tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Don't worry about it mate, it'll be fixed in a few hours!

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

D'oh! That was on my to do list and slipped off with all the HUD excitement. I will fix it pronto.

Thanks for the fast reply! I'll check it out when I get a chance.

Good call nkey, thanks. I have implemented the stacked eventhandler and will release it shortly.

Yeah, I was about to mention that my mission broke with your mod due to onEachFrame being overwritten. Although I think Release build still doesn't support custom arguments in stackedEventHandlers.

Yeah, I was about to mention that my mission broke with your mod due to onEachFrame being overwritten. Although I think Release build still doesn't support custom arguments in stackedEventHandlers.

I can also use cba's perframeeventhandler if needs be.

Maybe you're busy on it already, but please try and fix the save game load issue with the hud mod. I tried to modify it myself for personal use but I know nothing of GUI's in Arma 3 so it's all sorta confusing to me...

Here's where I found some info and examples, this has links to more stuff >> See Post # 21: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170378-Mods-won-t-load-from-a-save-game/page3

See Post #6: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153884-loadable-permanent-GUI

I tried to do as the one from post #6 above but couldn't get it to work at all.

Maybe someone with ninja skills can lend a hand if needed. :)

Maybe you're busy on it already, but please try and fix the save game load issue with the hud mod. I tried to modify it myself for personal use but I know nothing of GUI's in Arma 3 so it's all sorta confusing to me...

Here's where I found some info and examples, this has links to more stuff >> See Post # 21: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170378-Mods-won-t-load-from-a-save-game/page3

See Post #6: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153884-loadable-permanent-GUI

I tried to do as the one from post #6 above but couldn't get it to work at all.

Maybe someone with ninja skills can lend a hand if needed. :)

Just about have it sorted LFZ. I can get TPW HUD coming back after a save game load using a modified version of Killzone's principle. Now I just have to implement the same functionality for the rest of TPW MODS...

.. and here we go

TPW MODS 20140408: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140408.zip

Changes:

[ALL] All TPW MODS now work when resuming save games - Thanks to Killzone for the inspiration.

[HUD 1.03] HUD will work during team switching. HUD no longer interferes with other scripts using oneachframe.

[AIR 1.24] Bug fix - will not try to spawn helicopters/planes that aren't in the config.

OK, another big change. Thanks to Killzone's clever concept of spawning mod scripts so that they reload on save games, I have been able to make all the TPW MODS resume when loading save games. I have tested it out in editor and various scenarios and it all seems to be working perfectly. But those are famous last words, so if you spot any issues please let me know.

One result of this change is that script versions can no longer detect if the addon version is running, so you'll have to exercise caution if you mix and match them.

TPW HUD uses onteamswitch to keep itself running across team switches. There's only one instance of onteamswitch allowed at a given time, so let me know if this causes problems and I can fall back on my less elegant plan B for this problem.

Edited by tpw

Aah thank you! I actually just got the HUD to load on save games myself after some fudging around. Should've checked back here earlier but I learned something at-least...

Just for kicks here's what I did.

In tpw_hud.sqf:

I removed the check for hud active: //if !(isnil "tpw_hud_active") exitwith {hint "TPW HUD already running."};

The check would not allow the hud script to run again as the tpw_hud_active variable is already set to true.

I then added a single waituntil on one of the loop spawns so the script won't exit after calling and spawning its functions:

[] call tpw_hud_fnc_activate;
_sl = [] spawn tpw_hud_fnc_shortloop;
[] spawn tpw_hud_fnc_longloop;
[] call tpw_hud_fnc_brightness;
waitUntil {sleep 1; scriptDone _sl}; //never dies unless the game loads from a save

In init.sqf:

I modified it to check when the tpw_hud.sqf script had finished (would happen after a game load)

if (_hudactive == 1) then
{
	[_hudrange,_hudcolour,_hudenemycolour,_hudsquadcolour,_hudalpha,_huddata] spawn
	{
	    waitUntil {!isNil "BIS_fnc_init"};
	    while {true} do
	    {
	    	player sideChat "TPW Hud loaded!";
			_hudrange = _this select 0;
			_hudcolour = _this select 1;
			_hudenemycolour = _this select 2;
			_hudsquadcolour = _this select 3;
			_hudalpha = _this select 4;
			_huddata = _this select 5;
	        _h = [_hudrange,_hudcolour,_hudenemycolour,_hudsquadcolour,_hudalpha,_huddata] execvm "\TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf";
	        waitUntil {sleep 1; scriptDone _h}; // Wait for script to end then run it again
	    };
	};
	true
};

Edited by LowFlyZone
added code blocks

Aah thank you! I actually just got the HUD to load on save games myself after some fudging around. Should've checked back here earlier but I learned something at-least...

Just for kicks here's what I did.

In tpw_hud.sqf:

I removed the check for hud active: //if !(isnil "tpw_hud_active") exitwith {hint "TPW HUD already running."};

The check would not allow the hud script to run again as the tpw_hud_active variable is already set to true.

I then added a single waituntil on one of the loop spawns so the script won't exit after calling and spawning its functions:

[] call tpw_hud_fnc_activate;

_sl = [] spawn tpw_hud_fnc_shortloop;

[] spawn tpw_hud_fnc_longloop;

[] call tpw_hud_fnc_brightness;

waitUntil {sleep 1; scriptDone _sl}; //never dies unless the game loads from a save

In init.sqf:

I modified it to check when the tpw_hud.sqf script had finished (would happen after a game load)

if (_hudactive == 1) then

{

[_hudrange,_hudcolour,_hudenemycolour,_hudsquadcolour,_hudalpha,_huddata] spawn

{

waitUntil {!isNil "BIS_fnc_init"};

while {true} do

{

player sideChat "TPW Hud loaded!";

_hudrange = _this select 0;

_hudcolour = _this select 1;

_hudenemycolour = _this select 2;

_hudsquadcolour = _this select 3;

_hudalpha = _this select 4;

_huddata = _this select 5;

_h = [_hudrange,_hudcolour,_hudenemycolour,_hudsquadcolour,_hudalpha,_huddata] execvm "\TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf";

waitUntil {sleep 1; scriptDone _h}; // Wait for script to end then run it again

};

};

true

};

Great minds think alike mate, have a look inside the latest TPW MODS and you'll see i did pretty much the exactly the same for all the mods.

Edited by tpw

Great minds think alike mate, have a look inside the latest TPW MODS and you'll see i did pretty much the exactly the same for all the mods.

He he ;)

Btw got a 404 on the DropBox link so can't check it out yet. :rage:

Isn't the save/load issue only for scripts/loops running with GUI variables? I'm sure I've loaded save games and your tpw animals/tpw fall scripts were working. RainFx I think doens't work tho, just haven't noticed it yet tbh...

Edited by LowFlyZone

He he ;)

Btw got a 404 on the DropBox link so can't check it out yet. :rage:

Isn't the save/load issue only for scripts/loops running with GUI variables? I'm sure I've loaded save games and your tpw animals/tpw fall scripts were working. RainFx I think doens't work tho, just haven't noticed it yet tbh...

What a #$%^ing idiot, I turned my computer off before the dropbox had uploaded properly!

I just Killzoned all the mods to be on the safe side!

Please try again with the link and let me know

What a #$%^ing idiot, I turned my computer off before the dropbox had uploaded properly!

I just Killzoned all the mods to be on the safe side!

Please try again with the link and let me know

:torture: You turn off your computer? I can no longer trust you... In the meantime I fixed my status_hud after figuring out extractPBO was corrupting it, almost blamed the killzone code!

Ok so downloaded 200 OK this time and the loading works! Hopefully overkilling killzone on the tpw mods that might not need it doesn't accidently cause dual threads of said mods. :computer:

:torture: You turn off your computer? I can no longer trust you... In the meantime I fixed my status_hud after figuring out extractPBO was corrupting it, almost blamed the killzone code!

Ok so downloaded 200 OK this time and the loading works! Hopefully overkilling killzone on the tpw mods that might not need it doesn't accidently cause dual threads of said mods. :computer:

Should be OK, the init will only spawn each mod again if the mod stops.

Just did a test and it seems to be the case. Your mods work great now, thanks again!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Here is the skeleton of the main window of my config GUI.

p5S1KWx.png

I know it looks awful, but I'm going more for functionality than looks, at least until I get everything up and running.

Yay!

This mod is great but I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish I could use it in Multiplayer. Would make matches SO much more interesting. :/

Oh, but you can! It's an interesting fun multiplier, especially when everybody else has no idea what's going on. Random dog attacks, civilian AI passing through on ATVs during a firefight, it really does change the way multiplayer is played.

WOW!!! :)

To my shame I have only just started using this mod mate and alls I can say is I will never be able to play without it now..!

It has COMPLETELY transformed the game for me. Now, firefights are absolutely intense and dynamic whilst retaining their ARMA characteristics- the AI are truly a force to be reckoned with now especially with the LOS addon and EBS.

Also, the FALL- AMAZING!!! :)

For me it has really increased the ferocity of firefights and added more little dramatic moments like when you get knocked back on your arse, you try to get up and they keep pinging away at you to take you out!

The thing that has pleased me most though is that AI are now using my structures both inside and out a LOT more than if I test in vanilla- do you know why that would be?

In vanilla, they will mostly use the external part of my structures as cover and go around it, but with this they enter it constantly (lol, sounds saucy...) and are shooting through all the little peek holes I've modelled into it too which is brilliant to finally see!!!

Also, as I'm testing for NOVA ZONA I am choosing dreary rainy weather so you can imagine how pleased I was to see rain drops running down my googles and increasing immersion even more..!

Damn man, this has really breathed new life into it for me and I appreciate your work on this- keep going man!

WOW!!! :)

To my shame I have only just started using this mod mate and alls I can say is I will never be able to play without it now..!

It has COMPLETELY transformed the game for me. Now, firefights are absolutely intense and dynamic whilst retaining their ARMA characteristics- the AI are truly a force to be reckoned with now especially with the LOS addon and EBS.

Also, the FALL- AMAZING!!! :)

For me it has really increased the ferocity of firefights and added more little dramatic moments like when you get knocked back on your arse, you try to get up and they keep pinging away at you to take you out!

The thing that has pleased me most though is that AI are now using my structures both inside and out a LOT more than if I test in vanilla- do you know why that would be?

In vanilla, they will mostly use the external part of my structures as cover and go around it, but with this they enter it constantly (lol, sounds saucy...) and are shooting through all the little peek holes I've modelled into it too which is brilliant to finally see!!!

Also, as I'm testing for NOVA ZONA I am choosing dreary rainy weather so you can imagine how pleased I was to see rain drops running down my googles and increasing immersion even more..!

Damn man, this has really breathed new life into it for me and I appreciate your work on this- keep going man!

Fantastic, another happy customer. I'm glad it's improving your Arma3 experience, that's the entire reason I wrote it.

Someone know how i can get rid of the Message "TPW LOS already running" after Load a savegame? I use moduload for this, but the message didnt disappear after then

Hi TPW, I came here to suggest to check a little bug in multiplayer, but now I'm reading some infos and seems like your mod suite isn't multiplayer compatible? Wow, I missed that!

Anyways, the bug I found is that after enabling TPW mods, AI soldiers randomly get stucked after respawn. Basically, sometimes (totally random) AI soldiers totally freeze after respawing. Hope you can solve the issue, and if you can't cause TPW Mods are a single player mod only, you are still the man! BIS should pay you and implement your stuff from the source...

Someone know how i can get rid of the Message "TPW LOS already running" after Load a savegame? I use moduload for this, but the message didnt disappear after then

I don't use LOS but just tested and got the same when loading and clicking on the moduload button, also goes for tpw_houselights. I think TPW just forgot to remove the checks on those two scripts, I see they're still present. This does open an issue tho..

From what I remember out the top of my head, moduload runs the initializations for addons that execute using CBA to try solve the issue of GUI mods not working after a save. Script loops that run GUI variables will die after a game load, and TPW built in a simple new genius way to have them reinitialize themselves. However, it's built into all the scripts and when moduload runs, I think it's running the init.sqf which spawns the scripts again, including the save/load detection. Since the two culprit scripts don't throw out the error by themselves after a game load, we know they aren't dying, thus not handling GUI variables and just continue where they left off.

The error only comes when the init.sqf is executed again for the addon, which only happens when the moduload button is clicked, it spawns the save/load detection again which runs every 10 seconds, and thus every 10 seconds, it shows "**** already running".

The main issue now is that it possibly means all the scripts are running twice, especially those from which the "**** already running" has been blocked out, in order to allow the save/load detection to work without blocking themselves from getting the GUI stuff to run again.

But... "Moduload adds a button to the bottom right of the Escape Menu which, when pressed, runs the initialization code for any addon that uses CBA's Extended Pre or Post-Init EventHandlers for its initialization (allowing the player to reinitialize mods after loading a save-game). The button is only enabled when CBA-dependent mods require initialization (to prevent initializing mods multiple times)."

Now I'm confused because maybe it should not happen, but I don't know exactly how moduload chooses what to load and why...

Regardless, TPW should add this to his mod config so that moduload will never attempt to run it: disableModuload = true;

Like this...

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers
{
class TPW_WickidMod
{
	clientInit = "handler = [] execVM 'coolScripts\init.sqf'";
	disableModuload = true;
};
};

Sorry, I just love to figure out random crap ;)

Edited by LowFlyZone

Thanks for the bug reports guys. I will modify the errant scripts, but in the mean time since I actually explicitly state that TPW MODS works on save games, why the hell are you using moduload?

To make other Mods work I suppose.

Yay!

To make other Mods work I suppose.

Yay!

You're right. I should really have checked out moduload before mouthing off! I'll go and stand in the corner now.

As per LowFlyZone I'll add the disableModuload = true; line to the init and it won't be problem.

By the way, I like the look of the TPW MODS configuration interface you posted.