tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

How can i restrict to certain zone so the civilian can't approach to that zone

TPW MODS 20140324: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140324.zip

Changes:

[CARS 1.33] Bug fix - cars should now spawn again!

[AIR 1.23] Support for: Gnat Cessna 185; Dezkit Yak42 and Beechcraft T6A

[sTREETLIGHTS 1.00] Streetlights at night on A2/OA maps. Please update your TPW_MODS.hpp

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

How can i restrict to certain zone so the civilian can't approach to that zone

The first post details how to do it using either editor placed objects or triggers. Please read it and ask me again if you have trouble after that.

Edited by tpw

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Changes:

[sTREETLIGHTS 1.00] Streetlights at night on A2/OA maps.

A couple of quick questions:

- are you talking about the official A2/OA maps or all A2/OA compatible maps ?

- using AiA ? A3MP/A3MP-AP ? both ?

- if used in MP just for the streetlights, TPW must be configured on the server only or on all clients ?

Thx for this great update !

A couple of quick questions:

- are you talking about the official A2/OA maps or all A2/OA compatible maps ?

- using AiA ? A3MP/A3MP-AP ? both ?

- if used in MP just for the streetlights, TPW must be configured on the server only or on all clients ?

Thx for this great update !

Hi 1212etc

Answers:

1 - Any maps with streetlight objects!

2 - @A3MP and AiA

3 - It's SP, I have no idea. If all clients ran STREETLIGHTS then I'd imagine the map becoming too bright since each light would end up being lit multiple times. Edit: Actually I think lightpoint objects are local, so each client would need to run STREETLIGHTS.

Edited by tpw

Maybe already asked: Is it possible to use the Cars from Arma2/OA (AllinArma involved)? I tried to change the lines in tpw_park.sqf

tpw_park_civcarlist = [

"car_hatchback",

"SkodaGreen",

"Old_moto_TK_Civ_EP1",

"SkodaBlue"

];

and in tpw_cars.sqf

_civcarlist = [

"car_hatchback",

"SkodaGreen",

"hilux1_civil_3_open_EP1",

"SkodaBlue"

];

_comcarlist = [

"KamazOpen",

"V3S_Civ",

"Ikarus_TK_CIV_EP1"

];

Just as an example. But it didn´t work for me. All what i see are the Cars from A3.

Maybe already asked: Is it possible to use the Cars from Arma2/OA (AllinArma involved)? I tried to change the lines in tpw_park.sqf

and in tpw_cars.sqf

Just as an example. But it didn´t work for me. All what i see are the Cars from A3.

Are you disabling the addon version before trying to run the modified script version?

Too stupid, my fault. Of course not.

thx tpw

I love problems that can be solved so quickly! If you can provide me list of the A2 car classes I can add support for them at addon level.

I'm playing the Win campaign now along with TPW MODS, and when riding in a vehicle and there's campaign music playing, it is stopped when the the radio chatter sounds kick in.

I'm playing the Win campaign now along with TPW MODS, and when riding in a vehicle and there's campaign music playing, it is stopped when the the radio chatter sounds kick in.

That's because the only way I found to play sounds effectively in moving vehicles is by using playmusic. If there is already music playing then playmusic will override it. I have done a bit of experimenting and added an eventhandler which will detect if music is playing and prevent car radio from playing if so. It's not perfect but it's probably less jarring than music stopping. I will release this in an update soon.

Sounds good - probably the only detractor WRT your pack at this stage.

I bloody wish!

I love problems that can be solved so quickly! If you can provide me list of the A2 car classes I can add support for them at addon level.

Yepp, will do

Hi 1212etc

Answers:

1 - Any maps with streetlight objects!

2 - @A3MP and AiA

3 - It's SP, I have no idea. If all clients ran STREETLIGHTS then I'd imagine the map becoming too bright since each light would end up being lit multiple times. Edit: Actually I think lightpoint objects are local, so each client would need to run STREETLIGHTS.

Thx !

Tried on MP on a listen server (me as the server): only me had the lights, the other guy, not running TPWmods, was in the dark.

Did you notice that your lights don't have any effect on NVG ?

Thx !

Tried on MP on a listen server (me as the server): only me had the lights, the other guy, not running TPWmods, was in the dark.

Did you notice that your lights don't have any effect on NVG ?

Yep, looks like all clients need to run it to see lights.

Streetlights affect NVGs just like any other dynamic light.

TPW MODS 20140326: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140326.zip

Changes:

[RADIO 1.12] Car radio messages will not play while music tracks are playing. Removed spawning of radio objects

[PARK 1.07] Reduced CPU hit when spawning. Reduced (but unfortunately still not zero) incidence of spawned cars exploding

TPW MODS 20140326: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140326.zip

Changes:

[RADIO 1.12] Car radio messages will not play while music tracks are playing. Removed spawning of radio objects

[PARK 1.07] Reduced CPU hit when spawning. Reduced (but unfortunately still not zero) incidence of spawned cars exploding

Thanks tpw! Most appreciated.

Changes:

That is awesome!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

TPW MODS 20140326:

Changes:

I'm not sure this works well right now. I was playing the last mission of the campaign, and while driving there was some music playing, and after a while a car radio message was heard, stopping the music. Maybe the problem is that there was no music when I got in the car?

During further usage noted one thing more abut civilains - for some reason they often tend to run instead of walk. I can understand that when it is raining or during combat around, but otherwise it is odd. How do you limit speed of civilians? I think, forceSpeed command with low enough value is effective (you can even adjust randomly speed of walking using it still avoiding run, if max speed below running treshold value, that I do not remember righ now), at least was in A2.

I think, I know, what is this. If in mission settings independent side is not friendly to player side, civilians will tend to run, when see the player. Seems like kind of hostile response for civs, so no problem. Anyway, civilian allowFleeing 0 breaks this reaction. Civilian will still react on player presence by changing direction towards him (like "I see enemy!") or on the contrary (like for run), but no running. In such case works fine also setFriend to 1 - no more any hostile reaction, they are friendly to the player again.

Edited by Rydygier

I'm not sure this works well right now. I was playing the last mission of the campaign, and while driving there was some music playing, and after a while a car radio message was heard, stopping the music. Maybe the problem is that there was no music when I got in the car?

The problem could be if the music is playing before the script initialises and adds the setMusicEventHandler to detect playing music. It certainly is working properly if I start music once TPW RADIO is running