tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

How can i recreate the heat haze effects? Playing around July, midday?

Lie down on a road

This is great! I have one suggestion/idea:

bird/flock of birds script - Ones that could be seen close and at distance and could hit the airplane.

It would feel like complete scenery :)

Tested,

Red balls are gone !

Congratulations :)

Infact i have to disagree. I don't know, if you tested these scripts on a dedicated server, but i have even more red balls flickering around the players.

Even around yourself, you will see these balls (rainfx), flickering much faster than before. I could also spot some single stationary ones (suppose animals).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106806270/GBB%20Files/tpw_redballs.bmp (6891 kB)

TPW MODS v20131018: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20131018.zip

Changes:

[EBS 1.17] Fix for units stuck crouched after engagement

[ANIMALS 1.23] Additional improvements to spawn code

Please test this release out before I frontpage it. I did a fair bit of work on EBS to try to prevent situations where units are stuck crouched. Unfortunately I am not able to remove playing animations to force stance changes, because the weapon lowering/raising loop is still there.

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:56 ----------

Infact i have to disagree. I don't know, if you tested these scripts on a dedicated server, but i have even more red balls flickering around the players.

Even around yourself, you will see these balls (rainfx), flickering much faster than before. I could also spot some single stationary ones (suppose animals).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106806270/GBB%20Files/tpw_redballs.bmp (6891 kB)

The reason nikoteen probably didn't test them on a dedi is that none of the scripts are by default set to work in dedi. Any functionality beyond SP and perhaps MP client is a bonus, not a core feature of these mods.

I switch to bis_fnc_mp to hide balls if multiplayer is detected. if (ismultiplayer) then...

Does a script running on a dedicated server not return true for ismultiplayer?

Try replacing ismultiplayer with isdedicated and see if that helps.

one suggestion for the animals would be not to spawn all the sounds everywhere really... I think that in city areas at distance would be great, but if you are in the city, I believe that the sounds for the dogs should be coming from the dogs. Can the sounds be spawned in on just the animals that are present as opposed to spawning the sound on another spawned invisible object. Would increase the immersion... cats - who really sees a cat at night anyhow since they are all NINJA like anyways... but dogs are noticeable and visible. Just a thought.

-Raps

Couple Qs -

1. When I'm using debug feature - I get my AI teammates show up as Blue (turning red when fired upon, though still turn red within few shots even though I have it set to 10 rounds) - But I'm getting NO readings on enemy AI units (I'm using the terrorists OpFor units that came with Mod).

2. If I disable (0) effects of of suppression on AI - Yet keep (1) for AI to seek cover when surpressed will this work? Meaning there will be no reduction of AI skills, yet they will still seek cover??

I'm using TPW FALL on a dedicated server with HC and it's working fine but there is a terrible problem with sound volume when falling, even from a little rock, the fall sound is played reeeeeAAAAalllly loud !

In case we use a Parachuting insertion, all players have to take off their headphones to avoid hearing loss ;)

Any idea how to solve it ?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/isDedicated

I could try that. But your scripts are definitely working on a dedicated, only issue are these red balls. So you are only switching to bis_fnc_mp when multiplayer is detected?

Give me some time, i'll give feedback here.

EDIT:

I did some tests and it seems your "ismultiplayer" check is working.

I have just deleted the whole "_rdrop setObjectTexture [0,"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.2,0.2,0.2,0.2,ca)"];" section and just used "[[_rdrop], "tpw_rain_fnc_colourball",false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;" and i get the same visual effect (red balls fast flickering near players, even around the yourself) as with your last version.

Then i deleted ""[[_rdrop], "tpw_rain_fnc_colourball",false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;"" and just used the ""_rdrop setObjectTexture [0,"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.2,0.2,0.2,0.2,ca)"];", thats when i get the same effects i had for the last 5 versions (red balls appearing a bit slower around other players, but not around yourself).

So i suppose it must be something with this line "[[_rdrop], "tpw_rain_fnc_colourball",false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;".

It is definitely in use, but not doing what it is supposed to do.

Edited by Predator.v2

TPW MODS v20131018: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20131018.zip

Changes:

[EBS 1.17] Fix for units stuck crouched after engagement

[ANIMALS 1.23] Additional improvements to spawn code

Please test this release out before I frontpage it. I did a fair bit of work on EBS to try to prevent situations where units are stuck crouched. Unfortunately I am not able to remove playing animations to force stance changes, because the weapon lowering/raising loop is still there.

Hey tpw,

I just ran my test mission using the newest version of TPW MODS and the stable branch of the game. I'm also using ASR AI (and I'll test again without to confirm), but I still had a unit stuck in crouch. After the fight, I saw that a unit remained crouched and stationary while the rest of his team went to their waypoint.

EDIT: After removing ASR AI, I didn't see the crouching bug again in my tests, but I only did about five or six runs of the scenario.

Edited by ebarstad

ASR AI currently , makes a lot of problems , especially if combined with TPW MODS. Many missions wont trigger correctly, and there are other AI glitches happening. The developer of ASR AI and TPW Mods should work together !

hey if you guys are having problems with ASR_AI3. Please MAKE SURE that you are posting those problems, with rpt, or any other errors you get in Robalo's ASR_AI thread in the ARMA 2 section... I dont think Robalo is searching other threads looking for problems with his mod.

Report ASR_AI3 problems here: Robalo's ASR_AI

Post your game version (dev /stable)

Post a list of the mods used at the time of the error

post the EXACT error from the rpt file.

you also could post up a link to the mission the problem is happening in.

On stable branch and with the latest TPW MODS, I'm seeing the following in my RPT logs:

Error in expression <t tpw_animal_excarray - 1) do 
{
_exc = _tpw_animal_excarray select _i;
if (_exc>
 Error position: <_tpw_animal_excarray select _i;
if (_exc>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _tpw_animal_excarray
File TPW_MODS\tpw_animals.sqf, line 148

TPW MODS v20131019: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20131019.zip

Changes:

[ANIMALS 1.24] Fixed bug in exclusion code. Fixed dog/cat calling non existent sound.

[CARS 1.23, CIVS 1.24, BOATS 1.17] Fixed waypoint handling.

[EBS 1.18] Debugging should work in MP.

Continuing to chip away at bugs and slowly implement MP compatibility. In light of the increasing number of posts recently, I'll just take this opportunity to reiterate that these mods are only guaranteed to work as advertised in SP and possibly MP client. Any functionality on a dedicated server is a lucky bonus, not a core feature.

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

Couple Qs -

1. When I'm using debug feature - I get my AI teammates show up as Blue (turning red when fired upon, though still turn red within few shots even though I have it set to 10 rounds) - But I'm getting NO readings on enemy AI units (I'm using the terrorists OpFor units that came with Mod).

2. If I disable (0) effects of of suppression on AI - Yet keep (1) for AI to seek cover when surpressed will this work? Meaning there will be no reduction of AI skills, yet they will still seek cover??

1 - Are you in SP? I've just changed the debugging to work under MP (maybe dedi but I don't know). It's definitely working as advertised in SP. For bug reports it will help me and prevent me having to ask the same question over and over if you can tell me under what conditions you're running.

2 - No, AI seeking cover is part of being suppressed.

I'm using TPW FALL on a dedicated server with HC and it's working fine but there is a terrible problem with sound volume when falling, even from a little rock, the fall sound is played reeeeeAAAAalllly loud !

In case we use a Parachuting insertion, all players have to take off their headphones to avoid hearing loss ;)

Any idea how to solve it ?

There's probably all manner of unexpected behaviours running these mods on a dedi, congratulations you've found another one! I'll add it my my list, but can't guarantee anything.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/isDedicated

I could try that. But your scripts are definitely working on a dedicated, only issue are these red balls. So you are only switching to bis_fnc_mp when multiplayer is detected?

Give me some time, i'll give feedback here.

EDIT:

I did some tests and it seems your "ismultiplayer" check is working.

I have just deleted the whole "_rdrop setObjectTexture [0,"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.2,0.2,0.2,0.2,ca)"];" section and just used "[[_rdrop], "tpw_rain_fnc_colourball",false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;" and i get the same visual effect (red balls fast flickering near players, even around the yourself) as with your last version.

Then i deleted ""[[_rdrop], "tpw_rain_fnc_colourball",false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;"" and just used the ""_rdrop setObjectTexture [0,"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.2,0.2,0.2,0.2,ca)"];", thats when i get the same effects i had for the last 5 versions (red balls appearing a bit slower around other players, but not around yourself).

So i suppose it must be something with this line "[[_rdrop], "tpw_rain_fnc_colourball",false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;".

It is definitely in use, but not doing what it is supposed to do.

There might actually be issues with setobjecttexture, according to the tracker

hey if you guys are having problems with ASR_AI3. Please MAKE SURE that you are posting those problems, with rpt, or any other errors you get in Robalo's ASR_AI thread in the ARMA 2 section... I dont think Robalo is searching other threads looking for problems with his mod.

Report ASR_AI3 problems here: Robalo's ASR_AI

Post your game version (dev /stable)

Post a list of the mods used at the time of the error

post the EXACT error from the rpt file.

you also could post up a link to the mission the problem is happening in.

Thanks for saving me the trouble of saying this LP.

On stable branch and with the latest TPW MODS, I'm seeing the following in my RPT logs:

Error in expression <t tpw_animal_excarray - 1) do 
{
_exc = _tpw_animal_excarray select _i;
if (_exc>
 Error position: <_tpw_animal_excarray select _i;
if (_exc>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _tpw_animal_excarray
File TPW_MODS\tpw_animals.sqf, line 148

Thanks mate, this is sorted with today's release.

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:05 ----------

one suggestion for the animals would be not to spawn all the sounds everywhere really... I think that in city areas at distance would be great, but if you are in the city, I believe that the sounds for the dogs should be coming from the dogs. Can the sounds be spawned in on just the animals that are present as opposed to spawning the sound on another spawned invisible object. Would increase the immersion... cats - who really sees a cat at night anyhow since they are all NINJA like anyways... but dogs are noticeable and visible. Just a thought.

-Raps

Many Greek islands have pretty severe wild/stray dog and cat problems apparently. The locals sometimes even poison them with weedkiller in milk once the tourist season is over. It stands to reason that in a disrupted future with even less control, there'd probably be more of them. So IMHO dog barking and cat yowling (at night) is pretty much a given.

My dog noises are meant to emulate distant dogs that you can't see. Same for the cats. You'll only hear these noises when near towns. I did actually try at one point to have the spawned dogs bark, using the same sort of code as the bleating goats, but it looked shit because I couldn't sync the barking noise with the barking animation.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@TBW - Thanks for all your work!, I'm playtesting in SP, (within the editor, preview mission). I have tweaked the distance to 300m (from 500 default). Though, that shouldn't matter as engagements are within 300 (though, does it have any impact if the enemy starting location is greater than 300/500 m??).

At work now, but will playtest more when home later. I do have my BlueFor AI units show up blue next to me at mission start and change colors. But enemy AI are not. I will DL the new just released and look at it later. Thanks!

Also, think it would be a neat option perhaps (to me). To not have an AI reduction in skills, yet still implement your seek cover (once bullets start coming to close).

Greetings tpw, is there any way to configure foggy breath to be less reliant on temperature and dewpoints

I really just love the effect it gives, but find it frustrating it requires certain criteria to be enabled.

Peace out.

Hiya, just popping in to say thanks for implementing those random amount of cars, I knew you'd come through. Any chance to split it into day and night time specific amounts?

Greetings tpw, is there any way to configure foggy breath to be less reliant on temperature and dewpoints

I really just love the effect it gives, but find it frustrating it requires certain criteria to be enabled.

Peace out.

You can enable fog at any time via the debug console: tpw_fog_maxtemp = 0;

Hiya, just popping in to say thanks for implementing those random amount of cars, I knew you'd come through. Any chance to split it into day and night time specific amounts?

Leave it with me.

Using stable branch and TPW MODS v20131019 (with no other AI mods), I ran into the bug where one of my units stayed crouched and unresponsive after being engaged by the enemy. I was able to use WW AI Menu's "Unstuck" command to get the unit to respond to orders again after the fire fight was over.

I'm using all but Fog, Rain, LOS. EBS AI and Player Suppression are on.

EDIT: This is the only error I found in my RPT file:

Cannot load sound 'tpw_sounds\sounds\goat0.ogg'

Edited by ebarstad

Using stable branch and TPW MODS v20131019 (with no other AI mods), I ran into the bug where one of my units stayed crouched and unresponsive after being engaged by the enemy. I was able to use WW AI Menu's "Unstuck" command to get the unit to respond to orders again after the fire fight was over.

I'm using all but Fog, Rain, LOS. EBS AI and Player Suppression are on.

EDIT: This is the only error I found in my RPT file:

Cannot load sound 'tpw_sounds\sounds\goat0.ogg'

Thanks E. I thought I'd sorted the crouch bug, obviously not!

I fixed the 0.ogg bug for dogs and cats, forgot about the goats...

Silly question, but do you have plans to add birds to your animal script. While not add barmy as dogs they could be interesting.... Aka by diing things like flying up when startled.

thx for ur mod and ur fast fixes ! we love it !

but i have one suggestion .. can u add ied´s to the parked cars ? maybe with an small percentage

this would be really awsome for our insurgency where we have to patrol through streets

what do u think about it ?

;2539152']thx for ur mod and ur fast fixes ! we love it !

but i have one suggestion .. can u add ied´s to the parked cars ? maybe with an small percentage

this would be really awsome for our insurgency where we have to patrol through streets

what do u think about it ?

thats more mission specific... if i may oppose this.... I certainly dont want random IED's in cars.. unless i specify that in my mission....