Sign in to follow this  
DaveZember

Easter Egg: Females

Hmm, more evidence of content that will come in a "later patch" im sure. The steam distribution system seems suited to unfinished and half arsed productions where they can update their game widely and instantly without people even knowing steam is patching in the background. This can only lead to more and more premature and lazy releases across the board from all game producers.

Im sick of the Gaming industry using DLC as an excuse to not complete a project. If you look at every major game out they purposely withhold content to use later as DLC. WHY WOULD YOU RELEASE DLC 1 MONTH AFTER YOU RELEASE THE GAME? If it were not for the invention of broad band half the companies making games now would fail.

Im sick of the Gaming industry using DLC as an excuse to not complete a project. If you look at every major game out they purposely withhold content to use later as DLC. WHY WOULD YOU RELEASE DLC 1 MONTH AFTER YOU RELEASE THE GAME? If it were not for the invention of broad band half the companies making games now would fail.

You make it sound like they didn't try. From what I can tell (I don't work for them, I wouldn't be the best to ask) a lot of the content is withheld because they want to improve on them. For example working vehicle doors: They had a brief appearance on Devbranch (not sure about stable, haven't been there in ages), but they were held back because they weren't working so well. Maybe the female models have animation problems or something, I don't know.

These things happen, and patience is all we need sometimes. I know it's hard to wait when we've waited so much already, but we have to.

Hmm, more evidence of content that will come in a "later patch" im sure. The steam distribution system seems suited to unfinished and half arsed productions where they can update their game widely and instantly without people even knowing steam is patching in the background. This can only lead to more and more premature and lazy releases across the board from all game producers.

i hope they don't pull an oa and sell this content back to us

Steam allows for a different model of game design, not a lazier model. Earlier release being one of the features. Whether that translates to better service - I'm not entirely sure, but I note a huge number of people asking for earlier release rather than later release, even with incomplete assets. This voice seems to have been outshouted recently by the new you-released-too-soon voice.

i hope they don't pull an oa and sell this content back to us

You believe that OA was a con then? You believe that ArmA2 was somehow incomplete, and that OA represents BIS fleecing the community by selling content that was plainly missing?

You make it sound like they didn't try. From what I can tell (I don't work for them, I wouldn't be the best to ask) a lot of the content is withheld because they want to improve on them. For example working vehicle doors: They had a brief appearance on Devbranch (not sure about stable, haven't been there in ages), but they were held back because they weren't working so well. Maybe the female models have animation problems or something, I don't know.

These things happen, and patience is all we need sometimes. I know it's hard to wait when we've waited so much already, but we have to.

I agree that they are putting effort in to the game. Sure, the reskinned vehicles, weapons, etc. are disappointing, but it's still much better than not having them at all, and I expect that they'll reconcile this issue at some point, but most of us can agree that performance issues, etc. are a bit more important.

The reason for the removal of the openable doors is due to hitbox issues. It wouldn't be suitable for early release since this would become a problem in multiplayer. However, I would like to see earlier content that wouldn't have such large issues.

Edited by DaveZember

I agree. Sure, the reskinned vehicles, weapons, etc. are disappointing, but it's still much better than not having them at all. I'm sure that they'll reconcile this issue at some point, but most of us can agree that performance issues, etc. are a bit more important.

lol, great argument, "well it's better than nothing"

Sure, the reskinned vehicles, weapons, etc. are disappointing, but it's still much better than not having them at all.

That's the bit I was referencing with my reply, sorry but thinking "well it's better than nothing" doesn't really make me alright with it. I think the copied vehicles and weapons on each side is one of the worst if not the worst thing about the game.

Edited by clydefrog

That's the bit I was referencing with my reply, sorry but thinking "well it's better than nothing" doesn't really make me alright with it. I think the copied vehicles and weapons on each side is one of the worst if not the worst thing about the game.

I'm confident that they'll change this later as they have already with the Kriss Vector, etc. I'd rather have the weapons reskinned (for now) than not have them at all.