tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Awesome, thanks for your help! Very much appreciated. :notworthy:

Yep, already did that. :)

Edit:

Just tested it, and it worked ... except for one car that seemed to have spawned immediately. Which got me wondering, because I called all applicable scripts with a 30 seconds start delay in the init.sqf. Took another look at the scripts and realised that because I'm using them in an MP mission, the start parameters from the init were being overridden by the default values within the scripts themselves - and the default startup delay for the car script is 5 seconds. Mystery solved. :)

For now I've just commented the part of each script where it assigns the multiplayer defaults, so that it won't override the values from my init. But I'm wondering, is there a specific reason why you made the scripts always use default values for multiplayer?

Glad you got it working. Default values are assigned if MP so that all players will see the same ambient stuff. But given how half arsed my MP skillz are, this is probably wrong. On the other hand, given that these scripts are really written for SP with just a few MP things thrown in, too bad!

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

TPW MODS 20140222: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140222.zip

Changes:

[ANIMALS 1.30] Override BIS default FSM for animals so they no longer run everywhere. Dogs now bark when there is gunfire (needs TPW EBS)

[CARS 1.28] Additional code for spawn delay based on proximity to towns (Thanks Rydygier).

What must I change in the CIVS config to spawn way more civs? I found the "houses per civ" (default 5) line. Must this value be in- or decreased?

I already increased the "Max Civs" value to 100.

I found the "houses per civ" (default 5)

To have really many people I set there numbers like 0.1 or so. This value means, how many buildings must be in radius to spawn single civilian, I believe, so the lower value, the more spawned civs.

TPW MODS 20140223: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140223.zip

Changes:

[ANIMALS 1.31, CIVS 1.18, PARK 1.06, RADIO 1.11] Fallujah compatibility.

I added the various Fallujah house classes to get ambient behaviour on one of the great maps!

@Cyclone83: The "houses per civ" variable is as Rydygier explained it. The default of 5 means that one civ will spawn for every 5 houses within the defined radius of the player (or if you like, 0.2 civs per house). If you set it to 1, then 1 civ will spawn for every house. If you set it to 0.1 then 10 civs will spawn per house. Be aware that large civ numbers will really cripple game performance (their default pathfinding and FSM eats CPUs for breakfast).

New update available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@tpw_mods.png

@ tpw

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

;2629010']New update available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

http://img-cdn.withsix.com/mods/rv/@tpw_mods.png

@ tpw

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so' date=' please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thanks .kju, that's awesome. Also, the sexiest download button I've ever seen!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks to you too Foxhound. Download button not quite as sexy :)

Download button shouldn't be too sexy, people can be distracted by it thus have difficulties with proceeding.

Im having this error: "file tpw_mods/config.cpp line 7 config end of line encounterered after 20140223;ddons"

I already copied the config thing. It worked fine before.

Edited by Aseliot

tpw, what is the correct path for the userconfig? I ask, because Six network distributes this for me:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@TPW_MODS\userconfig\tpw_mods\ (folder empty)

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@TPW_MODS\userconfig\tpw_mods.hpp

So ist the correct path:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\tpw_mods\tpw_mods.hpp

or

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\tpw_mods.hpp

?

TIA

Im having this error: "file tpw_mods/config.cpp line 7 config end of line encounterered after 20140223;ddons"

same problem here

fixed it by unpacking TPWmods.pbo with eliteness and changing the config cpp

// TPW MODS Version 20140223

class CfgPatches
{
class TPW_MODS
	{
	units[] = { };
	weapons[] = { };
	requiredAddons[] = {"CBA_Extended_EventHandlers"};
	version = "20140223; <<=======ERROR====ERROR=============change this to version = "20140223";
	versionStr = "20140223";
	versionDesc= "TPW MODS";
	versionAr[] = {2014,02,23};
	author[] = {"tpw"};
	};
};

repack the file with eliteness and voila problem solved

Edited by supergruntsb78

just tried that and no joy for me edit: sorry ignore that i was being stupid i hadnt repacked it properly

Edited by sidz

tpw, what is the correct path for the userconfig? I ask, because Six network distributes this for me:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@TPW_MODS\userconfig\tpw_mods\ (folder empty)

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@TPW_MODS\userconfig\tpw_mods.hpp

So ist the correct path:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\tpw_mods\tpw_mods.hpp

or

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\tpw_mods.hpp

?

TIA

Thanks for the heads up everyone, I have fixed that stupid config error and reuploaded it.

Download button shouldn't be too sexy, people can be distracted by it thus have difficulties with proceeding.

Worse, there can be issues with premature downloading.

Worse, there can be issues with premature downloading.

My computer is very disappointed when that happens

Kju I'm sorry, I use Armarize, which uses the Six network. I deleted its internal (tpw) repository, and the Addon. Then redownloaded via Armarize. Also here, I get an empty userconfig folder and the userconfig.hpp is one level up.

m:\Software\Games\Arma\3\Packages\@tpw_mods\.pack\userconfig\tpw_mods\ [empty]

m:\Software\Games\Arma\3\Packages\@tpw_mods\.pack\userconfig\tpw_mods.hpp.gz

.gz has: m:\Software\Games\Arma\3\Packages\@tpw_mods\.pack\userconfig\tpw_mods.hpp.gz\tpw_mods.hpp

In the Arma3 dir I get:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@tpw_mods\userconfig\tpw_mods\ [empty]

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@tpw_mods\userconfig\tpw_mods.hpp

Maybe this helps ->

It brought me this repository.yml:

--- 
:archive_format: .gz
:version: 14
:format_version: 1
:guid: 0a2f0948-228e-439c-a949-0a13239e40f0
:pack_size: 10093213
:wd_size: 10818447
:pack: 
 userconfig/tpw_mods.hpp.gz: 515bf74b0dc73de6d3cf2b7d34f865e7
:wd:
[...]
 userconfig/tpw_mods.hpp: e52b910488405f888da9e907bc28c50e

Well I assume Armarize doesn't handle userconfig folders correctly. Nothing we can do on our end.

;2630126']Well I assume Armarize doesn't handle userconfig folders correctly. Nothing we can do on our end.

Ok, I'll report to the Armarize guy.

Is the mod updated on ArmAholic as well ?

Yes, I contacted Foxhound and he's updated to my latest fixed config version.

TPW,

This is one of the best mods out there, in my view. Thanks a bunch for your hard work!

I'm making a mission where music plays at the start, but once in freefall I think your mod's freefall sound overrides my music track.

Is there any way to work around this?

Thanks,

BZ

TPW,

This is one of the best mods out there, in my view. Thanks a bunch for your hard work!

I'm making a mission where music plays at the start, but once in freefall I think your mod's freefall sound overrides my music track.

Is there any way to work around this?

Thanks,

BZ

Hi BZ, thanks for the kind words

Unfortunately the only way to get the freefall sound to actually follow the player is to use the playmusic command, which will obviously interfere with any currently playing music. Believe me I've spent a lot of frustrating hours trying to get sound fx following a moving player and they all fail for one reason or another. If I stumble over a workaround then rest assured I will implement it ASAP.