Sign in to follow this  
-ami- mofo

spawning a vehicle using this very simple script (that I found)

Hello guys, I'm up to making my third mission and now want to spawn soldier/s and vehicle/s via triggers rather than just pre-placing them on the map.

I don't know scripting one bit so I searched on you tube and found this which is very simple (needs to be) and which spawns an enemy soldier on a marker (named spawn1) via a trigger...

You just put this in the triggers on act and set detected by blufor.

GroupOne_X = Creategroup EAST; "O_Soldier_F" createUnit [getMarkerPos "spawn1",GroupOne_X,"this allowFleeing 0",random 1, "Private"]; 

Now I worked out how to spawn multiple soldiers on the marker but I have no idea how to modify the line to spawn a vehicle.

I tried

GroupOne_X = Creategroup EAST; "[b]O_MRAP_02_hmg_F[/b]" createUnit [getMarkerPos "spawn1",GroupOne_X,"this allowFleeing 0",random 1, "Private"];

but that didn't work, nothing spawned at all. I also tried changing the createUnit to createVehicle but that just gave me an error. Remember I'm totally guessing as I have no clue. Derrrrr

Could somebody please show me the amended code for getting the vehicle to spawn?

Thanks very much.

// spawn 2 dudes
GroupOne_X = [getMarkerPos "spawn1", EAST, ["O_Soldier_F", "O_Soldier_F"]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
{_x allowFleeing 0} forEach units GroupOne_X;

// spawn an MRAP too
mrapSpawn = [getMarkerPos "spawn1", 0, "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F", EAST] call bis_fnc_spawnvehicle;
MRAP = mrapSpawn select 0;
MRAPcrew = mrapSpawn select 1;
MRAPgroup = mrapSpawn select 2;
{_x allowFleeing 0} forEach units MRAPgroup;

Though if you want an Ifirt and a few guys you could just do this:

GroupOne_X = [getMarkerPos "spawn1", EAST, (configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East" >> "OPF_F" >> "Motorized_MTP" >> "OIA_MotInf_Team")] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
{_x allowFleeing 0} forEach units GroupOne_X;

Excellent thanks so much kylania that works perfectly :)

May I trouble you with one more question?

I though "why not try doing this from a .sqf file in my mission\scripts folder"...

So I added a spawn1.sqf file to my mission\scripts folder and put in the same code that worked in the on act of the trigger. Then I just changed the wording in the trigger on act to null0 = this execVM "scripts\spawn1.sqf";

But nothing happened. So did I do something wrong? Or is this type of code only suited to calling directly from a trigger?

Thanks again.

Make sure your mission is *.sqf and not *.sqf.txt. See

for the difference and how to fix it.

Also if you're calling this from a trigger you'll definitely want to use a script. Also include this at the top so that only one set of dudes gets spawned:

if (!isServer) exitWith{};

Additionally since you're not passing anything to the script, you can ignore the 'this' and just call the script as:

_null = [] execVM "scripts\spawn1.sqf";