tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

A strange thing happened yesterday is Without reason mid-mission suddenly changed my main weapon to secondary

and i was like *WTF

it happens with me to and it happend a lot ,its not of the latest but its from the beginning so never thought about TPW, but it could be the problem

No. There is a userconfig flile included with the DL - (You need to place this file within your main A3 folder). Within your main A3 folder you will need to create a folder called userconfig, if you don't already have one there created.... (and then place the one within this DL into that folder). You can edit that userconfig with notepad to change aspects of TPW. Turning parts on and off.

This is not quite accurate, I would say. An example of where the .hpp file needs to go is two levels below the main Arma3 folder:

f:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_MODS.hpp

TPW..i must notify you of a topic.

Maybe you can help.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147768-SP-MP-Dynamic-Whole-Map-ArmA3-Missions-by-SaOk&p=2520934&viewfull=1#post2520934 #766

(seeing later posts the described problem disappears only when i disable TPW_MODS -changing of execution order does nothing-)

*EDITED*

@changing of execution order does nothing

NO..IT DOES

Placing WW_AI_command and WW_cover LAST in modline make it work again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Glad you got it sorted.

Yeah, sorry, i meant that.

So it is possible to change the AI mode?

I think they are much to fearless, because they don't care if you are shooting at their car or somewhere else.

You might be able to set this as a parameter?

Would be awesome, thanks!

I will see what I can do.

Attention TPW users:

Has anyone experienced forced switching to main weapon after firing a launcher?

None of my mods should be causung this behaviour, but I will look into it.

If you hold a pistol or launcher when the PTW addons initialize, are you switched back to rifle?

This on the other hand is caused by TPW MODS. When it initialises it needs to make each unit perform a switchweapon, otherwise currentweapon will return "" for each unit. I need currentweapon to determine what weapon a unit has so I can apply appropriate stance change animations.

Does TPW initialization force you into third person mode in tanks?

I wouldn't imagine so, but I've never driven a tank in game. Or in real life.

The former is a very serious issue, as it can ruin SACLOS shots with the Titan, prevent BDA or lock you in place to be gunned down after firing.

I'm just not sure if this is a conflict with TMR addons or not.

Anyone have these problems?

When I get such a large range of problems attributed to my mod I tend to get a bit angst ridden. Especially when it turns out to be another mod causing the issues. Please do the right thing and disable any other mods and see if the problem persists.

Was thinking about the dogs .... could some growl if you get within a few metres ?

Ghosthawk and supergrunts:

Do you run TMR? Any additional mods?

I only ran all ACRE mods and US Inspired Units. But as tpw said: I think it was only in the beginning of the mission.

Ghosthawk and supergrunts:

Do you run TMR? Any additional mods?

yes i do (TMR and a bunch of other mods(most are some weapons and some units)) i am going to start to test to see if the problem is an other mod ;)

Edit : tested without TMR and still it happens, so TMR is not the problem going to continue to test with the other mods i got running

Edited by supergruntsb78

I've done a little more testing and cannot replicate either the "switch to main weapon after firing launcher" bug or the "3rd person view in tank" bug. The "units switching to main weapon when TPW MODS initialises" won't be going away any time soon.

EDIT: Actually I might have spoken too soon, seems like the currentweapon bug is not present in these later dev builds. I'll do some more testing but I might be able to dispense with the switchweapon

Edited by tpw

Thanks Gliptal. It's actually pretty simple really:

TPW_EBS: AI will seek simple cover if suppressed by player or other AI.

WW_AICOVER: AI will seek cover if they detect various combat noises.

WW_AICOVER + TPW_EBS = AI will use WW_AICOVER's routines to seek cover if suppressed or if they detect combat noises.

I always recommend that players use WW_AICOVER (and WW_AIMENU for that matter) in conjunction with TPW_MODS.

Thanks for the explanations guys.

Is it possible to implant grenades and explosion shock waves?[/QUoTE]
That probably falls more under Blastcore A3's remit IMHO.

Sorry I was a bit unclear. What I meant was, was is it possible to implant shock waves that would ragdoll enemies to the ground but not killed them?

Sorry I was a bit unclear. What I meant was, was is it possible to implant shock waves that would ragdoll enemies to the ground but not killed them?

This behaviour is pretty much already there. Units hit by an explosion will fall/ragdoll in the same way that they will from bullets.

@TPW: Nice, I'll try to check it out as soon as I find the time.

TPW MODS 20131001: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20131001.zip

Changes:

[FALL 1.22] Noises for rolling prone. Switchweapon removed from initialisation.

[EBS 1.12] Switchweapon removed from initialisation.

So this will prevent the issue of units switching to their rifles when TPW MODS initialises. Also I've added a features that precisely no-one has been asking for, but which #$%^s me anyway - the player now makes noises when rolling prone.

Please test this out for me. I know the switchweapon is redundant in the latest dev build but not sure int he release build.

@tpw:

I feel the urgent need to express this again: I _love_ this mod!

I am using your mods in combination with ww_aicover and tmr for a while now, and the immersive firefights this combination provides feels really great.

(There are still some immersion breakers like the detection capabilities of the AI w.r.t. foliage and grass, but this has already been reported thoroughly and I still put hopes in BI to fix that in the engine someday.)

I also think that BI should support AI suppression via the engine. The idea for the solution you based EBS on is ingenious, but I think it also brings some disadvantages like the coding efforts needed to cope with explosions. With better support from the engine a solution could be implemented, which would cost less performance, require less coding efforts, and would handle explosions without any special efforts and with all their aspects (namely the impulse :-) ).

So, to wrap this up:

1. You did some really great work.

2. Now BI should contribute a bit ;-)

Many thanks

A.

(BTW: I am not really sure, but I have the impression, that EBS reduces the damage caused by 40mm grenades?)

TPW...

You are the "Hurricane of updates".

I am sure Foxhound is struggling to keep up.

---------- Post added at 00:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:42 ----------

Example of TPW MODS suppression system in AI vs. AI combat. WW AI Cover also involved. Makes for quite the intense scenario.

On the subject of sounds, have you thought about expanding your skydiving wind sound to higher wind settings?

I love these mods and updating has been much easier since you merged them together. However, if you add more mods to the package, maybe it would be worthwhile splitting TPW_Mods into TPW_Ambient (Animals, Cars, Civs, etc.) and TPW_Combat (Bleedout, EBS, Fall, LOS, etc.). I use Arma3Sync to choose mods and launch the game and I seldom want to disable the combat mods but when I play certain missions I do occasionally want to disable the ambient mods. Doing this via the userconfig isn't as handy as merely unchecking the box in the launcher (I know, I know - so lazy). Like I said, it would only really make sense if you plan on adding more mods to TPW Mods and/or if you decided to update less frequently -- I definitely don't want to suggest making more work for you. Thanks again!

Edit: Sorry, I did want to report a bug and make my post somewhat useful. I think it's with EBS and Civs. I run the same scenario over and over to test AI and AI mods and I noticed when I'm running Civs and EBS, the civilians inevitably get stuck in the prone stance. I don't think they've been hit (no blood), but they may have become suppressed and never recover from it (TPW_ptsd?).

Edited by ebarstad

Edit: Sorry, I did want to report a bug and make my post somewhat useful. I think it's with EBS and Civs. I run the same scenario over and over to test AI and AI mods and I noticed when I'm running Civs and EBS, the civilians inevitably get stuck in the prone stance. I don't think they've been hit (no blood), but they may have become suppressed and never recover from it (TPW_ptsd?).

Yep I agree this is highly annoying, and it seems to be specific to the civilians. In addition to being stuck prone, they also get stuck walking around like chimpanzees. I see them do it without EBS or FALL active, so I think there's something in the FSM that I can't overcome. There is a background loop running which "unsuppresses" all units once a minute precisely to try to prevent this behaviour. I tried coding in some anti-chimp behaviour but it does nothing either. I guess I will have to keep thinking about it.

---------- Post added at 14:40 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

On the subject of sounds, have you thought about expanding your skydiving wind sound to higher wind settings?

No. The sound you hear is actually from a skydiving video of mine. That's how it sounds.

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

@tpw:

I feel the urgent need to express this again: I _love_ this mod!

I am using your mods in combination with ww_aicover and tmr for a while now, and the immersive firefights this combination provides feels really great.

(There are still some immersion breakers like the detection capabilities of the AI w.r.t. foliage and grass, but this has already been reported thoroughly and I still put hopes in BI to fix that in the engine someday.)

I also think that BI should support AI suppression via the engine. The idea for the solution you based EBS on is ingenious, but I think it also brings some disadvantages like the coding efforts needed to cope with explosions. With better support from the engine a solution could be implemented, which would cost less performance, require less coding efforts, and would handle explosions without any special efforts and with all their aspects (namely the impulse :-) ).

So, to wrap this up:

1. You did some really great work.

2. Now BI should contribute a bit ;-)

Many thanks

A.

(BTW: I am not really sure, but I have the impression, that EBS reduces the damage caused by 40mm grenades?)

Thanks oldy.

To be 100% honest, if BIS introduced their own engine level implementations of all the things in TPW MODS I'd actually be a happy man.

EBS tries to replicate the damage caused by grenades, and in many cases the damage is actually greater than vanilla. Most of the time, the suppression shell will switch off if there is an unexploded grenade nearby, so that when it explodes you will be seeing the vanilla reaction anyway.

I think you misunderstood me, man.

Currently, you can crank up the wind settings, but won't hear a thing because there doesn't appear to be a sound effect for it (or something, I don't know).

I was suggesting that you add that skydiving sound to the higher wind settings, so that if you were perched on some hill with high wind, you'd have that cool 'wind rushing by your ears' sound, that you recorded for skydiving.

I think you misunderstood me, man.

Currently, you can crank up the wind settings, but won't hear a thing because there doesn't appear to be a sound effect for it (or something, I don't know).

I was suggesting that you add that skydiving sound to the higher wind settings, so that if you were perched on some hill with high wind, you'd have that cool 'wind rushing by your ears' sound, that you recorded for skydiving.

Ahh, I get you. Not sure how easily implementable it would be, but I'll check it out.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Since the last dog sound update, after a few shots in the air in the middle of nowhere, a thousand dogs bark from God knows where ! :)

And worse, they don't stop until you turn crazy or rage quit :)