tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

I play with it active on my client when I am using my dedi server all the time. Not seen any problems at all with slowdowns. Even those without the addon see the cars/animals/aircraft etc ... its wonderful !

Thanks for this great mod, my buddy and I ran this client while we were on our gameserver, we had one issue which was with the radios,

somehow instead of hearing radios in the house which we did we would hear it outloud as if the mission we were playing had the song playing,

it was rather annoying so we disabled it in the userconfig and had no issues with it after, other then that mod works fine

when you join a server and run it client.

hey TPW, i did some work with your mod to add some variation.. I really think you should add it..!!

for varying heights and speed of aircraft:

In the Heli function

//Set random type of flyby
                _flytype = round(random 4);

// Flyby
switch _flytype do
	{
		case 0:
		{
			[_startpos,_endpos, 175 + (round(random 225)),"FULL",_heli,CIVILIAN] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;
		};
		case 1:
		{
			[_startpos,_endpos, 150 + (round(random 150)) ,"NORMAL",_heli,CIVILIAN] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;
		};
		case 2:
		{
			[_startpos,_endpos, 35 + (round(random 25)) ,"LIMITED",_heli,CIVILIAN] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;
		};
		case 3:
		{
			[_startpos,_endpos, 175 + (round(random 225)),"LIMITED",_heli,CIVILIAN] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;
		};
		case 4:
		{
			[_startpos,_endpos, 50 + (round(random 50)) ,"FULL",_heli,CIVILIAN] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;
		};
	};	
tpw_air_count = tpw_air_count + 1;
publicVariable "tpw_air_count";

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And in the Airplane function

//Set random type of flyby
_flytype = round(random 5);

// Flyby

switch _flytype do
	{
		case 0:
		{
			[_startpos,_endpos, 500 + (round(random 500)),"FULL",_plane,WEST] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;
		};
		case 1:
		{
			[_startpos,_endpos, 500 + (round(random 500)),"NORMAL",_plane,WEST] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;
		};
		case 2:
		{
			[_startpos,_endpos, 1000 + (round(random 500)),"LIMITED",_plane,WEST] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;
		};
		case 3:
		{
			[_startpos,_endpos, 250 + (round(random 250)),"FULL",_plane,WEST] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;
		};
		case 4:
		{
			[_startpos,_endpos, 200 + (round(random 250)),"NORMAL",_plane,WEST] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;
		};
		case 5:
		{
			[_startpos,_endpos, 100 + (round(random 75)),"FULL",_plane,WEST] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;
		};
	};	
tpw_air_count = tpw_air_count + 1;
publicVariable "tpw_air_count";

I would put them even lower - would be superb to see a fast jet on full speed at 50m !!

@kremator- i did have that intention :) i just know ai cannot fly that well. I think 50m gives them way to much credit. I figured they would be smacking any steep hill, but its worth testing the lowest "RELIABLE" flight height, for a AI flying at "Full" speed,

Thanks for the ideas LP. I'm a bit out of the A3 programming loop at present but will definitely try to jump back into Notepad++ in the next couple of weeks.

Any chance for Arma 2 version of this mod? I know here is the ambient modules, but this one got Radio, Planes, Helicopters, Houselightes etc which is exacly what I want for my Arma 2.

Will there be a Dedi MP version coming out ?

Read the OP, that should answer your question.

tl,dr: No

Read the OP, that should answer your question.

tl,dr: No

I think you need to read the OP mate.

Great mod/s certainly brought Arma's Stratis/Altis to life. Excellent work.:cool:

Thanks

I think you need to read the OP mate.

umm, he doesnt , you do, because its the VERY FIRST LINE....

"TL;DR - Single highly configurable mod for enhanced realism and immersion in Arma 3 SP"

THE LAST TWO LETTERS ARE SP... ill spell it out for you.. Single Player... :0 oooooo snap... lol just jokin around kids!!!! dont get all super cereal.

hey tpw, would you mind if i posted my modified version of tpw_mod, here for others to try?

in boats.sqf i added:

//Passenger

if (random 10 < 5) then

{

_civtype = _civlist select (floor (random (count _civlist)));

_passenger = _sqname createUnit [_civtype,tpw_boat_waterpos, [], 0, "FORM"];

_passenger setSpeaker format ["Male0%1GRE",ceil (random 4)];

_passenger setSkill 0;

_passenger disableAI "TARGET";

_passenger disableAI "AUTOTARGET";

_passenger moveInCargo _spawnboat;

removeUniform _passenger;

_passenger addUniform (_clothes select (floor (random (count _clothes))));

_passenger addEventHandler ["Hit",{_this call tpw_civ_fnc_casualty}];

_passenger addEventHandler ["Killed",{_this call tpw_civ_fnc_casualty}];

};

for passengers, and updated the vehicle deletion code to compensate for it.

in all civ spawning code (civs, boats, cars) i added:

_.... setSkill 0;

_.... disableAI "TARGET";

_.... disableAI "AUTOTARGET";

just to make sure the ai were not using any extra cpu processing then they needed.

i added this after the original civilian interaction code to make the convo look longer. (its just a second animation, that plays after the first)

sleep tpw_civ_minstoptime/3;

_anim = tpw_civ_civanims select (floor (random (count tpw_civ_civanims))); // talking anim

_civ switchMove _anim;

I had noticed an issue with park.sqf. Some houses are a bit closer to the road then others. after the car is spawned in the road it is moved into position on the side of the road ,"based on the Road's Center"... in an effort to stop "parked" cars from exploding on spawn, because they were being moved into a porch or a part of the house... I added this to _nearroads =

line 92 tpw_park.sqf

_nearRoads = ((_house nearRoads 14)-(_house nearRoads 11));

my idea is to filter out spawing cars near houses that are too close to the road. I have seen an improvement, actually since doing this i have not heard ONE SINGLE car explode in the distance... but i have only played a few times...

anywho tpw, i hope all is well and you have some time to enjoy some game-play!!!

edit:

and i changed AIR.sqf again for heli:

_flytype = round(random 8);

// Flyby

switch _flytype do

{

case 0:

{

[_startpos,_endpos, 250 + (round(random 250)),"FULL",_heli,(side player)] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;

};

case 1:

{

[_startpos,_endpos, 150 + (round(random 150)),"FULL",_heli,(side player)] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;

};

case 2:

{

[_startpos,_endpos, 25 + (round(random 25)) ,"FULL",_heli,(side player)] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;

};

case 3:

{

[_startpos,_endpos, 250 + (round(random 250)) ,"NORMAL",_heli,(side player)] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;

};

case 4:

{

[_startpos,_endpos, 150 + (round(random 150)) ,"NORMAL",_heli,(side player)] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;

};

case 5:

{

[_startpos,_endpos, 25 + (round(random 25)) ,"NORMAL",_heli,(side player)] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;

};

case 6:

{

[_startpos,_endpos, 250 + (round(random 250)) ,"LIMITED",_heli,(side player)] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;

};

case 7:

{

[_startpos,_endpos, 150 + (round(random 150)),"LIMITED",_heli,(side player)] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;

};

case 8:

{

[_startpos,_endpos, 15 + (round(random 15)),"LIMITED",_heli,(side player)] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;

};

for planes

_flytype = round(random 8);

// Flyby

switch _flytype do

{

case 0:

{

[_startpos,_endpos, 500 + (round(random 500)),"FULL",_plane,(side player)] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;

};

case 1:

{

[_startpos,_endpos, 250 + (round(random 250)),"FULL",_plane,(side player)] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;

};

case 2:

{

[_startpos,_endpos, 50 + (round(random 50)),"FULL",_plane,(side player)] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;

};

case 3:

{

[_startpos,_endpos, 500 + (round(random 500)),"NORMAL",_plane,(side player)] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;

};

case 4:

{

[_startpos,_endpos, 250 + (round(random 250)),"NORMAL",_plane,(side player)] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;

};

case 5:

{

[_startpos,_endpos, 50 + (round(random 50)),"NORMAL",_plane,(side player)] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;

};

case 6:

{

[_startpos,_endpos, 500 + (round(random 500)),"LIMITED",_plane,(side player)] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;

};

case 7:

{

[_startpos,_endpos, 250 + (round(random 250)),"LIMITED",_plane,(side player)] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;

};

case 8:

{

[_startpos,_endpos, 50 + (round(random 50)),"LIMITED",_plane,(side player)] spawn bis_fnc_ambientflyby;

};

Edited by Lordprimate

GREAT mod THXS!!

Have noticed a bug

I play online with a couple of mates, and when we enter a Heavily populated town with lots of houses the Greek music just goes NUTS lol like there are 100 radios playing altogether. We had to turn the volume off LOL.. I like the addition of such ambiance :) and I know its NOT certified for MP but for the good part all works ok. Im future releases could it be an option to pull say the Greek radio out of the mod etc please?

Update. Alt-Tabbing when outside the town stops the music. Before we ran trough a town and the music continued for ages. ALt-Tabbing stops it when you are not near the houses anymore :)

Regards

Mike

Edited by Riah069

GREAT mod THXS!!

Have noticed a bug

I play online with a couple of mates, and when we enter a Heavily populated town with lots of houses the Greek music just goes NUTS lol like there are 100 radios playing altogether. We had to turn the volume off LOL.. I like the addition of such ambiance :) and I know its NOT certified for MP but for the good part all works ok. Im future releases could it be an option to pull say the Greek radio out of the mod etc please?

Update. Alt-Tabbing when outside the town stops the music. Before we ran trough a town and the music continued for ages. ALt-Tabbing stops it when you are not near the houses anymore :)

Regards

Mike

There are Userconfig options for that in the mod already. You can turn off radio altogether or just house radio or just Vehicle radio.

Hi

Awesome Mod combination and thanks for your effort.

I have some issues though because i am new to modding and especially ARMA mods. I can't figure out how to disable a single mod like Cars for instance. Although I have read every readme that comes with the download. Sorry for bothering you with this.

EDIT: Can I open the file with any kind of editor?

Only issue I have with cars is the terrible honking sound i get. Sounds like giant ships passing by and sound their horn. Even Quads do this.

Also where can I find a tutorial to place the spawn exclusion zones? So that cars don spawn or drive around on runways?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Hi

Awesome Mod combination and thanks for your effort.

I have some issues though because i am new to modding and especially ARMA mods. I can't figure out how to disable a single mod like Cars for instance. Although I have read every readme that comes with the download. Sorry for bothering you with this.

EDIT: Can I open the file with any kind of editor?

Only issue I have with cars is the terrible honking sound i get. Sounds like giant ships passing by and sound their horn. Even Quads do this.

Also where can I find a tutorial to place the spawn exclusion zones? So that cars don spawn or drive around on runways?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

i have to say man the honking, is NOT tpw_mods. its a sound mod your running called SpeedOfSound..

If you go to your speedofsound add on folder and delete the horn.pbo and restart your game you will have your vanilla horn sound back.

Also look up how to use a userconfig folder from a mod. They all work with the same principle and yes notepad or notepad++ can be used to edit the files.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

i have to say man the honking, is NOT tpw_mods. its a sound mod your running called SpeedOfSound..

Oh really? Thanks man, i wasnt aware that this mod had these stupid sounds in it.

Also thanks for the advice with notpad++ I will definetly go and check as soon as i am at home.

There are Userconfig options for that in the mod already. You can turn off radio altogether or just house radio or just Vehicle radio.

AWESOME mate thxs for that info.. Edited now :)

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

Ok this is what is looks like now.

// RADIO

tpw_radio_active = 0; // 0 = inactive

tpw_radio_house = 0; // Radio in houses. 0 = no radio in houses

tpw_radio_car = 0; // Radio in vehicles. 0 = no radio in houses

tpw_radio_time = 60; // maximum time between messages (sec)

But when i drive into a town and walk in a house there is still music coming from the radio, and there is still radio talk in the vehicle...

Regards

OK if you are only having issues in multiplayer then you might be out if luck. TPW only guaranteed support for SP.

OK if you are only having issues in multiplayer then you might be out if luck. TPW only guaranteed support for SP.

Yeah true there mate but at the end he posted

Feedback

For the sake of my sanity, when you're reporting bugs and issues can you please tell me:

Arma3 version

Version of the specific mod

Script or addon version

Running on SP, MP or dedi

So i guess what i reported will be ok :)