tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Look most discussions on ai is about them seeing and accuracy and cover ... People want a good ai I want a good ai but you know we all cant have what we want, but I can express my opinion on what I would like to see,and as other people on this forum have. Yes Tpw has done a great job and like what he has done. Truthfully people would like to see Ai act more human and what tpw has is close but cover could be better and using houses would be great...If I knew how to script or code I would try to fix stuff but unfortunately Im not that talented.

The problem is that you did not express what you wanted to see, you expressed what you thought tpw was wasting his time on. So, let's not kid ourselves and pretend like you were merely expressing your opinion, or that all opinions are valid. Modders are not here to make do what you or anyone else wants. They are here to be creative and to do things they are interested in. If you want to get involved in their projects by making suggestions, the least anyone can ask is that you show some manners.

Look here people I'm a graphic arts and being so I see things that you people dont probably the customer is always changing things I need it this way or that way and so on so dont give crap about what I express cause you have never seen people bitch about stuff then people that want there art done there way....I apologize that didnt know this wasnt a Ai tweak mod I thought it was. So my bad on that I just returned from not playing amra series for about a year and just found out my pc can play this series of A3.

A few things:

• You are not involved in a professional relationship with the modder.
  • There are no mod customers here.
  • If you're so used to being treated like dirt by your dysfunctional customers, it would stand to reason that you'd be more inclined to treat people with respect in your spare time, not less.

So let's pretend for a minute that everyone here is a human being. If you have a suggestion to make, trying phrasing it as if the modder doesn't owe you a god damn thing.

Well I apologize for my comment....ok hope that is good for you....It takes a real man to admit there mistakes so can we just get along here...I want to see good ai just as bad as the next person.

Mr. t,

Latest DEV build

10/14/2013 Addon Version - EBS turned OFF/civDeath set to '2'(end mission)

SP editor/preview

Plus:

FSF Launcher

addons - CBA/Shacktak HUD/deadfast 3rd person

I just had time to fire up the game, and see an undefined variable error pop up, before my wife kicked me off of my gaming computer (she needed it for other stuff). It looked a bit different than last time, but there was an error that popped up. I wouldn't swear to it, but I Think it said line 340? Sorry, I just didn't have time to write it down.

Anyway, I apologize for being so sloppy and vague, but I'm not sure if'n I'm a'gonna be able to get back to it tonight or not, and wanted to let you know something was there. Just in case you'd like to know before you cranked out another round.

Peace.

my wife kicked me off of my gaming computer

I feel you bro. lol

Mr. t,

I pity the fool...

See if you can reproduce the error when you regain custody of your computer!

TPW MODS v20131015: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20131015.zip

Changes:

[ANIMALS 1.20, FOG 1.08, RAINFX 1.01] Red balls no longer visible in MP

[CIVS 1.22] Civilians run in the rain.

[LOS 1.07] Better debug ball display in MP

Just a minor update to fix the MP handling to ensure invisibility of balls which are used in various capacities in various scripts. Plus, civilians now start running when it rains, and will no longer stroll around unconcerned when it's pissing down.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for all your work on this mod TPW - I noticed in the changelog there was an update to handle MP debugging - does this mod now work in MP hosted/dedicated?

'ello again,

today's DEV build of A3

today's Addon Version of you w/ tpw_ebs_active = 0; tpw_civ_casdisplay = 2;

SP editor/preview

Plus:

FSF Launcher

scripts - shk_intercept

'... [];

if (!(isnil "tpw_ebs_active") && |#|tpw_ebs_active) then
{
for "_i" from 0 ...'
Error Undefined variable in expression: tpw_ebs_active
File TPW_MODS\tpw_cars.sqf, line 340

Rainbows 'n unicorns! :239:

Thanks for all your work on this mod TPW - I noticed in the changelog there was an update to handle MP debugging - does this mod now work in MP hosted/dedicated?

Don't think so :(

Hi :)

I just saw red balls on SP editor - simple engagement, stable build :(

Hey tpw,

Firstly, I wanted to extend a big "cheers" to you for your tireless work on this mod.

I also had a couple of suggestions that might work in the context of this mod and possibly help out.

1) - I notice you attach the sounds for animals to a retextured helper ball, so it plays the sounds for the animals.

_ball = "sign_sphere10cm_F" createvehicle [0,0,0];
_ball setObjectTexture [0,"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,ca)"];

You could try the following for a different approach:

I think initially it was Opticalsnare (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that worked out that you can spawn in a particleSource and play sounds from that. Something like this (a script I had in an unreleased mod for A2):

private ["_sound","_pos_array","_sound_source"];

_sound = _this select 0;
_pos_array = _this select 1;
_sound_source = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal _pos_array;
_sound_source say3D _sound;

sleep 14;

deleteVehicle _sound_source;

I'm not sure if it will still work in A3, but I haven't seen any posts in these forums to the contrary. It would have the benefit in an MP environment of not showing the original ball orange texture to all of the other clients (I think - untested so far).

2) - I was looking at the code you use to spawn animals in and it might be beneficial to check out selectBestPlaces. This way, you can set natural places for the animal to spawn according to what they are.

Some really good documentation is here (courtesy of ruebe: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?93897-selectBestPlaces-(do-it-yourself-documentation)

Beware - if you try to be too precise, it can lock up Arma for several seconds while it does it's calculations, but if you go for a reduced precision and low enough radius, then you can get very natural results at low-cost. For example, this might be good for sheep (not near houses, forest, trees and the sea - They like meadows though):

_pos = getPosATL player;
_rad = 300;
_exp = "(1 + meadow) * (1 - houses) * (1 - forest) * (1 - trees) * (1 - sea)";
_prec = 50;
_ret = 1;

_candidate = selectBestPlaces [_pos, _rad, _exp, _prec, _ret];

Hope that gives you some food for thought man :)

Still red balls on dedicated servers. :-/

Both multiple balls around other players when using rainfx and single red balls probably for animals.

Quick report with the latest Dev Build 111171, with WW_AIMENU, WW_AICover, ASR_AI as well as all other TPW mods (20131015), bar TPW_LOS active. When playing the 'Defend Camp Kujo' mission off the steam workshop I was constantly being spammed with 'Zero divisor' errors from line 239 in TPW_ebs.sqf.

No. You can edit the scripts to allow dedi, but by default the mod will disable itself on a dedicated server.

'ello again,

today's DEV build of A3

today's Addon Version of you w/ tpw_ebs_active = 0; tpw_civ_casdisplay = 2;

SP editor/preview

Plus:

FSF Launcher

scripts - shk_intercept

'... [];

if (!(isnil "tpw_ebs_active") && |#|tpw_ebs_active) then
{
for "_i" from 0 ...'
Error Undefined variable in expression: tpw_ebs_active
File TPW_MODS\tpw_cars.sqf, line 340

Rainbows 'n unicorns! :239:

Thanks for that. I can see the stupid code error that's causing it, will fix ASAP

Hi :)

I just saw red balls on SP editor - simple engagement, stable build :(

Around the player, or just sporadically in the distance? That will tell me which mod is playing up.

Hey tpw,

Firstly, I wanted to extend a big "cheers" to you for your tireless work on this mod.

I also had a couple of suggestions that might work in the context of this mod and possibly help out.

1) - I notice you attach the sounds for animals to a retextured helper ball, so it plays the sounds for the animals.

_ball = "sign_sphere10cm_F" createvehicle [0,0,0];
_ball setObjectTexture [0,"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,ca)"];

You could try the following for a different approach:

I think initially it was Opticalsnare (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that worked out that you can spawn in a particleSource and play sounds from that. Something like this (a script I had in an unreleased mod for A2):

private ["_sound","_pos_array","_sound_source"];

_sound = _this select 0;
_pos_array = _this select 1;
_sound_source = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal _pos_array;
_sound_source say3D _sound;

sleep 14;

deleteVehicle _sound_source;

I'm not sure if it will still work in A3, but I haven't seen any posts in these forums to the contrary. It would have the benefit in an MP environment of not showing the original ball orange texture to all of the other clients (I think - untested so far).

2) - I was looking at the code you use to spawn animals in and it might be beneficial to check out selectBestPlaces. This way, you can set natural places for the animal to spawn according to what they are.

Some really good documentation is here (courtesy of ruebe: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?93897-selectBestPlaces-(do-it-yourself-documentation)

Beware - if you try to be too precise, it can lock up Arma for several seconds while it does it's calculations, but if you go for a reduced precision and low enough radius, then you can get very natural results at low-cost. For example, this might be good for sheep (not near houses, forest, trees and the sea - They like meadows though):

_pos = getPosATL player;
_rad = 300;
_exp = "(1 + meadow) * (1 - houses) * (1 - forest) * (1 - trees) * (1 - sea)";
_prec = 50;
_ret = 1;

_candidate = selectBestPlaces [_pos, _rad, _exp, _prec, _ret];

Hope that gives you some food for thought man :)

This is great mate, thanks very much. I will look into both of your points

Still red balls on dedicated servers. :-/

Both multiple balls around other players when using rainfx and single red balls probably for animals.

That's strange. I'm setting balls to invisible using a bis_fnc_mp call if multiplayer is detected.

Quick report with the latest Dev Build 111171, with WW_AIMENU, WW_AICover, ASR_AI as well as all other TPW mods (20131015), bar TPW_LOS active. When playing the 'Defend Camp Kujo' mission off the steam workshop I was constantly being spammed with 'Zero divisor' errors from line 239 in TPW_ebs.sqf.

Did you only get these errors with that mission? The errors would indicate that there is no-one in the array of suppressible units.

tpw,

I have

tpw_civ_casdisplay = 2;

tpw_civ_density = 1;

..., but it doesn't seem to be ending the mission for me (first time I've gotten 'round to test this in last several builds).

Same details as previous, but with more tpw mods turned off.

today's dev build

today's tpw build

sp editor/preview

bleedout off

fog off

ebs off

rain off

default number of maxcivdeaths (4), and I've killed a bunch more than that. I'm using regular old bullets. Hell, I even shot an innocent chicken just to try to tip the scales. I feel bad, but hey, in the name of progress, he had to go.

Edit: btw - I even have

class CfgDebriefing
{  
class End7
{
	title = "MISSION FAILED";
	subtitle = "";
	description = "You killed too many civilians.";
	pictureBackground = "";
	picture = "b_inf";
	pictureColor[] = {0.0,0.3,0.6,1};
};
};

in my desc.ext, just to be sure. Even though I didn't think that was actually req'd. But just fyi, it's there. But still no go.

tpw,

I have

tpw_civ_casdisplay = 2;

tpw_civ_density = 1;

..., but it doesn't seem to be ending the mission for me (first time I've gotten 'round to test this in last several builds).

Same details as previous, but with more tpw mods turned off.

today's dev build

today's tpw build

sp editor/preview

bleedout off

fog off

ebs off

rain off

default number of maxcivdeaths (4), and I've killed a bunch more than that. I'm using regular old bullets. Hell, I even shot an innocent chicken just to try to tip the scales. I feel bad, but hey, in the name of progress, he had to go.

Edit: btw - I even have

class CfgDebriefing
{  
class End7
{
	title = "MISSION FAILED";
	subtitle = "";
	description = "You killed too many civilians.";
	pictureBackground = "";
	picture = "b_inf";
	pictureColor[] = {0.0,0.3,0.6,1};
};
};

in my desc.ext, just to be sure. Even though I didn't think that was actually req'd. But just fyi, it's there. But still no go.

Thanks R, I have fixed it by calling the mission fail thusly: [nil,false,nil] call BIS_fnc_endMission;. Nothing fancy, but hey at least it works now.

TPW MODS v20131016: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20131016.zip

Changes:

[CARS 1.22] Fixed EBS integration bug.

[CIVS 1.23] Mission failure fix when too many civ casualties.

[ANIMALS 1.21] Overhauled spawning code - lighter and more intelligent animal placement.

Apart from bug fixes (thanks R.Flagg) the main change is a total overhaul of the animal spawning code to use selectbestplaces. Many thanks to Das Attorney for the heads up on this. Not only is the whole thing much lighter, but the animal placement should be a bit more intelligent: you should see more dogs and fewer farm animals around towns and buildings, fewer dogs and more farm animals out in the countryside. This code is pretty brand new and selectbestplaces is a little arcane, so if you see any bugs related to this I'm all ears.

tpw,

How does the new rain tech as of yesterday's dev build affect the rain section of your mod? I was wondering if I should bump up my graphics details and turn on some rain in order to compare them, to see if it's working, and so on. Figured I would ask you first what I should be looking for as far as "is it working or not" before I started checking it out.

tpw,

How does the new rain tech as of yesterday's dev build affect the rain section of your mod? I was wondering if I should bump up my graphics details and turn on some rain in order to compare them, to see if it's working, and so on. Figured I would ask you first what I should be looking for as far as "is it working or not" before I started checking it out.

It all seems to work fine. My raindrop fx still appear on the ground as expected. Overall the new rain is great, with a bit more tweaking it'll be fantastic.

Have been testing a bit with MP. Mostly works great. I was going to mention the red

balls thing, but I see you addressed that. Haven't played since update. Loving it.

Had to drop it for a while as the FPS was awful, but I think that was something else

on my end like a perpetual trigger issue. As of last Friday the FPS in MP was good.

My only issue is the cat! Is there somewhere I can delete/mute this? You never

ever hear cats. Good idea and I love the dogs barking. But never hear cats in RL.

Also might want to consider a probability chance instead of guaranteed X. Like IF

you have civ boats set to 2. It seems like there is then always 2 right on queue.

Would be awesome if the probability of max civ boats be a low percent chance.

Mostly no civ boats, sometimes just 1, occasionally the max of set 2. Just a thought.

This maybe already the case and I just didn't notice since I just started to use.

This was just an example. Not picking on just the boats thing. ;)

Amazing mod! Checking this thread daily now. Wow. Good stuff!!! Can keep you

posted about MP as I can test easy (see sig). Thanks.

just fyi sir,

So far, with basically same details as yesterday (today's dev build of A3, today's build of your mods), I'm still not seeing an endmission when i have civcasdisplay set to 2. Just to test further, I set it to 1, and I'm also not seeing a pop-up hint message.

At the moment, I'm trying to ponder what i might have set differently than yourself as to why this might be. I've tried it in a pre-built test mission of sorts, I've tried it by simply opening new mission, placing my player and nothing else and just jumping in.

I checked to make sure, and my file does say 20131016 on it. I am NOT seeing the same undefined error message I reported yesterday, so that shows some change (my point being I think I have the right build of your mod).

Still wondering if it's something on my end, but if so not sure yet what it is.

Just fyi.