tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Hmm, interesting to know. I removed most of the problematic BIS_fnc_MP calls anyway.

But not the call for hiding the balls... :P

But not the call for hiding the balls... :P

Which scripts still give you red balls? The only script still using the sphere objects is the rainfx.

RainFX and FOG gives us red balls. When you are laying on the ground, FOG shows balls for the heat haze (or is that rainFX??)

As of 20140117 there are no more balls for the heat haze effect in FOG (I use the invisible helipad), so that leaves RAINFX. And those balls aren't for debugging, the rain splash effect itself is done using translucent grey 10cm spheres. This colour is set using setobjecttextureglobal, which should be effecting a change in MP but apparently isn't

First of all, great work on these. Bleedout in particular improves firefights significantly.

Anyways, a question: Does Bleedout make it so medkits no longer fully heal? I still get the option to treat people I just finished treating. I'm assuming it only heals partially (down to 25% damage?) and stops the bleeding. Is it basically just a infinite-use FAK then?

Great stuff, TPW. Everything seems to work very nicely :)

My simple suggestion would be an option for parked cars - % chance of cars being locked? Would add a bit more challenge to our GTA-style missions!

Has anyone done any work in getting the civ scripts to work on other maps, perhaps via AiA? If I knew what/how to look for building, vehicle and civ names I'd give it a go myself... even though I am no script wizard :)

Has anyone done any work in getting the civ scripts to work on other maps, perhaps via AiA? If I knew what/how to look for building, vehicle and civ names I'd give it a go myself... even though I am no script wizard :)

Stay tuned...

---------- Post added at 07:07 ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 ----------

First of all, great work on these. Bleedout in particular improves firefights significantly.

Anyways, a question: Does Bleedout make it so medkits no longer fully heal? I still get the option to treat people I just finished treating. I'm assuming it only heals partially (down to 25% damage?) and stops the bleeding. Is it basically just a infinite-use FAK then?

Thanks Dezztroy. Bleedout doesn't affect the operation of medkits in any way. Bsically, the script detects if an injured unit's health has increased (from using a medkit) and stops the unit from bleeding out further.

Here you go man: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4379522/TPW.rar

These work with A3MP, Sangin, Reshmaan and other, so my guess is they should also work with AiA.

The fall part of the mod is awesome, firefights are now so thrilling!! BIS must implement this on vanilla game, but without the trickery of what the script does.

The fall part of the mod is awesome, firefights are now so thrilling!! BIS must implement this on vanilla game, but without the trickery of what the script does.

Thanks CarloxTex. I'm not a big fan of seeing soldiers standing there barely flinching when hit centre mass with 7.62mm bullets. I'd love for TPW FALL behaviour to be implemented at engine level too.

Just wondering how do these scripts go in a hosted MP mission? Dont really want to go through 79 pages of posts.

I gather that these simply wont work on dedicated servers, however info on hosted servers are rather shady.

edit: Also does TPW Hint need to be initialized in a mission?

Edited by Modder

Thanks CarloxTex. I'm not a big fan of seeing soldiers standing there barely flinching when hit centre mass with 7.62mm bullets. I'd love for TPW FALL behaviour to be implemented at engine level too.

Yeah me too, and this also would be nice with a revamped wounding and body armor system. Your bleedout mod also does a bit help in this too. Keep up the good work mate, i hope BIS is looking.

TPW MODS 20140124: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140124.zip

Changes:

[ANIMALS 1.28, CIVS 1.26, HOUSELIGHTS 1.05, PARK 1.03, RADIO 1.07] Should now work for habitable Arma2 OA buildings (many thanks to Spliffz for the classnames).

Spliffz contacted me via PM to share his revision to some of the TPW MODS scripts to allow them to work on maps using OA buildings. Apparently this works for the Arma 3 Map Pack, but I have not tested it. I have no idea how it goes with All in Arma. Testing and feedback is very welcome! Thanks again to Spliffz.

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

Just wondering how do these scripts go in a hosted MP mission? Dont really want to go through 79 pages of posts.

I gather that these simply wont work on dedicated servers, however info on hosted servers are rather shady.

edit: Also does TPW Hint need to be initialized in a mission?

Hi Modder. Sorry that I can't really answer the first part of your question (since I don't play MP of any kind). My advice - try it and see!

TPW HINT does not need to be run, it's only there to let you know which TPW MODS successfully initialised.

Try to drop the FAK from your inventory and pick it up again, then heal.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Ive just tested the latest version with AiA, and I'm very happy to report that civilians and house lights work in Takistan now!:D

What a game-changer it is now with random people showing up in villages, beautiful lights in houses at night, traffic, animals, and occasional aircraft. Sure, some of these worked before, but now the map has truly come to life.

Thank you very much for this update. I do hope you can work your magic on Chernarus (A2) houses as well!

Once again, thank you kindly for your work :)

Hi TPW

first, thanks for using my contribution, much appreciated! :)

I posted them yesterday here too, after reading your pm.

Guess some moderator doesn't like me...

Anywayz, to specify:

I made tpw_civs and tpw_park compatible with the OA buildings. Makes the A3MP maps much more lively :)

Now you've got civilians running around and doing their stuff. I've tested it on Zargabad, Sangin and Reshmaan. They all worked there so I suppose they will work fine on other maps with the same buildings.

And like TPW said, they should be compatible in some way (if they worked before, they will probably now too) with AiA.

TPW MODS 20140124: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140124.zip

Changes:

[ANIMALS 1.28, CIVS 1.26, HOUSELIGHTS 1.05, PARK 1.03, RADIO 1.07] Should now work for habitable Arma2 OA buildings (many thanks to Spliffz for the classnames).

Spliffz contacted me via PM to share his revision to some of the TPW MODS scripts to allow them to work on maps using OA buildings. Apparently this works for the Arma 3 Map Pack, but I have not tested it. I have no idea how it goes with All in Arma. Testing and feedback is very welcome! Thanks again to Spliffz.

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

That's most excellent! Thank you both! I will be doing plenty of testing, unless my wife smashes the computer with an ax first ;)

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Hi TPW

first, thanks for using my contribution, much appreciated! :)

I posted them yesterday here too, after reading your pm.

Guess some moderator doesn't like me...

Anywayz, to specify:

I made tpw_civs and tpw_park compatible with the OA buildings. Makes the A3MP maps much more lively :)

Now you've got civilians running around and doing their stuff. I've tested it on Zargabad, Sangin and Reshmaan. They all worked there so I suppose they will work fine on other maps with the same buildings.

And like TPW said, they should be compatible in some way (if they worked before, they will probably now too) with AiA.

Nice job! I see what you did there, extending the house types.

@TPW I don't really understand the math that is being used in your script but I wonder if there is a minimum number of civilians that can be specified (assuming no combat and daytime)? I've been playing with Clafghan a lot lately and like others, this one has some very small villages... 10 or fewer buildings in total. These remote places are where I would expect to find at least some civilian life but I rarely see more than one (sometimes none!)

Is there a way to guarantee a few civs in a small village without over crowding a larger town? Thanks again!

EDIT: something like this, unless your scripts already do it? (pseudo code) If houses in radius <10 then min_civ=4, else min civ=0

Edited by Oktyabr

PS Perhaps a feature request for "house lighting": Light houses with civs in them, lights go out when no civs, optional? Second, while it seems for whatever reason that lights go on and off automagically anyway it might be nice to actually have them go on, stay on for a random length of time, then go back out again. This could be further modified by time of night... say after 2400 hour fewer lights are used (most people are asleep!) maybe even incrementally so just after sunset the most lights are on and then the chance becomes less the closer you get to sunrise?

PS Perhaps a feature request for "house lighting": Light houses with civs in them, lights go out when no civs, optional? Second, while it seems for whatever reason that lights go on and off automagically anyway it might be nice to actually have them go on, stay on for a random length of time, then go back out again. This could be further modified by time of night... say after 2400 hour fewer lights are used (most people are asleep!) maybe even incrementally so just after sunset the most lights are on and then the chance becomes less the closer you get to sunrise?

Love this idea! Zargabad night missions would look so awesome.

@TPW I don't really understand the math that is being used in your script but I wonder if there is a minimum number of civilians that can be specified (assuming no combat and daytime)? I've been playing with Clafghan a lot lately and like others, this one has some very small villages... 10 or fewer buildings in total. These remote places are where I would expect to find at least some civilian life but I rarely see more than one (sometimes none!)

Is there a way to guarantee a few civs in a small village without over crowding a larger town? Thanks again!

EDIT: something like this, unless your scripts already do it? (pseudo code) If houses in radius <10 then min_civ=4, else min civ=0

Hi Oktyabr.

TPW CIVS already allows you to do what you are asking, via the variables tpw_civ_density and tpw_civ_maxciv

By default these are:

tpw_civ_density = 5; // how many houses per civ. 0 = ambient civs disabled

tpw_civ_maxciv = 20; // maximum number of civs to spawn regardless of tpw_civ_density

If you lower tpw_civ_density to 1, then you will get one civ per house, so even in tiny little Clafghan towns you will still see a few civs.

tpw_civ_maxciv will ensure that there won't be too many civs in larger towns.

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

is tpw los disabled by default?

Yes. Changes to vanilla AI have rendered it largely superfluous.

Thanks TPW! I discovered that in SP anyway they work quite well, even running along side ALiVE with about 2000 cached profiles at the same time. Very nice to see civs in the villages, some sheep chewing grass in the yard, a few house lights on after dark.

Hope you give my incremental house lighting idea some thought too. :)

Now all we need is someone to port over the A2 civs so they are compatible in A3 and I can have Taki's in Clafghan!