tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Thanks TPW for your update on new EBS.

I hope you did not take my previous comment as a harsh reproach. ;)

This mod has became essential to my ingame strategies in SP.

No way mate, your comments were the final straw which made me realise how $%^&ed the shell based suppression had become!

---------- Post added at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

So when is tpw mod going to cover weather as well ? *hint *hint ;)

Hey I've got raindrops visible on the ground, isn't that enough weather for you? :)

hey tpw,

it seems like the uniforms of the units in my missions are turning black with your mod running.. any ideas why?

EDIT: ***Solved, post obsolete***

Thanks Grey-Legolas, TPW Mods form Post #423 solved the black vests problem for me as well, thanks again

(@tpw: sorry for the confusion, great work!)

***obsolete information****

I can confirm what Lordprimate said,

I had the same "uniforms turning black" problem, only with TPW_MODS_20131006.

Running Arma 3 newest dev branch (from 04. October 2013).

using ATI Radeon HD7800 GFX

Reverted back to TPW_MODS_20131005 an it is gone...

Just a wild guess: reason might be the "heat haze" possibly? (but I am just guessing...)

anyways, great work tpw, I haven't been playing Arma3 without your mod since the day the first version was released!

regards

rpr

Edited by rpr
*solved*

I was having Texture issue before this latest update but after, I'm free from black things :)

Thanks for update :)

Is there a way to not reduce AI skill when suppressing them? But I do want them to take cover. Is it under tpw_ebs_aisup = 0;?

When I play with the new animal sounds I sounds like I'm in a dog pound, herds of dogs and cats drowning out everything. Please add a switch to turn off the animal noises, I personally can live with mute animals.

Is there a way to turn off civilians in a mission without going into userconfig? Sometimes a ghost town should be deserted (a clue to a waiting ambush).

BIS should pay you for this mod it makes the game so much better, I can't play without it now, you have spoiled me :).

When I play with the new animal sounds I sounds like I'm in a dog pound, herds of dogs and cats drowning out everything. Please add a switch to turn off the animal noises, I personally can live with mute animals.

Is there a way to turn off civilians in a mission without going into userconfig? Sometimes a ghost town should be deserted (a clue to a waiting ambush).

I think there's a userconfig setting for time between animal sounds:

tpw_animal_noisetime = 60; // maximum time between dog/cat noises

Set it to a large number.

For the civs, if it's a mission you're making, you can set exclusion zones. Instructions are in the first post. Or below:

Additional configuration

------------------------

In addition to the configuration options available in TPW_MODS.hpp, you can designate areas in which civs, cars and animals will not spawn. This can come in handy if you don't want goats or cars on a runway, or you've taken over a town and don't want civilians.

To designate a car exclusion object, enter "tpwcarexc" (no quotes) into the name field of any editor placeable object. This can be a logic, or any other object including moving vehicles. If you don't want to see traffic around any airport you fly into, then you can name your transport aircraft "tpwcarexc". You may designate a maximum of 10 such objects: tpwcarexc, tpwcarexc_1 -> tpwcarexc_9

Animal exclusion objects: tpwanimexc, tpwanimexc_1 -> tpwanimexc_9

Civilian exclusion objects: tpwcivexc, tpwcivexc_1 -> tpwcivexc_9

Ambient civs, cars, boats, animals and aircraft can be disabled/enabled mid game via the debug console:

tpw_civ_active=false; // no civilians

tpw_civ_active=true; // civilians

tpw_car_active=false; // no cars

tpw_car_active=true; // cars

tpw_animal_active=false; // no animals

tpw_animal_active=true; // animals

tpw_boat_active=false; // no boats

tpw_boat_active=true; // boats

tpw_air_active=false; // no aircraft

tpw_air_active=true; // aircraft

Note that these commands won't remove already spawned civs/cars/animals.

Edited by ebarstad

Is there a way to not reduce AI skill when suppressing them? But I do want them to take cover. Is it under tpw_ebs_aisup = 0;?

Not at present sorry. I can add it in though. Or you can use the script version and change it:

Line 280: _unit setskill ((_unit getvariable "tpw_ebs_skill") * 0.75);

Line 310: _unit setskill ((_unit getvariable "tpw_ebs_skill") * 0.5);

BIS should pay you for this mod it makes the game so much better, I can't play without it now, you have spoiled me :).

If you are constantly hearing dogs/cats (and I mean there is literally no pause in between the noises) then you have a dodgy or outdated tpw_mods.hpp file.

Is there anything in your mod that can create red spheres on the ground around friendly units?

Is there anything in your mod that can create red spheres on the ground around friendly units?

The heat haze function of TPW FOG attaches refract particle effects to the 10cm red sphere and arrays 10 of them in front of the player. But the red spheres are set to be invisible so all you see is the heat haze.

Thanks to you all for your patience, suggestions and encouragement.

No, thank YOU for continuing to improve your excellent addon(s) as A3 continues to grow. It truly makes the game more fun.

The heat haze function of TPW FOG attaches refract particle effects to the 10cm red sphere and arrays 10 of them in front of the player. But the red spheres are set to be invisible so all you see is the heat haze.

Strange. I have not updated the mod in a day or two, but last night the red spheres were showing up. I'll update and see what happens. Not a big deal, just wondering where they were originating from.

Thank you

hi ebarstad,

Thanks for your reply. I did set the max animal sounds to 777. it made it much better, the occasional bark or sheep sound without driving me crazy.

Thanks for the additional Configuration notes, I'll give it a try.

Downloading version from 423 post solved the black vests problem for me.

that is the version i am running .. just redownloaded the mod and i still get black coveralls after a few seconds ...

Not at present sorry. I can add it in though. Or you can use the script version and change it:

Okay, will do. This comes with another question, so If have a mission using EBS script version, and also running the EBS addon version, which one of these two will take priority? For example, the hpp config I have the default suppression range at 500m, but in the mission I want the suppression range to be up at 1500m. Will the mission take the 1500m value or the hpp confing will overwrite it?

Thanks in advance

If I remember well, the addon version has a check to disable itself if the script is running, so the script should prevail. I am not 100% sure tho. You should look somewhere in the old thread...

You could also try to enable debug mode in the config, if it is enabled, then the addon version prevails, if not, the script prevails.

Why would you run both versions? Just disable the mod.

Because I'm making a mission that I might want to release it to the general public. And I'm going to change some lines of code here and there. So as to not break the mission with users that run the addon version, I feel the need to disable the addon version and force them to use the script version... Also I don't want to exit the game and change the hpp and restart the game just because I want to play that particular mission

Actually the script version disables itself if the addon is running. I will look into making it the other way around, if it will be of more use.

Actually the script version disables itself if the addon is running. I will look into making it the other way around, if it will be of more use.

IMHO, it should be the other way around (script wins over addon). My argument is for example, in a mission, the mission designer envisioned that a city/town should be a ghost town, ie no civilian or very little civilian. So the mission designer can set the tpw_civ global variable to be a certain value or force it off altogether. So if users with config that set high civ count, then it will break the mission backstory (not game breaker but it messes with the mission). That is just a simple example.

I hope I didn't come out as being pushy though... In the end it's your call.

Thanks in advance

So when is tpw mod going to cover weather as well ? *hint *hint ;)

No TPW, please don't :) maybe just set initial weather, but don't waste your time on weather changes: because it sucks and because you would waste a lot of valuable time...

Edited by tortuosit

IMHO, it should be the other way around (script wins over addon).

Just to chime in as well as Mr_Centipede stated, I also recommend that script wins over addon in order to preserve mission maker intentions. This is the way that I have made my electrical grids simulation work in the past. There are some tricks to getting it to work correctly though such as trying to make sure the script version runs first so if a second instance is detected (the addon version) then the second is aborted. Not the only way to do it, but the easiest in my opinion. Let me know if you decide to pursue and I can share some sample code.

I really like this mod but I have Promlems with the Ambient sounds it brings: They seem to override any music played. So if you want to have some soundtrack for advanced athmosphere and enter a vehicle, the music will stop. Could this be fixed somehow? Or is this caused by a limitation of the game itself?

BTW: Are there options do deactivate sound-related parts of the mod? (sry for asking if this is described anywhere, but I was posting anyway^^)

Edited by ProDomo