tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Hey TPW, I first loved the idea to put all mods into one addon. But meanwhile I wish there were several modules in the addon folder. Why? Because basically I mostly always use the AI enhancement part, but only sometimes, in some missions, I want the immersive part, like civilians... This may have performance reasons sometimes. And then I wish I could simply call the needed aspects of your work via a command line.

ONE config file is a too static thing. Now we always have to fiddle with the config file. Start mission X - change tpw config file before. Start mission Y - change config file again. Having different pbo's in you addon folder would make handling more flexible!

Please consider making it modular again, I think you can see the advantages.

Edited by tortuosit

Hey TPW, I first loved the idea to put all mods into one addon. But meanwhile I wish there were several modules in the addon folder. Why? Because basically I mostly always use the AI enhancement part, but only sometimes, in some missions, I want the immersive part, like civilians... This may have performance reasons sometimes. And then I wish I could simply call the needed aspects of your work via a command line.

ONE config file is a too static thing. Now we always have to fiddle with the config file. Start mission X - change tpw config file before. Start mission Y - change config file again. Having different pbo's in you addon folder would make handling more flexible!

Please consider making it modular again, I think you can see the advantages.

You could also use the scripts for your missions instead of the pbos?

The best way would be modules. Just put down the modules you want, no hassle with config or removing of pbo's. I hope this will be integrated rather soon. Until then I keep different copies of the config file for different modsets/ missions. Makes it a little easier to switch between the wanted addons.

The best way would be modules. Just put down the modules you want, no hassle with config or removing of pbo's. I hope this will be integrated rather soon. Until then I keep different copies of the config file for different modsets/ missions. Makes it a little easier to switch between the wanted addons.

I think you are talking about modules to sync in the editor to some trigger/unit etc..similar to ALiVE implementation. I like the idea...of course as I am not doing the work. Depending on how its implemented, it could make things more complicated. More questions on what syncs to what, more time in editor instead of just jumping right in. A plus could be more granularity...e.g. TPW radio only for what's in a marker radius, etc. It would be interesting to see a poll of users interested in this change vs users who would want additional features in TPW to help the author prioritize.

You wouldn't even need to sync the modules, they would just be used to activate the scripts and maybe choose some of the config options, i.e. radio for cars only etc. That would be perfect imo. Though I have absolutly no idea how hard that would be to implement. Anyway, I can't play without TPWmods anymore. They make the game so much more "alive" and immersive. Thanks, TPW!

Hi guys

Thanks for the input. I've been slowly chipping away at various bugs rather than adding new features such as furniture, but I am definitely thinking about future improvements to the system.

Regarding modularity - sigh. When it was separate mods I got constant complaints and requests to make it monolithic :). I am interested in the idea of making editor modules though, so I will look into this.

Hi guys

Thanks for the input. I've been slowly chipping away at various bugs rather than adding new features such as furniture, but I am definitely thinking about future improvements to the system.

Regarding modularity - sigh. When it was separate mods I got constant complaints and requests to make it monolithic :). I am interested in the idea of making editor modules though, so I will look into this.

Any chance we might get an Iron Front version someday? The jets and helicopters kind of ruin the immersion. :) i know I can turn them off though.

im sorry for posting all that code but for the life of me i cannot get this to work on takistan or zargabad and thats what all my missions are currently on and quite simply this mod is going to make my mission and more than likely every other single mission i plan to create so any help at all would be greatly appreciated

im sorry for posting all that code but for the life of me i cannot get this to work on takistan or zargabad and thats what all my missions are currently on and quite simply this mod is going to make my mission and more than likely every other single mission i plan to create so any help at all would be greatly appreciated

Onedigita since you need to be running the script versions in order to modify the house class stuff, is it safe to assume that you are actually running the scripts successfully? So if you run them on Altis do the various civs and other ambient stuff appear? All the scripts work by periodically scanning a defined radius around the player for specified house classes, there is no reason for it not to work other than a) the script is not running properly or b) the classnames you've given are incorrect.

While I understand your frustration I wrote the scripts to work for Altis/Stratis, not for the various workaround mods for getting A2 content into A3. PM me and I'll see if I can help you further.

i will send pm but just quick reply, yes 100% functional on altis and i gotta say it really blew me away, and just to confirm that the vechiles, animals, and air, hot sun, pretty much every mod worked excepted the civ script

Hi guys

I thought it was pretty much this way already via the .hpp in Userconfig? Simply set the function to 0 or 1 :confused:

Froggy, it's about the ease of using different mod sets for different missions, which we usually do via a fixed mod= line. But in case of the tpw mod we additionally have to edit a hpp file. Or keep multiple hpp files and copy them.

Maybe it would already help if tpw splits up the mod into two mods. One for ambient life stuff and the other for the ai improvement.

Edited by tortuosit

We still get colored balls in dedi MP :( with latest version of Rain and Fog.

What the @#$%. I thought setobjecttextureglobal would have sorted that out. I will look into this.

speeking of rain and fog, I believe the balls are from the Heat Haze. at least when i see the debug balls there is a haze directly above the ball, and moves with the ball..

And a feature request if i may TPW. With the heat haze, i had an idea. haven't figured out or implemented it yet in my test builds, but heres the idea.

in prone: heat haze is close , and the haze "ball" that spawns the haze from its pos. are closer together.

in crouch: heat haze is further away and more spread out.

while standing: heat haze is even further away and even more spread out but still present. maybe just on roads?

but the idea is that the higher you angle is to the ground the less pronounce the effect but noticeable.

speeking of rain and fog, I believe the balls are from the Heat Haze. at least when i see the debug balls there is a haze directly above the ball, and moves with the ball..

And a feature request if i may TPW. With the heat haze, i had an idea. haven't figured out or implemented it yet in my test builds, but heres the idea.

in prone: heat haze is close , and the haze "ball" that spawns the haze from its pos. are closer together.

in crouch: heat haze is further away and more spread out.

while standing: heat haze is even further away and even more spread out but still present. maybe just on roads?

but the idea is that the higher you angle is to the ground the less pronounce the effect but noticeable.

Thanks for the input LP. I originally toyed with just such a suggestion but ended up abandoning it because the haze effect is actually pretty taxing. I might revisit it though.

Regarding these $%^&ing debug balls, I might try attaching the haze to something else, maybe the invisible helipad object.

TPW MODS 20140117: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140117.zip

Changes:

[bOATS 1.19, CARS 1.26, CIVS 1.25] Civilians do not target enemies, to save CPU (many thanks to LordPrimate)

[bOATS 1.19] Boats can have passengers

[EBS 1.19] Fixed bug where player could be stuck in a fatigued state after suppression

[ANIMALS 1.27, FOG 1.11] Debug balls removed

My first release for 2014. Nothing earth shattering, just some bug fixes and performance improvements. The pace of development won't be as rapid as last year, but I do intend to keep improving the mod and adding features.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I have this error when run TPW MODS 20140117

• Include file userconfig\TPW_MODS|TPW_MODS.hpp not found.

my mistake?:(

Acasto, there should be a userconfig folder in the release. You need to copy this to the arma 3 directory.

What the @#$%. I thought setobjecttextureglobal would have sorted that out. I will look into this.

I think there is an issue with BIS_fnc_MP. I tested adding an action with another script, and with BIS_fnc_MP the action did not appear. With CBA it works fine.

I think there is an issue with BIS_fnc_MP. I tested adding an action with another script, and with BIS_fnc_MP the action did not appear. With CBA it works fine.

Hmm, interesting to know. I removed most of the problematic BIS_fnc_MP calls anyway.

Hmm, interesting to know. I removed most of the problematic BIS_fnc_MP calls anyway.

Are people seeing this issue with stable Version or DEV only?

Acasto, there should be a userconfig folder in the release. You need to copy this to the arma 3 directory.

Very thanks! :p

---------- Post added at 14:58 ---------- Previous post was at 14:47 ----------

Very thanks! :p