Sign in to follow this  
tom.tucka

Vistor Problem

Hello Guys

so i have set out to create a new map based off Stanford Training Area, this will not be geographically correct as this is my first ever map but maybe in the future

now i keep geting a error while trying to import my maplegend.png

maplegenderror_zps531ef8ee.jpg?t=1379165441?677

and here is the Layers.cfg setup and my folder setup

layerscfgandfolder_zpscf364e32.jpg

Thanks

Tom

Tried that and its still not working any ideas

Well your notepad file says p:\trs_stanta and everything in your layers config is pointing to p:\trs_stanata

Double check your paths and make sure everything matches up

okay so i sorted that problem and now when the bar runs visitor just crashes i have also tried running it as admin but my P:\ doesn't show up

Vistorerror_zpseb1f9fab.jpg

Edited by Tom.Tucka

More than likely something's wrong with your layers config. Also as you noticed the tools don't run so well in admin mode. Post your layers config so we can take a look.

Layers.cfg

class Layers
{

class grass
 {
texture = "p:\TRS_stanta\data\TRS_grass_detail_co.paa";
material= "p:\TRS_stanta\data\TRS_grass.rvmat";
 };
};

class Legend
{
 picture="p:\TRS_stanta\source\mapLegend.png";
 class Colors
 {

grass[]	= {{0,255,0}};

};
};

Drop the "P:\" part from all paths... eg:

texture = "TRS_stanta\data\TRS_grass_detail_co.paa";

Of course, make sure there really IS a folder called "TRS_stanta" on P:\... with the specified files in the specified subfolder...

If you actually have a Tag or Namespace folder called "TRS" on P:\, with the "stanta" project folder inside, then your path should be something like....

texture = "TRS\stanta\data\TRS_grass_detail_co.paa";

... which is the more usual arrangement...

Also check the format of your Sat & Mask files just in case - the most common cause of an outright crash at import Sat & Mask stage is a Sat or Mask which isn't the correct format...

.PNG format - RGB 24bit (8bit per channel) - No Interlace

B

Okay so i got working, the problem was in project preferences.

my new problem is when i start bulldozer it says

No entry '.CfgWorlds'.

and then it says

Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data?) 

could anybody help on this

i have the most up-to-date tools and i also followed those tuts

EDIT: Okay so its working now thanks for the help guys

Edited by Tom.Tucka

Okay so now when i go to do this

Tools >> Roads and do all the settings and add the road in vistor comes up with a error saying

Object doesn't follow requirements for road object (are there all named points present?)

this happens for multiple roads and non that i have tried work

Okay so now when i go to do this

Tools >> Roads and do all the settings and add the road in vistor comes up with a error saying

Object doesn't follow requirements for road object (are there all named points present?)

this happens for multiple roads and non that i have tried work

That section is for creating roadnets. I think you may be better off adding the roads to the artificial objects list and using homer Johnson's road tool to lay your roads.

In order for the Visitor road tool to work properly, it needs special road models with "memory points" or "snap points" which lock the sections neatly together end-to-end...

Unlike all the rest of the game models you unpack to P:\CA for use in Visitor, you can't do that with the road models, since all those models are binarized, and embedded snap points don't work with binarized models...

So - as part of the Tools package, Visitor also installs special unbinarized road models - with the snap points in position, for use with the road tool...

You should first make sure you DO have these unbinarized road models in place... In P:\CA\Roads2 - doubleclick any road model .p3d - if it actually opens in Oxygen you're good to go - if it says its a binarized model you need to look at your P:\ drive setup...

The next problem - probably the more likely one, is that although BI included a lot of road models, not all of them actually work! :( - theres a fair few with no snap points included... these will throw an error like above if you try to install them in the roadtool...

If you check out the "Resources & Tutorials" section of my website, you should find "Alliex's Roads Tutorial"... It's an old tut, and a little... rambling... at times, but it explains which road pieces work and which don't and the basics of installing and using them.....

B

In order for the Visitor road tool to work properly, it needs special road models with "memory points" or "snap points" which lock the sections neatly together end-to-end...

Unlike all the rest of the game models you unpack to P:\CA for use in Visitor, you can't do that with the road models, since all those models are binarized, and embedded snap points don't work with binarized models...

So - as part of the Tools package, Visitor also installs special unbinarized road models - with the snap points in position, for use with the road tool...

You should first make sure you DO have these unbinarized road models in place... In P:\CA\Roads2 - doubleclick any road model .p3d - if it actually opens in Oxygen you're good to go - if it says its a binarized model you need to look at your P:\ drive setup...

The next problem - probably the more likely one, is that although BI included a lot of road models, not all of them actually work! :( - theres a fair few with no snap points included... these will throw an error like above if you try to install them in the roadtool...

If you check out the "Resources & Tutorials" section of my website, you should find "Alliex's Roads Tutorial"... It's an old tut, and a little... rambling... at times, but it explains which road pieces work and which don't and the basics of installing and using them.....

B

Okay so done that and wheni get to this part

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t663/tomtucka/Screenshot_1_zpse543a247.png (367 kB)

i go onto my vistor click add and the box is empty?? any ideas?