tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

I can't wait to try this out. Sounds PERFECT. Even the config params are as I envisioned them.

TPW, the parked cars are NICE! It looks like people actually live on the island. Great work.

Is there a way to not reduce AI skill when suppressing them? But I do want them to take cover. Is it under tpw_ebs_aisup = 0;?

+1 - Would really love this feature - Even more so if a way not to reduce AI skill when surpressed for my BluFor AI teammates (but keep the reduced skill somewhat for Opfor). Is that possible?

Hi KK. I can easily extend the radio to cover boats as well. Actually you've got me thinking about the concept of switching radio language depending on side of the player.

Thank you for taking our suggestions under consideration.

Even if you do not use them, at the very least, you take notice.:cool:

@TPW

Could you please delete the option to Commander vehicles from the inside of a car?

Edited by Ghosthawk

You can only get the latest version via PlayWithSix or SixUpdater since Robalo hasn't uploaded a standalone version since Aug 25. Go here: http://arma-sr.bzbit.com/ Towards the top of the page, there are links to SixUpdater preset – ASR Development and PlayWithSix preset – ASR Development. You can get the latest version from one of those. I've been using an old version of PwS, which downloads ASR AI3 to a folder called servermods in the main Arma 3 folder. I just copy the @ASR_AI3 folder into the main folder with all my other mods so I can use it for SP.

I've been using ASR, TPW, and WW mods together since last night, FUCKING EXCELLENT. TPW YOU ARE ONE OF THE MASTERS OF AI MODS.

Any chance you'd consider making a version with the dodge under fire animations like in FFIS? :-)

Been playtesting some with the Debug feature enabled - Few questions. 1. Why are some enemy AI not in blue color at start of mission (they are in standard uniform color while others are in Blue?). Also, it appears some units turn to red just walking (before any weapons are fired, or with only 1 or 2 shots fired). I have edited userconfig to make it 12 shots to cause suppression (as well)..

Also, really would be a great feature to be able to turn off AI Skill reduction for either side independently of each other. While of course still keeping the seek cover option.

Edited by TMP95

I've been using ASR, TPW, and WW mods together since last night, FUCKING EXCELLENT. TPW YOU ARE ONE OF THE MASTERS OF AI MODS.

Any chance you'd consider making a version with the dodge under fire animations like in FFIS? :-)

@jblack9, what do you set your TPW EBS suppression threshold to?

*Snarky on* Guess they dont have many books in AK, or your reading habit would be better...*snarky off*

(Inserts what I've already read)

Too many words?

Your post is spam, like is it done yet...

Excuse me? That's the most ignorant shit I've heard. Since you want to go there... (<<-- proper use of ellipses because a statement will soon follow) you should learn to use punctuation correctly. Why are you using ellipses at the end of your sentence? Do they have grade schools in Oregon, where you learn the fundamentals of punctuation? Or is it too hard to understand that that's not the proper use of ellipses? My question wasn't nearly as worthless as your snide reply.

Regarding my question, it certainly wasn't "like is it done yet". I don't know where the fuck you came up with that.

Edited by Iceman77

@jblack9, what do you set your TPW EBS suppression threshold to?

I have not changed it. Why do you ask ?

Been playtesting some with the Debug feature enabled - Few questions. 1. Why are some enemy AI not in blue color at start of mission (they are in standard uniform color while others are in Blue?). Also, it appears some units turn to red just walking (before any weapons are fired, or with only 1 or 2 shots fired). I have edited userconfig to make it 12 shots to cause suppression (as well)..

Also, really would be a great feature to be able to turn off AI Skill reduction for either side independently of each other. While of course still keeping the seek cover option.

I tested EBS pretty heavily before releasing it, and at least on my box it works as advertised. If debugging is on, units will turn blue within 5 sec (there is a 5 sec loop running to add suppressible units), even those that spawn after mission start. The only time I have seen non-coloured uniforms is when setObjectTexture doesn't affect part/all of a uniform. I have no idea why you see units turn red for no reason, I've never observed it and it shouldn't be possible if there are no bullets flying. A unit's colour is entirely related to its suppression state, and that state is entirely related to how many bullets are flying.

I've set EBS so that a single bullet passing a unit should register once, very occasionally twice, very very occasionally not at all. A bullet travelling slow enough to potentially register multiple times is a bullet slow enough to be screened out. If you have a threshold set at 10, you might be able to activate it with 8 - 12 shots. IMO this adds some randomness and is not actually a major problem.

I'll look at side dependent AI skill reduction to save you asking 3 times :)

---------- Post added at 10:28 ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 ----------

@kklownboy, @Iceman77, take it to PM. Thanks.

I have not changed it. Why do you ask ?

Just curious to what people prefered. I change it to 1. I figured if a bullet almost hit me in real life within 5 seconds I would stay low and return fire. I think TPW said he used 8 or higher. I definitely appreciate the options he puts in his mods.

Just curious to what people prefered. I change it to 1. I figured if a bullet almost hit me in real life within 5 seconds I would stay low and return fire. I think TPW said he used 8 or higher. I definitely appreciate the options he puts in his mods.

FWIW, I set mine to 3. It only takes one sonic crack for me to go scrambling for cover, so I set it at three so that the AI won't just stand there in the open when under fire. So far, it's worked really well.

FWIW, I set mine to 3. It only takes one sonic crack for me to go scrambling for cover, so I set it at three so that the AI won't just stand there in the open when under fire. So far, it's worked really well.

AI will duck after one shot, regardless of which side the shooter was. By default they'll go prone if they receive 5 enemy bullets within 5 sec.

AI will duck after one shot, regardless of which side the shooter was. By default they'll go prone if they receive 5 enemy bullets within 5 sec.

Thanks for breaking that down. I didn't mean to suggest that EBS doesn't work if the threshold is set higher than three, just that I wanted the AI to react (i.e., go prone, head for cover) even more quickly than it does with the default five shots.

After just playing the game and running my test scenario over and over, I think the main difference I've seen between the new EBS and the old one is that now AI seem to move more when prone. i.e., they'll advance when prone, head to cover when prone, etc., and it keeps them alive longer. The test scenario I run is in a town and the AI will often go prone, head for cover, and then advance along the length of a wall while prone or move between buildings while prone -- it's pretty awesome.

Out in the open, at long distances, enemy AI will go prone and head for concealment or cover while prone and they're tough to hit at 300-400 meters while they're moving on their bellies. Then, if they do make it to cover or concealment, they're nearly impossible for me to spot, but they can still lay down fire in your direction. At the same time, you can really take the pressure off your own team by suppressing the enemy, which is a pretty major game changer. BIS will have their work cut out for them if they ever want to supplant EBS.

Maybe this is a long shot, but could you implement something to keep AI from going prone (unless an order is issued) in urban environments? You want to be very mobile in such situations. Moving along a wall while prone is a worse choiche than moving along a wall standing: you can cover a narrower arc with your weapon, are much slower, and it is very hard to turn around to react against 360° threats.

I believe MOUT tactics rely on falling prone only when out of cover or shooting from a given position: if you need to go from point A to point B, you want to do so quickly, and while retaining full awareness and fighting capabilities.

Prone stance is much less mobile and comfortable to fight in than games show.

Yay!

@TPW

Could you please delete the option to Commander vehicles from the inside of a car?

Done. Well, the "commandeer vehicle" text no longer appears on screen, but you'll have to select it from the action menu.

Maybe this is a long shot, but could you implement something to keep AI from going prone (unless an order is issued) in urban environments? You want to be very mobile in such situations. Moving along a wall while prone is a worse choiche than moving along a wall standing: you can cover a narrower arc with your weapon, are much slower, and it is very hard to turn around to react against 360° threats.

I believe MOUT tactics rely on falling prone only when out of cover or shooting from a given position: if you need to go from point A to point B, you want to do so quickly, and while retaining full awareness and fighting capabilities.

Prone stance is much less mobile and comfortable to fight in than games show.

Yay!

I've added a small bit of code so that units will only go prone if they are more than 10m from a class "house" object or a car. These are the same things used for cover selection.

A small issue with the tpw_ebs script. It is not registrating suppression hits, if you don't run CBA_A3 as client.

You can activate the debug mode and units will turn blue, but these color and behavior won't change at all.

A small issue with the tpw_ebs script. It is not registrating suppression hits, if you don't run CBA_A3 as client.

You can activate the debug mode and units will turn blue, but these color and behavior won't change at all.

These are clearly stated as SP mods, and CBA (obviously run as client if SP) is clearly stated as a requirement, so it's a non issue actually. CBA is required for the per frame event handler which detects units around live bullets.

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

TPW MODS v20131010: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20131010.zip

Changes::

[EBS 1.15] Units will only go prone if more than 10m from potential cover.

[CIVS 1.21] Better integration with TPW EBS, fixed error if TPW EBS not running or initialised.

[PARK 1.01] Code optimisation

[FOG 1.07] Overcast must be > 0.8 to prevent heat haze.

[CARS 1.20] Commandeer vehicle addmenu item only displayed when on foot.

I will work on an overhaul of the skill reduction. It's not as simple to do as it is to ask for.

This has nothing to do with SP, as i tested EBS in the editor. And i thought the point of script versions was, that you don't need any further "requirements" to play the mission.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Done. Well, the "commandeer vehicle" text no longer appears on screen, but you'll have to select it from the action menu.

I've added a small bit of code so that units will only go prone if they are more than 10m from a class "house" object or a car. These are the same things used for cover selection.

Thanks for going into the request and suggestions of the community.

Keep up the good work!

This has nothing to do with SP, as i tested EBS in the editor. And i thought the point of script versions was, that you don't need any further "requirements" to play the mission.

No mate, the whole point of the script versions is that people asked me for them so that they could integrate them into their missions. It stands to reason that if the addon version of a mod has a requirement for an additional addon, then the script version will too.

Sir,

Latest DEV build

10/10/2013 Addon Version - with EBS turned OFF in configs

SP editor/preview

Plus:

FSF Launcher

addons - CBA/Shacktak HUD/deadfast 3rd person

scripts - shk_intercept

'..._car"];
tpw_car_removearray [];

if (|#|tpw_ebs_active) then
{