tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

There is no resting mechanich that I know of.

Yay!

Hello there

You are perfectly correct I was confusing TMRs mod.

Still, I'd like to know about the ambient air questions.

Rdgs

LoK

Play WithSix places a tpw_mods-folder inside the tpw_mods-folder inside the userconfig folder. So your tpw_mods.hpp is probably here: Arma3 3\userconfig\tpw_mods\tpw_mods\tpw_mods.hpp, which is one directory too many. I don't know why PWS does that, but it does. Move the tpw_mods.hpp one directory up and you should be good to go.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I moved it up a folder and it still doesn't work.

http://puu.sh/7DT87.png <------ Here's the directory of my userconfig, as far as I know, I'm pretty sure it's in the correct directory.

I also tried deleting the folder inside the userconfig folder to move the file up one in the directory, but to no avail, I still get the same error.

Any other suggestions Pergor???

EDIT: Well would you look at that! I found out I was looking in the wrong userconfig folder! Instead of looking in the steamapps folder, I was looking in the directory in 'my documents'. But anyways, I repeated the steps and they now work!

Thanks again Pergor!

Hey orlok, as far as your ambient air question, if you want to add more variety in the air, unpack the tpw_mod PBO, then edit the tpw_air.sqf with the classnames of aircraft you want then repack PBO and your good to go.

At least i think this is the correct method. Good luck.:wave:

Hey orlok, as far as your ambient air question, if you want to add more variety in the air, unpack the tpw_mod PBO, then edit the tpw_air.sqf with the classnames of aircraft you want then repack PBO and your good to go.

At least i think this is the correct method. Good luck.:wave:

Or even easier, use the script version. I'll repeat what I said in my earlier answer to orlok, if someone wants to give me additional aircraft classnames for inclusion I can think about putting them in, but I'm not going out there to chase them down myself.

---------- Post added at 10:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

Well, then my guess for the reason is wrong. Still, the effect is somehow caused by TPW_BLEEDOUT. I have disabled it, and since then I am no longer forced to stand up after patching myself up.

I had a closer look and you are right oldy41, I found a setunitpos "auto" in there which will affect plaer as well as AI. I will amend this for the next release.

Here are some choppers from ArmA 2 US Helicopters Import to A3.

Uh1h
uh1y
uh60m
uh60m_mev
ah1z
ah64d
ch_47f

C130 I 'think' is

ebu_c130

F18

JS_JC_FA18E
JS_JC_FA18F

Unless I'm dead wrong.

Here are some choppers from ArmA 2 US Helicopters Import to A3.

Uh1h
uh1y
uh60m
uh60m_mev
ah1z
ah64d
ch_47f

C130 I 'think' is

ebu_c130

F18

JS_JC_FA18E
JS_JC_FA18F

Unless I'm dead wrong.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it. I've gone back on my word have integrated the following aircraft: Peral A10C; Randomslap/Desktop C17; Theebu C130J; Chortles F35B; John Spartan/Saul Fa18 and Su35; Aplion A2 helicopter port; ADF Uncut Blackhawk. These will be used in addition to (not in place of) the inbuilt aircraft. I'm doing some final testing, will release in a few hours. And before the whingeing starts, a lot of these 3rd party aircraft have some LOD issues where they disappear from sight when more than 500m away, whereas the inbuilt aircraft are visible much further.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it. I've gone back on my word have integrated the following aircraft: Peral A10C; Randomslap/Desktop C17; Theebu C130J; Chortles F35B; John Spartan/Saul Fa18 and Su35; Aplion A2 helicopter port; ADF Uncut Blackhawk. These will be used in addition to (not in place of) the inbuilt aircraft. I'm doing some final testing, will release in a few hours. And before the whingeing starts, a lot of these 3rd party aircraft have some LOD issues where they disappear from sight when more than 500m away, whereas the inbuilt aircraft are visible much further.

This is great news! Thanks so much for all the effort you put in this amazing mod. Its a must-have mod that I've been using since you first released it.

TPW MODS 20140322: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140322.zip

Changes:

[bLEEDOUT 1.08] Player will no longer stand up after being healed.

[AIR 1.22] Will use additional aircraft mods if you have them installed: Peral A10C; Randomslap/Desktop C17; Theebu C130J; Chortles F35B; John Spartan/Saul Fa18 and Su35; Aplion A2 helicopter port; ADF Uncut Blackhawk

[bLEEDOUT 1.08] Player will no longer stand up after being healed.

Great, thanks a lot! :bounce3:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Those of you playing on A2/OA maps via AiA or @A3MP will have noticed by now that these maps are all pitch black at night because the none of the streetlamps work properly. I know there has been some work done to fix this by Atsche at the Community Update Project, but until these configs make it into AiA/A3MP you're stuck with either darkness or script based hacks like the one I present to you here:

TPW STREETLIGHTS:

/* 
TPW STREETLIGHTS - Streetlights on A2/OA maps
Author: tpw 
Date: 20140322
Version: 1.00

Disclaimer: Feel free to use and modify this code, on the proviso that you post back changes and improvements so that everyone can benefit from them, and acknowledge the original author (tpw) in any derivative works.     

To use: 
1 - Save this script into your mission directory as eg tpw_streetlights.sqf
2 - Call it with 0 = [10, 1000] execvm "tpw_streetlights.sqf"; where 10 = brightness factor (3-20 depending on map), 1000 = distance around player to scan for lights

THIS SCRIPT WON'T RUN ON DEDICATED SERVERS.
*/

if (worldname in ["Altis","Stratis"]) exitwith {};
if (isDedicated) exitWith {};
if (count _this < 2) exitwith {hint "TPW STREETLIGHTS incorrect/no config, exiting."};
WaitUntil {!isNull FindDisplay 46};
Waituntil {!(isnil "tpw_houselights_sunangle")};

_factor = _this select 0; 
_range = _this select 1; 

_lightarray = [];
_lastpos = [0,0,0];

_fnc_light =
{
private ["_lamp","_lightpos","_light","_type","_offset","_intensity","_colour"];
_lamp = _this select 0;
if !(_lamp in _lightarray) then 
	{
	_lightarray set [count _lightarray,_lamp];
	_type= typeof _lamp;
	switch _type do
		{
		case "Land_lampa_sidl":
			{
			_offset = [-1,1.5,4.2];
			_intensity = 300;
			_colour = [250,250,250]
			};
		case "Land_lampa_sidl_2":
			{
			_offset = [-1,1.5,4.2];
			_intensity = 300;
			_colour = [250,250,250]
			};
		case "Land_lampa_sidl_3":
			{
			_offset = [-1,1.5,4.2];
			_intensity = 300;
			_colour = [250,250,250]
			};			
		case "Land_PowLines_WoodL":
			{
			_offset = [0,0.5,3.8];
			_intensity = 100;
			_colour = [250,250,200]
			};
		case "Land_PowLines_ConcL":
			{
			_offset = [-1,0,5];
			_intensity = 200;
			_colour = [250,250,200]			
			};	
		case "Land_lampa_ind_zebr":
			{
			_offset = [-0.5,0,4];
			_intensity = 50;	
			_colour = [250,250,200]	
			};
		case "Land_lampa_ind":
			{
			_offset = [-0.5,0,4];
			_intensity = 50;	
			_colour = [250,250,200]	
			};	
		case "Land_Lamp_Small_EP1":
			{
			_offset = [0,0,3];
			_intensity = 50;	
			_colour = [250,250,200]	
			};		
		case "Land_Lamp_Street1_EP1":
			{
			_offset = [0,2,6];
			_intensity = 300;
			_colour = [250,250,250]	
			};	
		case "Land_Lamp_Street2_EP1":
			{
			_offset = [0,2,6];
			_intensity = 300;
			_colour = [250,250,250]	
			};				
		case "Land_PowLines_Conc2L_EP1":
			{
			_offset = [-0.5,0,5];
			_intensity = 200;	
			_colour = [250,250,200]	
			};		
		case "Land_Lampa_Ind_EP1":
			{
			_offset = [-0.5,0,4];
			_intensity = 50;	
			_colour = [250,250,200]	
			};					
			{
			_offset = [0,0,5];
			_intensity = 200;
			_colour = [250,200,200]
			};
		};
	_intensity = _intensity * _factor;	
	_lightpos = getposatl _lamp;
	_light = "#lightpoint" createVehicle _lightpos;   
	_light setLightColor _colour; 	
	_light setLightIntensity _intensity;	
	_light setLightAttenuation [1,0,0,500]; 	
	_light lightattachobject [_lamp,_offset];
	};
};

while {true} do
{
if (position player distance _lastpos > 250 && tpw_houselights_sunangle < 0) then
	{
	_lastpos = position player;
		{
		[_x] call _fnc_light;
		} foreach (position player nearObjects ["StreetLamp",_range]);
	};
sleep 3;
};

This is a pretty simple script, it periodically scans for streetlamp objects within a defined radius of the player, and adds a simple A3 dynamic lightsource, attached at an appropriate position and with an appropriate brightness/colour depending on the streetlamp class. Because of the large variance in map lighting configs, you can adjust the overall brightness of streetlights. You can of course edit the script to adjust light colours (by default they're near white). TPW STREETLIGHTS needs TPW HOUSELIGHTS to be running for its darkness checks.

I'm hoping that a few of you will test this out before I go to the hassle of incorporating it into an addon as part of TPW MODS. I'm aware of several shortcomings:

1 - Maps with lots of streetlights (eg Fallujah) will run into problems with so many dynamic lightsources (flickering etc)

2 - Lights can cause weird lighting fx on some of the poles when viewed more than 100m away.

3 - Lights cannot be shot out like real A3 bulbs

4 - Not all lights will be lit. Many OA houses have lights for instance, but these are not lit by this script.

Even with these drawbacks, seeing A2/OA maps lit with A3's wonderful dynamic lighting (shame about the shadows) at night is a real treat.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it. I've gone back on my word have integrated the following aircraft: Peral A10C; Randomslap/Desktop C17; Theebu C130J; Chortles F35B; John Spartan/Saul Fa18 and Su35; Aplion A2 helicopter port; ADF Uncut Blackhawk.

You should also integrate civilian aircraft, like dezkit's Yakovlev Yak-42D and Gnat's Cessna 185 Skywagon, not only military aircraft.

Just tried it. It seems to works really fine.

Just a question though, how could i apply this script to only lit up lights in a specific zone ?

Because the framerate loss i way, waaay too high otherwise.

Or even easier, use the script version. I'll repeat what I said in my earlier answer to orlok, if someone wants to give me additional aircraft classnames for inclusion I can think about putting them in, but I'm not going out there to chase them down myself.

---------- Post added at 10:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

I had a closer look and you are right oldy41, I found a setunitpos "auto" in there which will affect plaer as well as AI. I will amend this for the next release.

Hello there

I cant seem to find your earlier reply to me. But this answers most of my question :)

Can the planes/helos be set to engage enemies?

Apologies if you have already answered this but I really cant find your reply you mentioned.

Rgds

LoK

Can the planes/helos be set to engage enemies?

I don't think that is the purpose of the flights .. they are on setcaptive. It is more for show.

Hello there

Fair enough, that's what i assumed, I just thought it might spice things up a little. :)

Rgds

LoK

here is an idea. Arma 3 lacks bullet impacts on ai and other players, so is it possible for you to make a script that creates bullet impacts? thats the only thing im disliking about this game so far. (or a gore addon) I know it would be hard to make a mod such as this but it is an idea i would like you to think of. thank you for this awesome tpw mod, it enhances experience and makes the game all out better.

TPW Fall is already in there.

Yay!

here is an idea. Arma 3 lacks bullet impacts on ai and other players, so is it possible for you to make a script that creates bullet impacts? thats the only thing im disliking about this game so far. (or a gore addon) I know it would be hard to make a mod such as this but it is an idea i would like you to think of. thank you for this awesome tpw mod, it enhances experience and makes the game all out better.

Units will be knocked down as a result of being hit (TPW FALL). If you are talking about actual impact visuals, then you might want to look at Lao Fei Mao's bloodmist addon.

I don't think that is the purpose of the flights .. they are on setcaptive. It is more for show.

100% correct, give the man a lollypop!

Just tried it. It seems to works really fine.

Just a question though, how could i apply this script to only lit up lights in a specific zone ?

Because the framerate loss i way, waaay too high otherwise.

Yep you've identified a problem and that is that the density of streetlights on A2/OA maps is far higher than on Altis/Stratis, so in some situations the amount of dynamic lights can be uncomfortable for the CPU. It should be possible for me to restrict lighting to markers or something similar.

---------- Post added at 09:32 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

You should also integrate civilian aircraft, like dezkit's Yakovlev Yak-42D and Gnat's Cessna 185 Skywagon, not only military aircraft.

Next update.

Yep you've identified a problem and that is that the density of streetlights on A2/OA maps is far higher than on Altis/Stratis, so in some situations the amount of dynamic lights can be uncomfortable for the CPU. It should be possible for me to restrict lighting to markers or something similar.

Would be great.

Because i harldy see myself playing with my friends using this script. Not because it's flawed, not at all actually, but the impact on our respective performances would be too high to play decently ( with AI and other scripts running ).

During further usage noted one thing more abut civilains - for some reason they often tend to run instead of walk. I can understand that when it is raining or during combat around, but otherwise it is odd. How do you limit speed of civilians? I think, forceSpeed command with low enough value is effective (you can even adjust randomly speed of walking using it still avoiding run, if max speed below running treshold value, that I do not remember righ now), at least was in A2.

Hi,

first, thank you for still delivering a scripted version, i am using parts of it.

My question goes to the TPW Radio:

The script should regard, if there is already music playing. It kills the immersion, if i play music in the mission, which is suddenly interrupted by ambient radio.

Any hint appreciated.

cu

SerialMum

Would be great.

Because i harldy see myself playing with my friends using this script. Not because it's flawed, not at all actually, but the impact on our respective performances would be too high to play decently ( with AI and other scripts running ).

The thing is, there is no performance difference if I spawn dynamic lights just within a 200m radius or spawn them on the whole map. The engine handles distant dynamic lights by "baking in" the light. Probably the best way to improve performance is to drop the light brightness factor so that there are less overlapping lights.

During further usage noted one thing more abut civilains - for some reason they often tend to run instead of walk. I can understand that when it is raining or during combat around, but otherwise it is odd. How do you limit speed of civilians? I think, forceSpeed command with low enough value is effective (you can even adjust randomly speed of walking using it still avoiding run, if max speed below running treshold value, that I do not remember righ now), at least was in A2.

I'll have a look into it. Personally, I only ever see them run if they are getting rained on or if there are bullets flying.

Hi,

first, thank you for still delivering a scripted version, i am using parts of it.

My question goes to the TPW Radio:

The script should regard, if there is already music playing. It kills the immersion, if i play music in the mission, which is suddenly interrupted by ambient radio.

Any hint appreciated.

cu

SerialMum

I'll have a look to see if that is possible.