tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Did you only get these errors with that mission? The errors would indicate that there is no-one in the array of suppressible units.

Only that mission so far. Will report back if it happens again with the latest version.

TPW MODS v20131017: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20131017.zip

Changes:

[ANIMALS 1.22,FOG 1.09, RAINFX 1.02, LOS 1.08] Fixed bug with MP ball handling (hopefully)

I think I have sorted out the problem with the balls appearing in MP - I had the ball hiding function at the wrong bloody point in the script. Please test this one out before I front page it.

---------- Post added at 07:40 ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 ----------

Only that mission so far. Will report back if it happens again with the latest version.

I wonder whether the author has included TPW EBS and it's interfering?

Forgive me asking stupid question, I am new to this mod. When I leave the tpw_ebs_playersup = 1, it seems the A.I. have no suppression effect. But when I change it to 0 I notice my squad acting weird (they breaking formation and change state from regroup to ready). As I understand, 1 is enable but why it happen opposite way in my game? By the way, tpw_ebs_aisup is always 1 in both case.

TPW MODS v20131017: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20131017.zip

Changes:

[ANIMALS 1.22,FOG 1.09, RAINFX 1.02, LOS 1.08] Fixed bug with MP ball handling (hopefully)

I think I have sorted out the problem with the balls appearing in MP - I had the ball hiding function at the wrong bloody point in the script. Please test this one out before I front page it.

I tried this version, I still have the error message I related in SP/Editor.

I tried this version, I still have the error message I related in SP/Editor.

Aaargghhh, I looked at the code and I'm missing a !. MP is using the SP code and vice versa. Will fix in a few hours (once home from work).

Sorry to say, but still red balls. With RainFX around other players, random single ones with animals and (i had difficulties producing "heat hazes") even with Fog. When you use both TPW Fog and BTC Revive, the wounded player on the ground will have a quarter circle of red balls (around 8 balls) around him for other players.

Sorry to say, but still red balls. With RainFX around other players, random single ones with animals and (i had difficulties producing "heat hazes") even with Fog. When you use both TPW Fog and BTC Revive, the wounded player on the ground will have a quarter circle of red balls (around 8 balls) around him for other players.

Yep, I'm 100% sure of why that's happening, just a stupid code mixup (running MP code when SP detected and vice versa). Will be fixed shortly.

The rain options that this mod offers just increases the immersion along with the new Rain in the Dev build. Thank you!

Thanks mate. Sometimes little things like a few raindrops really helps. If I could work out how to get raindrop effects on windscreens then I'd do that too.

Well the Devs have said that they are working on wet textures for objects and such, maybe we will see more added in soon. So far they have fixed quite a few problems, and made the rain look better in the process.

Well the Devs have said that they are working on wet textures for objects and such, maybe we will see more added in soon. So far they have fixed quite a few problems, and made the rain look better in the process.

Absolutely. It's amazing how far the game has come since alpha.

I see you TPW logo! Its about time.

---------- Post added at 01:32 ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 ----------

TPW, I did notice that if you fly a fighter jet like the F/A-18 Super Hornet for ARMA 3 by John_Spartan and Saul at fast speeds I never see any vehicle spawning. Is this a limitation on my PC or is the player moving so fast that the script is not keeping up with its position?

Edited by sttosin

I see you TPW logo! Its about time.

---------- Post added at 01:32 ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 ----------

TPW, I did notice that if you fly a fighter jet like the F/A-18 Super Hornet for ARMA 3 by John_Spartan and Saul at fast speeds I never see any vehicle spawning. Is this a limitation on my PC or is the player moving so fast that the script is not keeping up with its position?

The logo was a very kind gift from Baconator. I've put it in for testing but I'm not 100% sure it works properly yet.

At high speed you'll probably never see any spawning of anything, you'll just constantly move outside the animal/car/civ radius and reset the counter to 0 for them all before any spawning can happen. Anyway, why aren't you looking at your instruments in your F18! :)

Anyway, why aren't you looking at your instruments in your F18! :)
Haha...A living Altis is just too much of a distraction.

Do you think the mod would affect my ai squad? I am running into the issue where my squad would get stuck in the crouched position when making contact and calling for a regroup or formation change or awareness mode does not help. Seems only saving and loading mission will help, but only after several attempts, but the enemy is able to pick us off.

Some how after updated about Park

The game get freezing in dedicated server (ofcouser i made dedicate server by my self By using tool TADST)

I'm sad :(

Do you think the mod would affect my ai squad? I am running into the issue where my squad would get stuck in the crouched position when making contact and calling for a regroup or formation change or awareness mode does not help. Seems only saving and loading mission will help, but only after several attempts, but the enemy is able to pick us off.

I've just recently had this issue as well start to show up -

hey tpw i gots a few ideas,

Also about flying, let me know if you thought of this already. completely disable civ spawning over certain speeds... IE flying, Racing, etc.. And then only spawn certain units based on speed.. IE if your in a jet going over say, 400mph there is no need to spawn civs or cars or boats, bit if your going slow and have time to look around and enjoy the ground below (under 400mph) then cars and boats would spawn.. but NO civs if your above a certain height like 200 meters.. which would also be dependent on playable units speed...

I think that ambient Airplanes and helis should be ok with any speed.. I was just thinking that completely disabling the script for Civs, cars and boats, if near playable units are moving to fast.??

Also i still see heli , and planes spawn in fairly close.. I see in the code you have it set to 2000 plus random 5000 , any way to make it 5000 plus random 2000 instead to guarantee spawning out of site..

I think yesterday was the first game i played where i was able to see the head haze .. WOW i was impressed!!!

Edited by Lordprimate

I see in the code you have it set to 2000 plus random 5000 , any way to make it 5000 plus random 2000 instead to guarantee spawning out of site..

Just swap the numbers around yourself.

Not sure if related to lastest update - but since update I've had instances where I have walked right up to enemies in CQC and they will not fire on me. I can shoot them and they will not fire?? I then disabled TPW and WWAImenu - Playtested and this did not happen again. Away from my gaming computer now. But plan to retest with latest TPW back enabled and see - Wondering if others have had this happen since last update

Tested,

Red balls are gone !

Congratulations :)

Yay, one stupic bug down, 326543265 to go.

I think I might be able to move forward with this issue. When I was first writing EBS there were terrible issues with setunitpos "MIDDLE" - basically if a unit was set to crouch with this command it went into and endless cycle of raising and lowering its weapon. The only way around it was to actually force the crouch by playing a crouch animation. The script is supposed to play an uncrouch animation when appropriate, but under certain circumstances it appears not to. It seems that later A3 releases might have fixed the weapon rasie/lower cycle bug, so I might be able to dispense with the forced animations. As a bonus this will make the script even lighter.

hey tpw i gots a few ideas,

Also about flying, let me know if you thought of this already. completely disable civ spawning over certain speeds... IE flying, Racing, etc.. And then only spawn certain units based on speed.. IE if your in a jet going over say, 400mph there is no need to spawn civs or cars or boats, bit if your going slow and have time to look around and enjoy the ground below (under 400mph) then cars and boats would spawn.. but NO civs if your above a certain height like 200 meters.. which would also be dependent on playable units speed...

I think that ambient Airplanes and helis should be ok with any speed.. I was just thinking that completely disabling the script for Civs, cars and boats, if near playable units are moving to fast.??

Also i still see heli , and planes spawn in fairly close.. I see in the code you have it set to 2000 plus random 5000 , any way to make it 5000 plus random 2000 instead to guarantee spawning out of site..

I think yesterday was the first game i played where i was able to see the head haze .. WOW i was impressed!!!

Glad you like the haze. The rest of your ideas are good food for thought, leave it with me.