tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Thanks sttosin. Unfortunately I am a bit "unengaged" at the moment whilst I sort some personal shit out, but hope to be back on board in full capacity before too long. Thanks to everyone for their patience and understanding.

I can definitly say that this is the best mod come out so far for Arma 3, simply great work! You did what BIS should have had ready for release of the game. Altis without life is so boring after this.

Since the mod is not multiplayer compatible, as everybody should know by now, i did some tests and found one combination which drops errors for players in MP (only in dev-branch, stable doesnt pop up the errors), but is working great without performance drops related to the pop up errors. Im absolutly not educated when it comes to scripts, but one thing shoud work (worked nice for us).

Everybody is loading with the TPW Addon.

Only 1 player is using Civilians on, Parking Cars on, Animals on.

The other players use only animals on, nothing else. Since every player is creating his own cars and civilians through the script, this prevents that for example cars land on each other, having exploding cars all around. The only thing which doesnt transfer for all, only the local player are the animals, because moduls are used, i guess. The Rain FX is creating red markers near the players so turn this off also.

I disabled the other features like music, radio and so on. Great other features for SP, but they seem to make problems. I hope somebody is transfering this awesome mod into a working MP addon!

Thanks again to the addonmaker!

Is anyone here running Fall (with ragdolls off) on the latest stable release? I hadn't used it in a while, but with the new armor system in place, I fired it up again. When I tested it out, the guy I shot in the leg fell forward and he shouldered his rifle as part of the animation, so he was now unarmed. Have the latest patches broke something with TPW FALL?

Edit: Here's a video of what I'm seeing.

Edited by ebarstad

Thx tpw for this nice mod.

Thx Kingofthesandbox for the infos.

Anybody know a workaround to get TPW Fall running on a dedicated server ? Cant play arma since the bodyamor update without it.

It would no problem if every client has to run this too.

Any suggestions on this ?

I can't seem to get this to work either - new armor values have really kiboshed it for me...

SJ

There is a typo on row 226 in tpw_fog.sqf

row 226: [[_ball], "tpw_animal_fnc_hideball",false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;

calls for function "tpw_animal_fnc_hideball" but the defined function is "tpw_fog_fnc_hideball"

:)

nice find pelle. I wonder if this will fix the issue with debug balls on a MP/dedi server.

Thanks guys. That's exactly the kind of stupid coding error I am really good at. I will fix it and the TPW FALL behaviour once I get back from holiday in a few days. I haven't released a version for a couple of months (divorce/settlement/unstable ex etc), so it'll be good to get back in to some coding.

PS, merry christmas to you all

nice find pelle. I wonder if this will fix the issue with debug balls on a MP/dedi server.

It does not :(

Thanks guys. That's exactly the kind of stupid coding error I am really good at. I will fix it and the TPW FALL behaviour once I get back from holiday in a few days. I haven't released a version for a couple of months (divorce/settlement/unstable ex etc), so it'll be good to get back in to some coding.

PS, merry christmas to you all

Merry Christmas TPW. Hope you find peace through it all.

Sorry to hear of your troubles mate. Take it easy

Sorry to hear that TPW, sort your life out first and don't worry about us, we can wait! :(

Yay!

TPW MODS v20131230: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20131230.zip

Changes:

[ANIMALS 1.26, FOG 1.10, RAINFX 1.03] Coloured debug balls should not appear in MP/Dedi.

---

Hi guys

OK first off, thanks so very much for the kind thoughts and understanding, it really means a hell of a lot.

I've tried and tried and cannot replicate ebarstad's observations with TPW FALL. Every time I shoot someone friendly or enemy, they fall with the appropriate animation. This happens regardless of any other mods or scripts I might have running. If anyone else has seen this behaviour then I'd really love to hear about it so I can track it down.

I might have a solution for the red balls appearing in TPW RAIN, TPW FOG and TPW ANIMALS in MP. I have switched from using setobjecttexture to using setobjecttextureglobal, which should supposedly force the balls transparent for all connected computers. As usual, I haven't been able to test it in MP so would appreciate it if someone could give it a go.

Again, my apologies for not being terribly responsive for the last couple of months. I'm "back in the saddle" now so if you have ideas, suggestions or feedback then I should be able to respond in a timely manner again.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks Gliptal. Indeed a treasure trove of great ideas and code from LP. I will look to incorporate them in the next day or two.

This mod looks great. I've watched it from afar because I saw in the description that it won't work on a dedi server for MP. However, I've seen people mention MP in the replies so I'm a bit confused. Will it work on a MP dedi server?

It does work on a dedi server. In fact it even works if the server doesnt have it but a client does !!

It does work on a dedi server. In fact it even works if the server doesnt have it but a client does !!

So it works if one player has TPW on a dedi it works?

Its client side only, no need to install this mod on the server.

question: how do i force players settings so they cant use some parts of your mod on our server?

Just to clear things up, I can only vouch for the behaviour of these mods in SP.

I don't play MP so although I can try to add code to improve the MP/Dedi I'm not in a position to test their behaviour or advise the best way to set them up for MP or dedi. I would apologise except for the fact that I never marketed them as anything other than SP :)