tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Hi TPW.Is it possible to tilt the font as in the screenshot?

34e58a53d60caf414e66bae287d2fdef.jpeg

Hi TPW.Is it possible to tilt the font as in the screenshot?

Good idea, but I think it's suppose to be swept to the left instead for the right, isn't it?

A good reference might be Crysis' HUD:

Crysis-Wars-Trial_12.jpg

Good idea, but I think it's suppose to be swept to the left instead for the right, isn't it?

A good reference might be Crysis' HUD:

http://i1-games.softpedia-static.com/screenshots/Crysis-Wars-Trial_12.jpg

The right side is the "correct" side since thats where the screen sits on the tactical glasses in game. You can always move it where you want on the screen through the userconfig HPP.

The right side is the "correct" side since thats where the screen sits on the tactical glasses in game. You can always move it where you want on the screen through the userconfig HPP.

I didn't mean the positioning on the screen. I meant the angle in which the data is displayed. If you look carefully on Sammael's image and Crysis', you'll notice the image is a bit curved, to reflect the fact it's projected over a curved surface such as the sun glasses'.

I didn't mean the positioning on the screen. I meant the angle in which the data is displayed. If you look carefully on Sammael's image and Crysis', you'll notice the image is a bit curved, to reflect the fact it's projected over a curved surface such as the sun glasses'.

Ah gotcha, sorry. ;) Isnt that more of a cool "effect" though rather than what you would actually see? Maybe cool.

Man, if we could have something like the Crysis overlay that would be AWESOME! Take that 2035 !!

I foresee a potential issue for some missions with the new HUD map marker aspect. Some mission makers create missions that use hidden markers and they seem to all appear in some cases, as with the Pilgrimage SP mission.

Example: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3278927438185725440/E08CA6DF61DF1A25176935E35AB665A9FCBDE845/

Since in this mission in particular it creates markers for every church/chapel on Altis, I have a feeling it's showing all of these locations when wearing the tactical glasses.

I've just encountered the HUD issue mentioned by Solex last night while playing Pilgrimage. But anyway, this HUD idea is so awesome and it has a huge potential to be one of must-have features in ARMA3, let alone TPW itself is already one of must-haves.:ok:

BTW, I have two feature requests to TPW as follows:

1) Component to modify the damage multiplier against AI enemy soldiers. Currently AI enemies have absurd durability and I need to spend half a clip to kill each one of them. TPW makes them reacting to bullet hits very nicely, but they eventually stand up and shoot back until they are shot like swiss cheese, making it fairly unrealistic. I tried to make them die more easily by fiddling the bleed out variables but to no avail.

2) Component to modify AI accuracy/disperse/reflection, etc. Currently I use one of AI tuning mods (such as ASR and bCombat) to tone down enemy soldiers' outrageous aimbot accuracy, but such AI mods are performance intensive and make FPS nosedive when there are lots of things going on. So if I could tune AI's accuracy in TPW it would be great in terms of performance and compatibility. And if I could set accuracies for enemy and friendly separately, it would be magnificent.

I will appreciate your consideration.

Daily report. I added a sort of semaphore to have a quick glance of what Mods are active and what are not: the semaphore is already connected to the "ACTIVE" checkbox in the single mod window.

34Wyj9g.png

hP0jK1R.png

You can download the .java from my github repo ("Download ZIP" on the right pane), it's inside the "/executable" folder. Check the "/sources" folder if you want to have a laugh at how the program is coded.

Remember this is just the skeleton (4 mods out of 16 done for now), so changing the values will do nothing.

tpw feel free to hate me for hijacking your thread. :p

Yay!

Hi all

Thanks for all the feedback, which I appreciate as always.

Firstly, HUD distortion. Aint gonna happen for 2 reasons. 1 - There is no facility in-engine to rotate controls on any axis. 2 - even if it could be done I wouldn't do it. HUD distortion would occur if the image were projecting onto the inside of a sphere like a space helmet, but the tac goggles HUD represents it being displayed from a very slightly curved surface a couple of cm from the players eyes. You can try to roughly simulate it by altering HUD element text and placement slightly if you want. Distorted HUDs are a video game conceit and the whole point of this HUD is not to look like that! Don't expect a Crysis HUD any time soon from yours truly.

Second, markers. I have reworked the marker code and the HUD will only display makers whose label begins with !!. If you label a marker !! then it will appear on the HUD displaying only its distance. If you label it !!wp1 then it will appear on the HUD as wp1. Thanks to Ryd for the suggestion.

@krechtsieg: 1) Bullet hit adjustor: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171382-NATO-5-56-and-7-62-adjustor. 2) Stick with bCombat. I do! Seriously, Fabrizio_T is a coding genius and his AI improvement is so spectacular that he should be hired by BIS yesterday.

No way mate, I'm feeling the love.

That's the best hijack I've ever witnessed :)

Hello,

I've noticed that after a team switching with last release, the HUD comes back on (early release) screen center instead of its new default location, low-right.

Just to report the issue :)

Awesome stuff BTW, I bug test your release when I have time !

Hello,

I've noticed that after a team switching with last release, the HUD comes back on (early release) screen center instead of its new default location, low-right.

Just to report the issue :)

Awesome stuff BTW, I bug test your release when I have time !

Nice catch mate, fixed for next release.

---------- Post added at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

TPW MODS 20140413: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140413.zip

Changes:

[FOG 1.15] User defined fog settings are respected if ground fog and rain fog are disabled.

[HUD 1.05] HUD displays map placed markers whose description begins with "!!" (no quotes). HUD correctly positioned after team switching.

Hey tpw,

Is there a way to force hud on nomatter what every player has? I want to use it for a future setting ;) Genetically engineered cyborgs with the HUD built into the eyes !

Oh and finally, and please do say NO, would you consider releasing a configurable hud as a standalone addon/scripts?

It would also be nice to have sucha a function so you can use it along the whole campaign.

Yay!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

tpw: I'm parsing through your tpw_config.cpp for my project, and I notice some inconsistencies in how the parameters are laid out. I'm simply writing them down, if you decide or not to solve them is entirely up to you!

Until FALL I found the following:

- The "maximum amount of elements" parameter is named:
 - 'max' in AIR and ANIMALS; 
 - 'num' in BOATS and CARS;
 - 'maxciv' in CIVS.

Would be more consistent to always have the same name (either 'num', 'max' or 'maxmod').

- The "threshold" parameter is named:
 - 'thresh' in BLEEDOUT and EBS; 
 - 'threshold' in FALL;

Would be more consistent to always have the same name (either 'thres', or 'threshold').

- Parameters ordering isn't consistent

Would be nice to always have the same order (like active -> delay -> max -> radius -> waypoints).

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

Hmm not seeing the HUD elements around the screen, but I do see friendly, enemy and markers on the HUD. Anyone else finding this ?

Hmm not seeing the HUD elements around the screen, but I do see friendly, enemy and markers on the HUD. Anyone else finding this ?

Agree, same issue in my game

Make sure to update to the latest userconfig. In one of the last updates the text size factors were changed to work differently - if you still have the old configuration, the text sizes will be shrunk down so much you can't see them.

I updated my userconfig. Its not the first time i install a mod...

D'oh. Didn't see he just released a new version.

Just checked the new userconfig and... well, I guess the opposite is true - you shouldn't have updated the userconfig after all :p

As a quick workaround edit the userconfig and replace all the tpw_hud_xzy[] text size factors of 0.025 with 1.

@tpw: It seems the userconfig included in the latest release has the old text size factors again :)