tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Sir,

Latest DEV build

10/10/2013 Addon Version - with EBS turned OFF in configs

SP editor/preview

Plus:

FSF Launcher

addons - CBA/Shacktak HUD/deadfast 3rd person

scripts - shk_intercept

'..._car"];
tpw_car_removearray [];

if (|#|tpw_ebs_active) then
{
{
if (_x getvari...'
Error Undefined variable in expression: tpw_ebs_active
File TPW_MODS\tpw_cars.sqf,line 334

Thank you for the ongoing improvements!

Thanks very much R, I'll be straight onto that one.

TPW,

I got the following repeatedly while driving on Altis over a long stretch.

10/10/2013 Addon Version

Branch: Development

Version: 1.03.111011

Code

Error in expression <_civ_houses)));

((leader _grp) distance _house < 150);

};

_wp = getposasl _hous>

Error position: <_house < 150);

};

_wp = getposasl _hous>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _house

File TPW_MODS\tpw_civs.sqf, line 183

Such a superb set of mods - thank you so much for creating.

Please can someone tell me, if their experience, how does this set of mods interact with user-made (SP) scenarios? Do you guys leave this on nearly all the time?

Such a superb set of mods - thank you so much for creating.

Please can someone tell me, if their experience, how does this set of mods interact with user-made (SP) scenarios? Do you guys leave this on nearly all the time?

Leave 'em on? Heck, I count on 'em! LOL. These mods lend life, immersion, and realism to every mission I play, user made or self-made. Navigating through bustling streets at dusk, crawling through the bush while dogs bark in the distance, headlights spilling across a darkened road or choppers overhead while working your way toward an objective; it's just awesome! I could NEVER go back to vanilla!

Is there a way to disable the addons' functionality in a mission if the addons would otherwise damage the mission's concept?

Some feedback:

- LOS is it possible to turn the fast turning on/off? Or slow it a bit down via the userconfig?

- Car/Air: Could you implement some wreck garbage collector? Or make the spawned helos/cars invulnerable? Especially on insurgency a lot of helos get shot down or crash (can't say for sure, but there were a lot of wrecks lying around after a while).

- In MP mode, nearby players will "share" civs/cars/animals rather than spawning their own individual set.

Does "AIR" have the same "sharing" feature? We are using civs/cars/animals and air scripts currently on our dedicated servers and (next to some strange red dots on the ground) we didn't have any problems with them.

But even though i reduced the spawned air vehicles to "one", the sky was pretty full of them, when we moved with a full squad.

Do you know, why goats and sheeps dont have a model when this addon is used in mp (you can see "sheeps" under the mouse and you even see the sheeps shadows, but the sheep model itself and any trace of the goats are missing)? They appear on the editor.

I suppose TPW Bleedout doesn't limit the players stance as well? I'd like to see some kind of "punish" if players just heal themselves with first aid kits, which applies until they get fully healed by a medic (next to the increased weapon sway). Maybe a slower "internal" bleed rate adjustable via the userconfig?

That should be all for the moment. :)

I am really glad, you can use some of the scripts, to simulate a populated world, even on dedicated server. I have reduced the numbers of spawned civs/animals/cars and helis and didn't experience any server fps drop below 50 for the first several hours. If you allow, i will pack some of the scripts and my init and show it here for dedicated server usage.

Is there any conflicts between TPW Mods, ASR AI and WW_AI Cover?

I've noticed a lot of my AI units tend to move from positions I have given them move orders to a bit more than usual, eg, telling them to move to a building or cover position, they will move into position, stand there for a second or two, and then walk away randomly. This does not happen if I tell them to hold position once they get there, but I don't remember having this happen as often in the past.

Based on this page http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Code_Optimisation

I would suggest changing your "foreach" commands to "counts" they essentially do the same thing except "count" is faster. It cannot replace every "foreach", something about how it reads the variables. "Count" can work with anything that will return a boolean "true /"false.

Ill go threw and replace them all, recompile and look for script errors. and report back to you which "foreach" commands have to stay as "foreach", and which can be changed to "count".

And also it has been suggested somewhere (ill have to search for the exact thread) that using "house_f" will filter for houses better then "house" (in nearest functions), same as "Car" to "Car_f", "Man" to "CAManBase" (man doesnt filter out ambient animals etc.) there are a few others...

these changes should make a decent impact on how the mod performs, things "should" be exicuted quicker.

Edited by Lordprimate

Hi, i don't know if it is already reported.

I was playing a showcase when an enemy soldier hits me.

And hits me really bad, i already knew that i was going to die cause of bleeding TPW effect.

So i ran searching for a medikit, but i was really slow... i saw an enemy, shoot at him and while shooting i died.

Ok, i died so no problem, but the mission report gave me a FAILURE MISSION messages for friendly fire, SRG. MYSELF killed SRG. MYSELF

:D

there is any way of saving who give you the "deadly" shot so the engine doesnt recognize me as a failing suicider? ^_^

Hi everyone. Thanks for keeping the bug reports and suggestions coming. I gave myself a few days off from Arma3 coding, it was starting to do my head in and making me cranky. Apologies to anyone I pissed off with with any of my terse replies.

I'll release an update over the next few days that addresses some of the things that have been raised. Thanks for your patience.

That's why you need (and deserve) a paypal donate button up like yesterday ;)

Hey was wondering if you ever thought about doing a new and improved death cam? I find vanilla's totally unfulfilling as it just hovers about some point in which the killer kinda is/was but generally shows nothing. Especially in urban areas, alls you see is the top of the house and was thinking maybe a more dynamic camera (replay from different angles would be supreme!) or at least at street level from killers POV.

TPW,

I got the following repeatedly while driving on Altis over a long stretch.

10/10/2013 Addon Version

Branch: Development

Version: 1.03.111011

Code

Thanks for that. I thought I'd fixed it but apparently not. I have implemented another fix for the next release

Is there a way to disable the addons' functionality in a mission if the addons would otherwise damage the mission's concept?

Still working on it.

- LOS is it possible to turn the fast turning on/off? Or slow it a bit down via the userconfig?

I could, but basically that defeats the purpose of the mod...

- Car/Air: Could you implement some wreck garbage collector? Or make the spawned helos/cars invulnerable? Especially on insurgency a lot of helos get shot down or crash (can't say for sure, but there were a lot of wrecks lying around after a while).

This is strange. Helis are spawned by bis_fnc_ambientflyby, which supposedly deletes the aircraft each time. Further more, they are marked as setcaptive true so simply shouldn't be targeted by AI.

Does "AIR" have the same "sharing" feature? We are using civs/cars/animals and air scripts currently on our dedicated servers and (next to some strange red dots on the ground) we didn't have any problems with them.

But even though i reduced the spawned air vehicles to "one", the sky was pretty full of them, when we moved with a full squad.

I've set a public variable for the aircraft count, which should do the job.

Do you know, why goats and sheeps dont have a model when this addon is used in mp (you can see "sheeps" under the mouse and you even see the sheeps shadows, but the sheep model itself and any trace of the goats are missing)? They appear on the editor.

No ideas. I don't play MP so I just can't comment.

I suppose TPW Bleedout doesn't limit the players stance as well? I'd like to see some kind of "punish" if players just heal themselves with first aid kits, which applies until they get fully healed by a medic (next to the increased weapon sway). Maybe a slower "internal" bleed rate adjustable via the userconfig?

There's no way force a player's stance. I tried it, couldn't make it stick.

That should be all for the moment. :)

I am really glad, you can use some of the scripts, to simulate a populated world, even on dedicated server. I have reduced the numbers of spawned civs/animals/cars and helis and didn't experience any server fps drop below 50 for the first several hours. If you allow, i will pack some of the scripts and my init and show it here for dedicated server usage.

That'd be great!

Based on this page http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Code_Optimisation

I would suggest changing your "foreach" commands to "counts" they essentially do the same thing except "count" is faster. It cannot replace every "foreach", something about how it reads the variables. "Count" can work with anything that will return a boolean "true /"false.

Ill go threw and replace them all, recompile and look for script errors. and report back to you which "foreach" commands have to stay as "foreach", and which can be changed to "count".

And also it has been suggested somewhere (ill have to search for the exact thread) that using "house_f" will filter for houses better then "house" (in nearest functions), same as "Car" to "Car_f", "Man" to "CAManBase" (man doesnt filter out ambient animals etc.) there are a few others...

these changes should make a decent impact on how the mod performs, things "should" be exicuted quicker.

You are a legend. I actually started replacing man with camanbase a while ago, but will try the others too. Every little bit helps! There's a lot of foreachs scattered across 14 scripts...

Hi, i don't know if it is already reported.

I was playing a showcase when an enemy soldier hits me.

And hits me really bad, i already knew that i was going to die cause of bleeding TPW effect.

So i ran searching for a medikit, but i was really slow... i saw an enemy, shoot at him and while shooting i died.

Ok, i died so no problem, but the mission report gave me a FAILURE MISSION messages for friendly fire, SRG. MYSELF killed SRG. MYSELF

:D

there is any way of saving who give you the "deadly" shot so the engine doesnt recognize me as a failing suicider? ^_^

Hmm, never thought about this. I didn't realise that using setdamage on a player counted as a suicide. Not sure of a way around it other than to prevent the script from setting player damage past 0.99.

Edited by tpw

Hmm, never thought about this. I didn't realise that using setdamage on a player counted as a suicide. Not sure of a way around it other than to prevent the script from setting player damage past 0.99.

Just to save you the trouble, there's no way to non-suicidally kill a player via script unless it happens within a HandleDamage event handler which has to be instant.

Just to save you the trouble, there's no way to non-suicidally kill a player via script unless it happens within a HandleDamage event handler which has to be instant.

Cheers mate

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

TPW MODS v20131014: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20131014.zip

Changes:

[ALL] Loop optimisation (foreach replaced with for count)

[CARS 1.21] Fixed bug with EBS integration.

[CIVS 1.21] More waypoint error fixes.

[PARK 1.02] Optimised car spawning.

[AIR 1.16] Better handling of flybys in MP - should not spawn aircraft for every player.

Hi gents. Thanks to the input from Lordprimate I've gone over all the scripts with an electron microscope and substituted out the slower foreach loops (of which there were many) and replaced them with count loops which should help optimise the whole thing. In testing it certainly hasn't made things worse performance wise, so there's a start! There's a chance I might have introduced some bugs though, so this release is not yet front paged until it's been tested some more. There's a few other bug fixes and optimisations thrown in for good measure. Testing and feedback appreciated.

Thanks for replying my doubts. Great addon, really good work. :)

hello tpw, I have went threw and found the foreach's that need to stay as "foreach" other wise you get script errors and no function.

@TPW_MODS_v123\addons\tpw_mods\tpw_mods\tpw_animals.sqf (1 hit)

Line 367: } foreach tpw_animal_array;

@TPW_MODS_v123\addons\tpw_mods\tpw_mods\tpw_bleedout.sqf (1 hit)

Line 174: } foreach allunits;

@TPW_MODS_v123\addons\tpw_mods\tpw_mods\tpw_fall.sqf (1 hit)

Line 679: } foreach tpw_fallunits;

@TPW_MODS_v123\addons\tpw_mods\tpw_mods\tpw_fog.sqf (1 hit)

Line 200: } foreach allUnits;

@TPW_MODS_v123\addons\tpw_mods\tpw_mods\tpw_los.sqf (1 hit)

Line 274: } foreach _nearunits;

@TPW_MODS_v123\addons\tpw_mods\tpw_mods\tpw_radio.sqf (1 hit)

Line 117: } foreach _nearhouses;

if you changed these to a count well will encounter errors..

file structure has changed. no longer applies.

I have just downloaded your latest update and will check it out!!

Again thanks for this mod i love it!!!

A question:

Any way we can get some more control over the houselights (IE: like it use to be with distance to spawn lights ... maybe a brightness variable for those that want to make the lights brighter or dimmer?? percentage of houses with lights.. ETC) that would be SWEET..

How about not worrying about cars,civ,air,animals we get the Ai to use houses for cover and shoot out windows that would be better then the following I said in begging. Thanks

Hi tpw

You said in your script everyone is free to use and modify your code so i took some of it and created an own derivate of it. I post it here so everyone can benefit from the changes but i don´t know exactly how much it does as it almost works completly different.

I was doing this because im more interessted in MP gameplay and needed a working dedicated server version and was unable to modify yours in the way i wanted it to be. Thanks so much for your work and the impressions it gave me.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166896-MAD-Ambient-Life-(SP-MP)

Edited by MAD T

How about not worrying about cars,civ,air,animals we get the Ai to use houses for cover and shoot out windows that would be better then the following I said in begging. Thanks

How about no. Of course nothing stopping you from learning sqf and making your own mod. What tpw is doing here is amazing with all the ambience!

Just ignore, tpw.

Yay!

Tall order from someone not doing anything other than reaping the benefits of someone else's hard work. How about just being happy this mod is here, improving the vanilla game tenfold?

Look most discussions on ai is about them seeing and accuracy and cover ... People want a good ai I want a good ai but you know we all cant have what we want, but I can express my opinion on what I would like to see,and as other people on this forum have. Yes Tpw has done a great job and like what he has done. Truthfully people would like to see Ai act more human and what tpw has is close but cover could be better and using houses would be great...If I knew how to script or code I would try to fix stuff but unfortunately Im not that talented.

You're 100% right, I can't believe I didn't realise earlier. I will abandon all the other aspects I've worked so hard on to just concentrate on the things that are important to you.

Hi tpw

You said in your script everyone is free to use and modify your code so i took some of it and created an own derivate of it. I post it here so everyone can benefit from the changes but i don´t know exactly how much it does as it almost works completly different.

I was doing this because im more interessted in MP gameplay and needed a working dedicated server version and was unable to modify yours in the way i wanted it to be. Thanks so much for your work and the impressions it gave me.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166896-MAD-Ambient-Life-(SP-MP)

Thanks MAD T, this is exactly the kind of thing that I hoped would happen - everyone benefits when people share on this forum. I'm pleased that my mods served as inspiration to you even if you couldn't use much of the code. And, thanks for the attribution. Good luck with your mod, I hope it is a huge success and takes the pressure off me to make mine dedi compatible!

Look most discussions on ai is about them seeing and accuracy and cover ... People want a good ai I want a good ai but you know we all cant have what we want, but I can express my opinion on what I would like to see,and as other people on this forum have. Yes Tpw has done a great job and like what he has done. Truthfully people would like to see Ai act more human and what tpw has is close but cover could be better and using houses would be great...If I knew how to script or code I would try to fix stuff but unfortunately Im not that talented.
This collection of mods is not about AI tweaking, tpw stated this more than once.

Yay!