tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

How this HUD works in 3rd person, as i played a hour ago the HUD was switching whole time ON/OFF ^^

Ensure that you're running the latest version and have updated 'Arma 3/Userconfig/TPW_MODS/TPW_MODS.hpp', then adjust the following config line:

tpw_hud_thirdperson = 0; // No HUD in 3rd person. 1 = HUD in 3rd person

Ensure that you're running the latest version and have updated 'Arma 3/Userconfig/TPW_MODS/TPW_MODS.hpp', then adjust the following config line:

tpw_hud_thirdperson = 0; // No HUD in 3rd person. 1 = HUD in 3rd person

Thanks dude :)

Latest version at mission init spam my RPT wit this:

Error in expression <lse

{

tpw_hud_active = false;

[] call tpw_hud_fnc_nvoff;

{

_x ctrlshow false>

Error position: <tpw_hud_fnc_nvoff;

{

_x ctrlshow false>

Error Undefined variable in expression: tpw_hud_fnc_nvoff

File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 719

Does latest version require userconfig update? I can't spot any difference, but if not that, then no idea, what causes this error. I have both, addtac and 3dperson set to 0.

@tpw:

To me tpw_fall is still the most important part of the functionality you added.

Might I humbly ask for a small improvement? ;)

Would it be possible to make the duration for which an AI unit is knocked down when being hit dependent on its overall health?

With the current body armour handling of A3 I often encounter sequences where an AI opponent is knocked down, popping up after a second, being shot down again, popping up again,...

As this does not appear to be like a human would react it tends to reduce the gain in immersion brought by tpw_fall.

My suggestion would be, to increase the duration for which AIs are knocked to the ground as their health decreases with subsequent hits taken.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@tpw:

To me tpw_fall is still the most important part of the functionality you added.

Might I humbly ask for a small improvement? ;)

Would it be possible to make the duration for which an AI unit is knocked down when being hit dependent on its overall health?

With the current body armour handling of A3 I often encounter sequences where an AI opponent is knocked down, popping up after a second, being shot down again, popping up again,...

As this does not appear to be like a human would react it tends to reduce the gain in immersion brought by tpw_fall.

My suggestion would be, to increase the duration for which AIs are knocked to the ground as their health decreases with subsequent hits taken.

Awesome idea oldy41! I will code that in ASAP, expect an update soon.

Latest version at mission init spam my RPT wit this:

Does latest version require userconfig update? I can't spot any difference, but if not that, then no idea, what causes this error. I have both, addtac and 3dperson set to 0.

The same for me

The same for me

Well spotted guys, I will fix this ASAP.

TPW MODS 20140503: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140503.zip

Changes:

[FALL 1.27] AI delay in regaining feet after being hit is proportional to health (damage).

[bLEEDOUT 1.12] Stance changes don't apply when unit is on ground from a fall.

[HUD 1.23] Removed call to non existent function - no RP spam.

This update implements oldy41's suggestion so that a unit knocked down by a bullet will stay down for a time proportional to the degree of injury. The config variable tpw_fall_falltime now represents the maximum time a unit will stay down from an animated fall, and the minimum time a unit will stay down from a serious ragdoll fall. Bleedout has been modified so that it will no longer cause units to stance change when they are down from a fall, which was often causing hit units to regain their feet very quickly.

High TPW!

How can i use the tpw_air script only with Addon Airplanes and Helis? Without the tpw_air_helitypes = [] and tpw_air_planetypes (from cfgVehicles), only with tpw_air_extrahelis and tpw_air_extraplanes ?

Or maybe a additional Variable would be good:

With stock AirVehicles=1

With 3rd Party Addons=2

Both together=3

Greetz

Pit

Thanks a lot! :bounce3:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just a word to say thank you !

This is an huge and awesome work, pretty well done. I can't imagine the time you passed on all of this.

For the moment i didn't encount any major bugs.

Thanks again !

Thank you very much for these awesome mods. It would be nice if the HUD colors would be the same as the side color, so you no longer shoot on orange enemys while playing OPFOR. Eg red for OPFOR, blue for BLUFOR green for INDFOR.

Edited by gabberxxl

gabberxxl, you can change ANY of the colours to whatever you like in the userconfig

TPW SETTINGS

[1.4.0]

- corrected CIVS display bug

- implemented HUD sections

Important README edits:
NEXT STEPS:

1. Checkboxes and combobexes for HUD

2. Better names for parameters

3. Reorder parameters in a consistent way

4. Handle not updated presets

5. HUD live preview

6. Inserted value check

Sorry it took so much time, but I wanted to refactor the whole code and I didn't have much time lately. Basically now HUD is actually customizable through the GUI, since all 30+ parameters are divided in different sections and not crowded in a single one.

Yay!

Sorry it took so much time, but I wanted to refactor the whole code and I didn't have much time lately. Basically now HUD is actually customizable through the GUI, since all 30+ parameters are divided in different sections and not crowded in a single one.

Yay!

Just tried this out Gliptal and wow, what a difference. Nice and clean and so much easier to use. Excellent job mate! ;)

Just tried this out Gliptal and wow, what a difference. Nice and clean and so much easier to use. Excellent job mate! ;)
Thanks. :)

Could someone please post a screenshot of a HUD view with every possible marker active? It would be great to also have a similar/identical screenshot with the HUD off!

Yay!

EDIT: Just noticed there is a bug with reverting, where the button will work only if a preset other than the defaul "REVERT" is selected. I will address this with 1.5.0 shortly, along with a bunch of addings.

Edited by Gliptal

TPW CONFIG

[1.5.0]

- added checkboxes to HUD

- reordered GUI parameters for consistency, no changes in .hpp

- more descriptive parameter names

- added all unit of measurements to parameter names

- ERR value will be shown if `.hpp` or `.PRST` files are outdated

- corrected 'REVERT' button bug

Important README edits:

Next Steps:

1. HUD live preview

2. Inserted value check

It turns out I coded everything in such a way that reordering parameters on the GUI side is both easy and separated from the actual .hpp file: this means that now everything is ordered in a way I think is more consistent (tell me if you think otherwise), and at the same time the file is left as before.

I also added unit of measurements to the new parameter names descriptions.

Next step is a working HUD live preview, but I need those two screenshots for that! :D

Yay!

gabberxxl, you can change ANY of the colours to whatever you like in the userconfig

Yes I know, but the colors don't change with your side. If you play OPFOR with default settings, all your allys are blue and the enemys are orange. Fixed colors per side would be awesome. Eg red for OPFOR, blue for BLUFOR green for INDFOR and white for CIV. This way you do not need to change your color settings all the time you want to play as CSAT or AAF.