Sign in to follow this  
Metall

Lamps/lights such as street lights, small lamps, big lamps e.t.c. Gone from editor?

Hello,

im trying to find out where all the placeable lamps/lights disappeared in editor after full release.

During the alpha/beta phase I was able to in editor (if I remember it correctly) go to EMPTY>Objects and somewhere there were a whole bunch of various streetlights/lamps, halogen lamps, area lights, cool looking construction-site-like lamps/lights and now looking through the whole editor theres nothing but chemlights.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I looking in the wrong place? or were the lights/lamps indeed removed?

(was going to build a little start point in my night mission, and wanted to add some lighting to the area with street lamps and whatnot)

Any ideas?

These are hidden from the editor for whatever reason. You can still spawn them though:

_lamp = createVehicle ["Land_LampStreet_F", getPos player, [], 0, ""];

ugh, just found this and it still seems to be the case? how to find the names? is there a way to unhide them in the editor?

they were disabled due to the issue with overlapping dynamic lighting :/

ugh - so we get no add in lights? is there a bug submitted on this? camping lanterns work.

ugh - so we get no add in lights? is there a bug submitted on this? camping lanterns work.

Given the two methods above, how did you arrive at that conclusion?

Given the two methods above, how did you arrive at that conclusion?

huh? OK, let me clarify. so we get no add in lights with the built in editor and I have to use a 3rd party software? camping lanterns are place able, do they also interfere with dynamic lighting? if so, why are they in the editor? if not, why do the other addin lights interfere with dynamic lighting and the camping lantern does not? can the rest of them not be fixed like the camping lantern?

I will check out CJTF101. thx guys.

CJTF101 is not "third party software". It's a very light-weight Arma 3 addon that unlocks all hidden objects in the editor. Have fun!

not to argue, but if BIStudios did not publish it with or for the game it is third party software - addon or not.

no worries, I will give it a try. do the lights actually interfere with dynamic lighting? what exactly does that mean?

not to argue, but if BIStudios did not publish it with or for the game it is third party software - addon or not.

no worries, I will give it a try. do the lights actually interfere with dynamic lighting? what exactly does that mean?

3rd party suggest that it is an external program (like Six Launcher), an addon is internal software/code that runs inside arma.

Anyway, I used streetlights just a few days ago and did not notice any dynamic lighting issues... other then that lights sometimes flicker from long distance (strobe effect).

"Software" typically refers to executable code, but I guess the textbook definition might include something like a config (which is all CJTF101 Editor is).

I've never had serious problems with placing lights in A3, but in A2 using too many could cause issues such as lights flickering/not working, including lights that were native to the terrain. I expect the same is true in A3, but I guess I haven't used enough lights to cause these problems.

yeah I used CJTF101 last night. adds some good stuff. it did not seem the lights I wanted were in it, will go post in that thread as I am currently adding them in with a script. did not see any ill effects.

yeah I used CJTF101 last night. adds some good stuff. it did not seem the lights I wanted were in it, will go post in that thread as I am currently adding them in with a script. did not see any ill effects.

Did you look in Empty > +Civilian?

*edit* - OK, I see you are looking for the portable worklights. It seems CJTF101 Editor is indeed missing a few objects.

Edited by Harzach

so of course "Objects (Lamps)" is in the Zeus editor, but still not in the 2D editor :mad:

so of course "Objects (Lamps)" is in the Zeus editor, but still not in the 2D editor :mad:

There is however a campinglight with integrated fly zapper.

A small campinglight that has more illumination then streetlights, flashlights and carlights. You can light up a whole base with a few campinglights.