Sign in to follow this  
dezkit

Bohemia Studios needs to have a better PR team

The public relations in the company is very poor compared to other video game companies like Riot Games, Valve, Blizzard.

Basically I only see like two people posting in the forum: Dwarden and DnA. That's it.

Because of this poor customer-employee relationship, we the customers are always left in the dust when it comes to specific upcoming details.

Sometimes we don't want to know whether something "good" is coming, we want to know what that is specifically. A successful company has to have employees reach out to the customer about stuff. This company barely acknowledges any criticism or question when confronted, essentially ignoring the customer.

The feedback tracker is an issue too. I don't know how to make a developer to reply to my posts. It's a hit and miss. I spent good time finding some bugs and features in the game and posted them all on the tracker. 3 of the ones I submitted got reviewed. Of the 3 reviewed, 2 were left untouched and only one got resolved. The one that got resolved is very minute, minuscule in value that takes half a second to fix. The more bigger problems are left unreplied. I just want at least an acknowledgement of a developer that the issues I posted exists. The customer doesn't like being left in the dust.

In summary, I just want BI to have a better customer-employee relationship. I think it will be awesome if all employees of the company, not just Dwarden, can communicate in this forum. It feels as if all the other employees are too lazy, or are just afraid of posting anything because the CEO might fire them for leaking. I don't know what the issue here is, but all I know is that I love BI with my heart and will continue to support it.

Thanks for reading.

Basically I only see like two people posting in the forum: Dwarden and DnA. That's it.

Now i very rarely reply/post replies or get involved with posts like this!

But but - stop talking complete bollocks!!!

Hello Dezkit,

Well, not true. Plenty of devs besides DnA and Dwarden post in the forums. For example, Pettka, Moricky, RoyaltyinExile, Vespa, neokika, etc.

As for the feedback tracker issue, it's a matter of available man power. Take note that the mods on the tracker are a mix of developers and volunteers.

Additionally, the entire dev team behind A3 was about 70 people and most of those were on the production side. The marketing communication side had very few people.

With this I am going to close the thread. If any of the devs would like to respond feel free to re-open it.

The public relations in the company is very poor compared to other video game companies like Riot Games, Valve, Blizzard.

Because of this poor customer-employee relationship, we the customers are always left in the dust when it comes to specific upcoming details.

Sometimes we don't want to know whether something "good" is coming, we want to know what that is specifically. A successful company has to have employees reach out to the customer about stuff. This company barely acknowledges any criticism or question when confronted, essentially ignoring the customer.

The feedback tracker is an issue too. I don't know how to make a developer to reply to my posts. It's a hit and miss. I spent good time finding some bugs and features in the game and posted them all on the tracker. 3 of the ones I submitted got reviewed. Of the 3 reviewed, 2 were left untouched and only one got resolved. The one that got resolved is very minute, minuscule in value that takes half a second to fix. The more bigger problems are left unreplied. I just want at least an acknowledgement of a developer that the issues I posted exists. The customer doesn't like being left in the dust.

In summary, I just want BI to have a better customer-employee relationship. I think it will be awesome if all employees of the company, not just Dwarden, can communicate in this forum. It feels as if all the other employees are too lazy, or are just afraid of posting anything because the CEO might fire them for leaking. I don't know what the issue here is, but all I know is that I love BI with my heart and will continue to support it.

Thanks for reading.

i'm sorry to disagree but ...

Maruk (CEO, Marek Spanel)

DnA (Joris)

RoyaltyInExile (Jay)

Pettka

Dazhbog

DarkDruid

Dram

Dr.Hladik

Googlava

Hlavac

Jezuro

Johny

Klamacz

Mirapa

Moricky

Neokika

Placebo

Smookie

Suma (Ondrej Spanel)

Vespa

Zipper5

Zguba

are posting regullary and there're many other i missed who don't post that often ....

if you spent more time here on forums (some year) you would know

Edited by Dwarden

I think OP just needs to realize that the folks doing it are doing a great job, and that they have a LOT on their plates. You can't be everywhere at once, although as shown above Dwarden tries to disprove this assertion.

From what I understand they are planning on expanding and it would appear possibly in a few different ways which would ease the burden on the current staff and provide even more support and information.

But also keep in mind that rapidly expanding companies NEED to take the time to make the RIGHT decisions, especially when something as near and dear as Arma is at stake.

From my perspective, I see a LOT more developers posting here, and offering advice or replying to PM's here than at any other gaming or other company I've ever dealt with.

The open spirit of sharing and community here seriously warms my heart.

Just think... a game about war would make me want to hug everyone.

Arma: This is War(ming my heart)

BI is probably the most involved company I've ever seen. They do drop by the forums all of the time & even help people with code. Also, do you realize how many duplicates there are on the feedback tracker? Not to mention how much requests overall that they see everyday. It's a small team... atleast you do have a feedback tracker. Atleast they let you have an opportunity what so ever in the dev process. Your submitted ticket got reviewed by a developer...

How many other games have you played where one of your personal ideas was reviewed by a dev?

I think BI's PR is just right. I mean, pulling big publicity stunts and things like that wouldn't make too much sense, as the core customer base basically stays up to date anyway and knows where to get the information. A lot of people I still remember from OFPEC have been with the ArmA series since the very beginning with OFP: CWC, myself included. And pretty much all of the people who are following the ArmA games or are showing an interest in the games seek out the specific forums to get their information. Big PR and huge marketing are for companies that don't have a specialized niche market and need to rely on having a constant presence in the media to get their products sold.

You break my heart :sad_o:

....and DnA.

Who is insulting people left and right, not realizing his smug behaviour does neither him nor his employer any good.

Who is insulting people left and right, not realizing his smug behaviour does neither him nor his employer any good.

I looked at DnA's profile, and all of his posts since September 2nd have been either about updates they are putting out, reasons why they weren't able to update on a given day and acknowledgements of community feedback. So since three days before you even registered there is no trace of him "insulting people left and right".

I looked at DnA's profile, and all of his posts since September 2nd have been either about updates they are putting out, reasons why they weren't able to update on a given day and acknowledgements of community feedback. So since three days before you even registered there is no trace of him "insulting people left and right".

Im sorry, I confused him with "DM", who is currently raiding every thread critical about ArmA 3.

While he is only working for Bisimulations, its still not appropriate behaviour for someone affiliated so closely to Bohemia.

Considering the thread has already resulted in confusions to the extent that the project lead has been accused of insulting people I think this has gone on far enough. Joris is a sweetheart, he sleeps with puppies and bunnies, and not in a sexual way, well mostly not.