tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

@tpw

Is it possible to change the KI mode of the civilians of your script especially those in the cars?

It feels very weird when they just drive next to you while you have a firefight and they don't give a sh.. if you fire on their cars ;D

I had this mod activated on my pc and it worked perfektly in our coop mission on a dedicated server without activating it on antoher pc or the server itself.

Another satisfied customer here. But, I'm also another needy and demanding customer. :P

One small request: Maybe tone back the barking dogs? I think Altis has a SEVERE dog infestation. No matter how many bombs we drop on them, they just keep barking, and barking, and barking..... :D

In all seriousness, it does seem just a bit much. I really do love the ambience it brings, but they bark pretty much non-stop. Also, maybe some other animal noises?

Again, thanks TPW!

I'm quite liking the barking dogs :) didn't think I would, but I do.

If it were a cheap fix, I would like the dogs to be urban-bound and not out in the wild so much. Or at least around > 2 or 3 buildings anyway. Sheep & goats, the other way around, less in urban & more in the wild :)

I know. needy us ;) but really, good work on this.

Sorry I haven´t read all the 28 pages but at least I´m honest.

Is this somewhat useable for MP? I´m not talking about dedicated hosting, just "normal" hosting and I know what the title and the first post indicates but maybe it does work in MP.

So has someone tested this yet?

Sorry I haven´t read all the 28 pages but at least I´m honest.

Is this somewhat useable for MP? I´m not talking about dedicated hosting, just "normal" hosting and I know what the title and the first post indicates but maybe it does work in MP.

So has someone tested this yet?

It worked for us if ONE person has this mod enabled. Also on non dedicated servers.

^^ yup im finding that .... works very well. I can join a server and hey presto it's not a wilderness any more.

@tpw

Is it possible to change the KI mode of the civilians of your script especially those in the cars?

It would be if I knew what KI was.

Another satisfied customer here. But, I'm also another needy and demanding customer. :P

One small request: Maybe tone back the barking dogs? I think Altis has a SEVERE dog infestation. No matter how many bombs we drop on them, they just keep barking, and barking, and barking..... :D

In all seriousness, it does seem just a bit much. I really do love the ambience it brings, but they bark pretty much non-stop. Also, maybe some other animal noises?

Again, thanks TPW!

Hey at least you admit you're demanding. Unlike my ex wife.

Short story for you: I live on the suburban fringe of Brisbane, and basically I hear a dog bark every 30 seconds or so. When I'm playing A3 I have trouble telling what's coming out of my monitor and what's coming in the window. A few suburbs away where the farms begin, roaming packs of dogs are a huge problem killing livestock, barking and howling etc. Extrapolate to a largely abandoned highly rural island like Altis, the place is probably overrun with them. Cats too.

Anyway, I have put the delay time for dog/cat noises into a user configurable variable, so you can set dogs to bark as sporadically as you want.

I've been working on bringing bleating goats (you can hear them if you approach within 50m), this will be in the next release later today.

I'm quite liking the barking dogs :) didn't think I would, but I do.

If it were a cheap fix, I would like the dogs to be urban-bound and not out in the wild so much. Or at least around > 2 or 3 buildings anyway. Sheep & goats, the other way around, less in urban & more in the wild :)

I know. needy us ;) but really, good work on this.

I've compromised and made dog barking much quieter when not in towns, to simulate them barking further in the distance.

^^ yup im finding that .... works very well. I can join a server and hey presto it's not a wilderness any more.

Awesome. At least I know there's the potential for when I finally pull my finger out of my arse and start porting this to dedi.

---------- Post added at 09:26 ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 ----------

TPW MODS v20130930: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20130930.zip

Changes:

[ANIMALS 1.18] Goat bleating added. Louder dog barking in populated areas. Dog/cat delay between noises is now user configurable.

Please update your TPW_MODS.hpp: tpw_animal_noisetime = 60; // maximum time between dog/cat noises

Thanks for another update.

TPW, understanding the compatibility goals of you and Windwalking on TPW MODS and WW AI Cover

How do these work together? Which one wins out so to speak?

ww_runToCoverOnEncounter = 1; //Setting to turn off running to cover on encounter

tpw_ebs_findcover = 1; // AI will seek cover when suppressed. 0 = will not seek cover

Hey at least you admit you're demanding. Unlike my ex wife.

Short story for you: I live on the suburban fringe of Brisbane, and basically I hear a dog bark every 30 seconds or so. When I'm playing A3 I have trouble telling what's coming out of my monitor and what's coming in the window. A few suburbs away where the farms begin, roaming packs of dogs are a huge problem killing livestock, barking and howling etc. Extrapolate to a largely abandoned highly rural island like Altis, the place is probably overrun with them. Cats too.

Anyway, I have put the delay time for dog/cat noises into a user configurable variable, so you can set dogs to bark as sporadically as you want.

I've been working on bringing bleating goats (you can hear them if you approach within 50m), this will be in the next release later today.

See, I grew up and live in a huge urban area. I expect to hear police sirens, gunshots, and angry hookers. :)

I mean, it really wasn't THAT big of a deal. But SOMEONE had to complain, right? Thanks TPW!

Thanks for another update.

TPW, understanding the compatibility goals of you and Windwalking on TPW MODS and WW AI Cover

How do these work together? Which one wins out so to speak?

ww_runToCoverOnEncounter = 1; //Setting to turn off running to cover on encounter

tpw_ebs_findcover = 1; // AI will seek cover when suppressed. 0 = will not seek cover

I think I can answer on tpw's behalf.

- ww_runToCoverOnEncounter forces the AI to implement cover routines as soon as it detects enemy presence.

- tpw_ebs_findcover forces the AI to implement cover routines whenever it is suppressed by the player (and I'm pretty sure the AI can suppress other AI too).

Both mods are made by the authors themselves to fully work toghether! :D Refer to this thread for Mod Compatibilities if you want: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152461-Overall-Mod-compatibility-aka-Will-Mods-A-and-B-work-togheter

Yay!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I think I can answer on tpw's behalf.

- ww_runToCoverOnEncounter forces the AI to implement cover routines as soon as it detects enemy presence.

- tpw_ebs_findcover forces the AI to implement cover routines whenever it is suppressed by the player (and I'm pretty sure the AI can suppress other AI too).

Both mods are made by the authors themselves to fully work toghether! :D Refer to this thread for Mod Compatibilities if you want: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152461-Overall-Mod-compatibility-aka-Will-Mods-A-and-B-work-togheter

Yay!

Thanks Gliptal. It's actually pretty simple really:

TPW_EBS: AI will seek simple cover if suppressed by player or other AI.

WW_AICOVER: AI will seek cover if they detect various combat noises.

WW_AICOVER + TPW_EBS = AI will use WW_AICOVER's routines to seek cover if suppressed or if they detect combat noises.

I always recommend that players use WW_AICOVER (and WW_AIMENU for that matter) in conjunction with TPW_MODS.

It would be if I knew what KI was.

It's probably the german abbreviation for AI (KI = Künstliche Intelligenz = Artificial Intelligence).

It's probably the german abbreviation for AI (KI = Künstliche Intelligenz = Artificial Intelligence).

Ahh! Vielen Dank!

TPW..i must notify you of a topic.

Maybe you can help.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147768-SP-MP-Dynamic-Whole-Map-ArmA3-Missions-by-SaOk&p=2520934&viewfull=1#post2520934 #766

(seeing later posts the described problem disappears only when i disable TPW_MODS -changing of execution order does nothing-)

*EDITED*

@changing of execution order does nothing

NO..IT DOES

Placing WW_AI_command and WW_cover LAST in modline make it work again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by GiorgyGR

It is indeed.

Ahh! Vielen Dank!

Yeah, sorry, i meant that.

So it is possible to change the AI mode?

I think they are much to fearless, because they don't care if you are shooting at their car or somewhere else.

You might be able to set this as a parameter?

Would be awesome, thanks!

Attention TPW users:

Has anyone experienced forced switching to main weapon after firing a launcher?

If you hold a pistol or launcher when the PTW addons initialize, are you switched back to rifle? Does TPW initialization force you into third person mode in tanks?

The former is a very serious issue, as it can ruin SACLOS shots with the Titan, prevent BDA or lock you in place to be gunned down after firing.

I'm just not sure if this is a conflict with TMR addons or not.

Anyone have these problems?

Attention TPW users:

If you hold a pistol or launcher when the PTW addons initialize, are you switched back to rifle? Does TPW initialization force you into third person mode in tanks?

The former is a very serious issue, as it can ruin SACLOS shots with the Titan, prevent BDA or lock you in place to be gunned down after firing.

A strange thing happened yesterday is Without reason mid-mission suddenly changed my main weapon to secondary

and i was like *WTF oO

btw i m using TMR / WW_mods / ASR_AI3 / JSRS2 / TPW_MODS

Attention TPW users:

Yeah i had this problem. My weapon was switched from NLAW to rifle. I did not think about TPW being the problem but it might be...

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

Can anyone help me i dont understand the instillation process any help would be nice.

Thankyou:)

I think it is well explained by TPW in the first thread. What part do you not understand?

do i need to create my own userconfig file?

No. There is a userconfig flile included with the DL - (You need to place this file within your main A3 folder). Within your main A3 folder you will need to create a folder called userconfig, if you don't already have one there created.... (and then place the one within this DL into that folder). You can edit that userconfig with notepad to change aspects of TPW. Turning parts on and off.