Sign in to follow this  
UltimateBawb

A List of Questionably Empty Promises

it is is still unprofessional to release a guide with erroneous information leading to unneeded confusion.

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

those shot are taken FROM the game :)

well, there are screens, merkava and hunter are on opfor side for example. But like i said, there is nothing which confirms, there should be f-35 in game. :P

Well, think what you like.

As for where the screenshots were taken from, who's not to say that they're from TKOH with Altis ported to it?

Also, I think one reason why shotguns aren't implemented is because they cannot be reloaded the way they are supposed to be (individual shells instead of magazines). The KSG-12 also has the dual magazines. People would be crying if it were ingame currently because these two things do not work presently in the engine, the same way people cry about the gun not being in. No difference as far as BI is concerned, people cry.

Again, there are more worthwhile things to cry about, and they are not as numerous (nontheless important) as people make it attempt to appear.

well, there are screens, merkava and hunter are on opfor side for example. But like i said, there is nothing which confirms, there should be f-35 in game. :P

@NeuroFunker another way to look at is called "bait and switch"

@instagoat it is not one thing that people are angry about its the culmination of many....performance,content,campaign, generic reuses of turrets,guns,MG's...etc and speaking of "crying" if you want to "cry" about something "cry" about the MOST important issue in A3 which is performance...but let me warn it will get you NO WHERE!

Troubling indeed! The lack of crop on those pictures is downright frightening!

kylania pls.

It's in the damn manual. What else do you want for confirmation? My god, all of you arguing that the pictures in the manual don't represent the game are incredibly short sighted.

kylania pls.

It's in the damn manual. What else do you want for confirmation? My god, all of you arguing that the pictures in the manual don't represent the game are incredibly short sighted.

lol wat, we are talking about F-35 screens, are there any in manual?

There has been alot of screenshots of the F-35 ingame, even a video where a dev flies it over Altis. Other then that, yes, there is a screenshot of the F-35 inside the arma3 tactical guide, that comes with arma3 deluxe edition, provided by BIS. Enough reason why it should be inside the game, now go delete your account :P

There are there, also for the c130 which is call the c 192 ;)

So I'm sure those things will be include later on.

Yep, there are PLENTY of pictures of F-35 in the manual.

Oh, and remember that demo about switch uniforms and placing explosives on vehicles? Ha.

This is actually bordering on false advertising.

Oh, and remember that demo about switch uniforms and placing explosives on vehicles? Ha.

This is actually bordering on false advertising.

This was the statement of a dev about the placing explosives on vehicles:

That was scripted prototype. Unfortunately this feature wasn't fully implemented and it doesn't have priority now.

This was the statement of a dev about the placing explosives on vehicles:

Does the same go for uniform changing?

They devs have said that anything before Oct 2012 isn't "ArmA 3". The entire game and scope of the game was restarted at that point and all previous artwork, screenshots, videos, quotes and anything else have no bearing on what ArmA3 is now. So any old pictures don't count and neither does the "Tactical Guide" which obviously was created long ago using resources from before the restart of ArmA 3.

This is certainly disappointing, but there's no sense in complaining about it anymore.

And yes, uniform changing was dropped long ago.

It probably also got scrapped because it didnt have priority anymore but I'm not sure.

They devs have said that anything before Oct 2012 isn't "ArmA 3". The entire game and scope of the game was restarted at that point and all previous artwork, screenshots, videos, quotes and anything else have no bearing on what ArmA3 is now. So any old pictures don't count and neither does the "Tactical Guide" which obviously was created long ago using resources from before the restart of ArmA 3.

This is certainly disappointing, but there's no sense in complaining about it anymore.

And yes, uniform changing was dropped long ago.

thnx for the info, do you have a link to were i might read about this?

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

It probably also got scrapped because it didnt have priority anymore but I'm not sure.

i believe a lot of things got scraped because of stress on the engine like the TOH flight model causing a 10+FPS loss...i was just enjoying invade the annex and started with 45 FPS with core 0 screaming at %95 :( other cores @%25 :( which is fine except that really leaves no overhead. our unit was lifted to the out skirts of town FPS dropped to 19 and i left...pretty much a nightly story :(

Against Geneva convention, so they decided to drop it.

thnx for the info, do you have a link to were i might read about this?

RoyaltyinExile mentioned it the development blogs and reveals thread (no time to dig through the 600+ pages :D )

Anyway they still should have mentioned this before releasing the alpha, because alot of people bought the game after seeing/watching/reading all the "before Oct 2012" stuff.

RoyaltyinExile mentioned it the development blogs and reveals thread (no time to dig through the 600+ pages :D )

Anyway they still should have mentioned this before releasing the alpha, because a lot of people bought the game after seeing/watching/reading all the "before Oct 2012" stuff.

Very true, alot of those videos were posted in the bf3 battle log which caught my eye :) but what makes even less sense is to sell that guide (after official game release) with alot of misinformation ...

So, at the end, I have purchased a guide not written by Bis and not referring to the state of the game.

Nice: 14 € more wasted.

I purchased the deluxe just to support Bis.

At least give me something related to Arma III....

well the confirmed features sticky best get changed then to remove some stuff that was confirmed but has been axed now ,it should be called the we want to but can't promise anything features thread.

If some of the stuff from before October 2012 got dropped, they shouldn't still be showing it using it for advertisement of the game. I see this screenshot is still on their website in the images section:

http://www.arma3.com/images/screenshots/large/arma3_screenshot_22.jpg (202 kB)

This is false advertising, when everybody saw these pictures and the video that came with it they all thought it looked great, then they got rid of it but still have them on their website. People will see this and expect that's what they'll see in the game, that's not right imo.

If some of the stuff from before October 2012 got dropped, they shouldn't still be showing it using it for advertisement of the game. I see this screenshot is still on their website in the images section:

This is false advertising, when everybody saw these pictures and the video that came with it they all thought it looked great, then they got rid of it but still have them on their website. People will see this and expect that's what they'll see in the game, that's not right imo.

What's misleading about that image? It's two MH-9's, they are in the game and all.

What's misleading about that image? It's two MH-9's, they are in the game and all.

Seriously? Is that what helicopter lights in Arma 3 look like to you? That image isn't for showing the helicopters which you can barely see, it's to showcase the lighting effects as was the video it showed them in. I'm sure you know that and you're just being difficult.

Seriously? Is that what helicopter lights in Arma 3 look like to you? That image isn't for showing the helicopters which you can barely see, it's to showcase the lighting effects as was the video it showed them in. I'm sure you know that and you're just being difficult.

I run the game on the absolute lowest settings and I've never been infront of a MH-9 with it's lights on; For all I know, that's exactly how it looks like.

New lighting effects are better, I think, they reflect what internal refractions and haloing in the human eye look like better. The ones there are more reminiscent of a cheap camera lens.

What do you mean it's false advertising? Looks exactly the same...

...oh, wait...