tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Hmm way too complicated. Just learn that green = good.

I tried it with:

// Assign RGB according to side	
	_colour = switch (side _unit) do
	{
    case 	west:{ [0,0,1] };
    case 	east:{ [1,0,0] };
    case 	resistance:{ [0,1,0] };
	};

but that results in black markers everytime.

Yes I know, but the colors don't change with your side. If you play OPFOR with default settings, all your allys are blue and the enemys are orange. Fixed colors per side would be awesome. Eg red for OPFOR, blue for BLUFOR green for INDFOR and white for CIV. This way you do not need to change your color settings all the time you want to play as CSAT or AAF.

The whole point of the HUD is for the player to be able to distinguish between friendly/non-combatants, enemies, and his own squad. You can pick whatever colours best enable you to do that, it's totally up to you. What's totally not up to me is to implement colour switching based on the side you play as. Do you think that CSAT would say to themselves "Hmm, NATO call us OPFOR and put us down as red, therefore we'd better display ourselves as red in our own HUDs"?

Hi tpw,

Just popping by to say I've put my first NOVA ZONA video up and just had to use your fantastic mod in it too..!

I have linked your mod in it to this thread mate- hope that's cool? :)

Edited by meshcarver

Hi tpw,

Just popping by to day I've put my first NOVA ZONA video up and just had to use your fantastic mod in it too..!

I have linked your mod in it to this thread mate- hope that's cool? :)

It's more than cool, thanks very much for the free advertising!

Hi all,

TPW thank you very much for this amazing mod. :459:

I'm testing on a mission, but can not find how to disable the debug console or limit the occurrence only of civilians, no cars, no airplanes, etc.

I keep trying.

Edited by Ootoito.Totoy

Hi all,

TPW thank you very much for this amazing mod. :459:

I'm testing on a mission, but can not find how to disable the debug console or limit the occurrence only of civilians, no cars, no airplanes, etc.

I keep trying.

Thanks Ootoito.Totoy. Your best bet is to read the 1st post, which details how to limit where ambient civs and vehicles will spawn using triggers. I can't disable the debug console.

It's more than cool, thanks very much for the free advertising!

Not a problem mate- this mod is so game changing it deserves all the attention it can get.

I can't play SP without it now! :)

Is there a way I can add other glasses to the config to function with the HUD? I've searched high and low and can't seem to find where it references just the tac glasses.

Is there a way I can add other glasses to the config to function with the HUD? I've searched high and low and can't seem to find where it references just the tac glasses.

At present there are no options in the hpp for glasses, they are hardcoded into the script itself. You are welcome to modify the glasses referenced in the various instances of:

(goggles _unit) in ["G_Tactical_Black", "G_Tactical_Clear"]

(goggles player) in ["G_Tactical_Black", "G_Tactical_Clear"]

@ Gliptal,

it seems that everybody is able to make run your program, but I can't.

Maybe could you add a note file "how to install and run TPW settings" step by step.

Do I have to install only the executable folder ? all files ??? where ? is The .java exe you mention and .jar the same files ? :confused:. I am not code friendly...

I feel like a joung baby a little lost.

Thanks for your job anyway .:o

@tpw : tanks for your great job

Windblow

@Windblow:

You are right, I am probably taking too much for granted.

tpw's download should already have embedded the latest TPW SETTINGS (version 1.5.0 as for now), placed in the correct folder.

If for some reason you don't find the latest version there, you can download it manually from this git link using the 'Download ZIP' button in the right pane. You should then extract the .jar file from the /executable folder, and place it alongside TPW_MODS.hpp in Arma's /userconfig folder. You have done everything right if you see both the .jar and the .hpp in the same folder.

From there just double click the .jar and you are set: it works exactly like an .exe, hence you can make a shortcut on your desktop or similar. The only thing that won't work is starting the program via cmd from a folder that isn't the one the .jar resides in (I doubt this is your case :p).

If nothing happens you probably don't have Java installed on your PC, but this is a remote possibility.

@tpw:

It seems you still have 1.3.0 embedded in your download: remember to put in 1.5.0 with your next push, since it's a much improbed version of the GUI. :D

@everyone:

Anyone with those two screens I need? :p

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

tpw,

I was playing on Chernarus and Bystrica the other day and thought how great it would be to have trains using those train tracks and passing by every now and again. Is it something that would be within the scope of your project? Is it doable at all?

If you ever find yourself wondering what else to add to your mod you might want to think... trains ;)

^^.......we already have lots of planes and automobiles.

I have never seen a train model in the armaverse. Is the engine capable? This would be sweet.

Hi, could someone kindly upload a pic with HUD feature working using FRAPS?

I am completely lost and went back to around page 120 and read up to now.

Still have no idea what's going on and how to implement it.

Cheers

Suggestion: Ever since OFP, night vision goggles are something you just turn on, not something you wear on your face and take off. What I always missed was some kind of animation that somewhat resemble the action wearing the night vision goggles, or at least showing the NV view coming down on your eyes... :rolleyes:

@Variable

Have you played Metro 2033 / Metro: Last Light. I think this would be exactely what you are looking for, it really had amazing immersive animations. Put your gas mask on, check your watch or your map, etc.

@Variable

Have you played Metro 2033 / Metro: Last Light. I think this would be exactely what you are looking for, it really had amazing immersive animations. Put your gas mask on, check your watch or your map, etc.

Yes, now that you bring it up, this is exactly what I mean.

Cheers

Hey kommiekat,

Very simply download the latest version. Install as any other mod and put it into your commandline. Drag the userconfig folder out of the @TPW_MODS folder and put it into arma3 root. Run arma3, press I to go into inventory and drag the tactical glasses onto your face ... eh voila HUD !

@Gliptal : thanks a lot ... it is perfectly running now. Cool App:)

Cheers

sure:

ac4ehgha.jpg

three civilian/neutral contacts in white, one orange enemy contact, the guy on the right is too close to show up (within 25m by default). I'm at 019026 on Stratis (i.e. Girna), looking at North, 8 degrees azimuth, height above sea level is 2m, it is 6:00 in the morning and the temperature is 20 degree celcius, the point where im looking/aiming at is 22m away. The number in the middle counts the number of acknowledged contacts.

@TPW: what I'd really like to have changed is the marker on the contacts. They pretty much cover the enemy so it is hard to aim properly, and you can't see what the guy is doing (e.g. is he reloading, is he grabbing his AT, where is he looking?), so that is a big disadvantage, and taking off the googles for firefights is not comfortable at all either (hey, this is 2035, isn't it? not wearing augmented reality goggles is soooo 2014^^).

I'd rather prefer a circle or box around the infantry contact that will make it stand out, but is big enough to not cover anything of the soldier. And thinner letters/numbers (i.e. different font) would be very welcome, too, the "m" is not needed either because it is clear that those numbers give Meter measures. Would be nice if you could think about an option for that. This is an idea of what I'd like to see:

n7h95bz2.jpg

Edited by Brainbug

@TPW: what I'd really like to have changed is the marker on the contacts. They pretty much cover the enemy so it is hard to aim properly, and you can't see what the guy is doing (e.g. is he reloading, is he grabbing his AT, where is he looking?), so that is a big disadvantage, and taking off the googles for firefights is not comfortable at all either (hey, this is 2035, isn't it? not wearing augmented reality goggles is soooo 2014^^).

I'd rather prefer a circle or box around the infantry contact that will make it stand out, but is big enough to not cover anything of the soldier. And thinner letters/numbers (i.e. different font) would be very welcome, too, the "m" is not needed either because it is clear that those numbers give Meter measures. Would be nice if you could think about an option for that. This is an idea of what I'd like to see:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/140508/n7h95bz2.jpg

I was thinking the same thing the other day. The HUD has really grown on me -- I love it -- but it would be great if the unit marker could be set up similarly to what Brainbug has mocked up. STALKER had that when you spotted enemies with the binoculars:

http://media.moddb.com/images/articles/1/132/131078/auto/128370302-4.jpg (108 kB)

Anyways, great work as always TPW.

I also wanted to say to Gliptal that the newest version of the app for editing the config file is a really nice update, especially the HUD section and the way it's broken down. Nice work!

sure:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/140508/temp/ac4ehgha.jpg

three civilian/neutral contacts in white, one orange enemy contact, the guy on the right is too close to show up (within 25m by default). I'm at 019026 on Stratis (i.e. Girna), looking at North, 8 degrees azimuth, height above sea level is 2m, it is 6:00 in the morning and the temperature is 20 degree celcius, the point where im looking/aiming at is 22m away. The number in the middle counts the number of acknowledged contacts.

http://s1.directupload.net/images/140508/n7h95bz2.jpg

I was thinking the same thing the other day. The HUD has really grown on me -- I love it -- but it would be great if the unit marker could be set up similarly to what Brainbug has mocked up. STALKER had that when you spotted enemies with the binoculars:

http://media.moddb.com/images/articles/1/132/131078/auto/128370302-4.jpg (108 kB)

Anyways, great work as always TPW.

I also wanted to say to Gliptal that the newest version of the app for editing the config file is a really nice update, especially the HUD section and the way it's broken down. Nice work!

Believe me I thought long and hard about the best way to present the HUD icons. I went with a system that puts a diamond over the centre of mass so you don't need to see what the unit is doing, just shoot the bastard. On the other hand I can fully understand what you guys are getting at. Let me do some cogitating.

@Gliptal : thanks a lot ... it is perfectly running now. Cool App:)
Thanks.

@Brainbug: Any chance you could make a couple of similar screenshots (one with the HUD at default settings, one on the same scene without HUD)? My RIG is currently uncapable of running A3.

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

Lately had some time to try HUD after few updates - wow. Awesome thing. :) I can confirm observation about marks covering the target however. Played also with falling under fire feature (great update lately, constant knockdown-getting up "dance" was annoying earlier), and on the close range I was even unable to determine, if eg. unit is fallen to the ground or not due to huge at this range unit mark + targeting mark. I was shooting half-blindly. IMO marks should point the target, but not cover it - should help during firefight, not hinder. Perhaps those diamonds should be big enough to encase whole unit within when distance is far/medium? And perhaps should have lowered seriously max size/line thickness to not veil units, when close? Last thing to report is from my RPT:

Error in expression <apmarkers select _ct;

if (getmarkertype _marker == "hd_objective" && {["!!",mark>

Error position: <_marker == "hd_objective" && {["!!",mark>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _marker

File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 509

Did not used marker feature for HUD, but there was markers present on map.