tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Just a heads up for people installing this with PlayWithSix.

Instead of installing the user config in arma3\userconfig\tpw_mods\tpw_mods.hpp as described in the read me.

Play Withsix will add an extra tpw_mods folder to the path: arma3\userconfig\tpw_mods\tpw_mods\tpw_mods.hpp

and you will get an error message when starting arma.

Copy the .hpp file and paste it into the first twp_mods folder and it will run as supposed to.

I don't understand how snow works and i don't see anything related to it in the userconfig. A small explanation would be welcome.

I don't understand how snow works and i don't see anything related to it in the userconfig. A small explanation would be welcome.
Click on Spoiler in the last tpw's post

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. Snow works like this:

For any climate region, there is a % chance of snow on any given day. The chance of snow is higher in cold months and lower (zero) in warmer months. For European maps the snow chance varies from 35% in December, to 0% in June. So if you run a mission on Chernarus on December 25, there is approximately a 1 in 3 chance that it will snow. Even on a day when it can snow, it might not if the sky is completely clear though, so you are better setting the overcast settings to raining/storming.

On Altis, there is only a 3% chance of snow during the coldest time (late Jan), so you'll almost never see it. On tropical and desert maps, you'll never see snow (obviously).

There are no config settings for snow, it just happens when it's meant to happen. If you want to force it to snow, try entering [] spawn tpw_fog_fnc_snow in the debug shell, which will launch the snow function.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

TPW you need a holiday so we can enjoy your md for a while without the need to keep updating it :P

nice work realy love it keep it up :)

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. Snow works like this:

For any climate region, there is a % chance of snow on any given day. The chance of snow is higher in cold months and lower (zero) in warmer months. For European maps the snow chance varies from 35% in December, to 0% in June. So if you run a mission on Chernarus on December 25, there is approximately a 1 in 3 chance that it will snow. Even on a day when it can snow, it might not if the sky is completely clear though, so you are better setting the overcast settings to raining/storming.

On Altis, there is only a 3% chance of snow during the coldest time (late Jan), so you'll almost never see it. On tropical and desert maps, you'll never see snow (obviously).

There are no config settings for snow, it just happens when it's meant to happen. If you want to force it to snow, try entering [] spawn tpw_fog_fnc_snow in the debug shell, which will launch the snow function.

Thanks.

Very cool stuff. Can I ask how you get your system to check for Map/Climate? I'm working on a few Addons

myself that would benefit form the Map/Date/Time so it will adjust its math for correct readouts.

update available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@tpw_mods.png

@ TPW;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

How would I go about enabling TWP MOD in the single player campaign? I've been searching everywhere and cannot seem to find the answer. In the campaign I cannot even reach the debug console so I'm not sure how to enable the mod. All my files and folders are in the right spot and its installed correctly. Help would be much appreciated!

It's enabled by default! :D

Yay!

I am absolutely in love with this mod,brings my missions to life and keeps the players on there toes as far as incoming civilian cars,aircraft and people are concerned,especially love the radio chatter and greek music coming from houses.I know you are considering making a dedicated server version one day but does anyone have a workaround for now so i can use on my dedicated?

Then there's something wrong with the installation. Are you sure the config is placed correctly?

Yay!

TPW MODS 20140310: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140310.zip

Changes:

[RAIN FX 1.04] Water droplets on vehicle windows during rain.

Continuing my quest to add small things to increase immersion, I was able to wrangle the refract particle effect to simulate raindrops splattering on vehicle windows. This is mainly possible due to a quirk in the engine which prevents particles from being displayed inside vehicles, but which shows them through windows. All particles thus appear to be outside the vehicle even if they're only spawned 2cm from the player's face. So the effect is of various sized droplets on the glass (with the occasional very large one). The droplet density will increase as the rain level increases, or as vehicle speed increases.

The effect is not perfect but looks a helluva lot better than the default water repellent glass (IMHO). Please test it out and let me know how it can be improved. All requests for windscreen wipers will be ignored...

TPW MODS 20140310: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140310.zip

Changes:

Continuing my quest to add small things to increase immersion, I was able to wrangle the refract particle effect to simulate raindrops splattering on vehicle windows. This is mainly possible due to a quirk in the engine which prevents particles from being displayed inside vehicles, but which shows them through windows. All particles thus appear to be outside the vehicle even if they're only spawned 2cm from the player's face. So the effect is of various sized droplets on the glass (with the occasional very large one). The droplet density will increase as the rain level increases, or as vehicle speed increases.

The effect is not perfect but looks a helluva lot better than the default water repellent glass (IMHO). Please test it out and let me know how it can be improved. All requests for windscreen wipers will be ignored...

Good job there tpw - will be in touch about refract stuff and other goodies! :)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Newupdate v1.38 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@tpw_mods.png

@ TPW;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Anyone know how this Mod gets the Map Name/Location for selecting the Civs to spawn in?

I'm working on a Temperature thingy for an Addon that would benefit from a 'known' Map. :lookaround:

Anyone know how this Mod gets the Map Name/Location for selecting the Civs to spawn in?

I'm working on a Temperature thingy for an Addon that would benefit from a 'known' Map. :lookaround:

Ask TPW directly, I don't think he's jelous of his code. :D

Yay!

Found it. Thanks. Just had to figure out the right way to phrase query in Google. (half-the-battle, right?) :p

Wow! Effect is fantastic! I lke it very much. :)