Sign in to follow this  
Robertqx

Does this gametype exist?

Hi everyone,

I'm a first-time Arma player who bought the beta a few weeks ago after becoming fed up with the Battlefield franchise. First I'd just like to mention that I really like Arma and appreciate the focus on realism and think the game is quite fun, and so far don't miss Battlefield at all.

However, I have been playing the popular Invade and Annex gametype recently, before realizing today that you are actually only playing against bots, rather than actual human players.

I really like the Invade and Annex game type, but it just isn't that fun to me to know I'm playing against AI. I'd much rather play a similar game against human players (particularly one where you can basically kit out with the ammo crate, and then go on missions like capture or destroy).

As of now I haven't seen this type of mod and I'm wondering if it exists out there, or is likely to be made if not?

In essence, I'm looking for a game type where you have Blufor and Opfor both composed of human players, carrying out strategic missions like capture the city or destroy the asset, where you can also select your own specific ammo loadout.

Does anything like that exist yet? Is it likely to?

But for mp mission he have to find the one with other player, you know, maybe the mission is done, but there is no one to play. or maybe even a server to join

TvT Domination is one such mode (I&A ripped Domi off, actually), but I don't think Arma 3 has had one made

TvT Domination is one such mode (I&A ripped Domi off, actually), but I don't think Arma 3 has had one made

Not ripped off, but similar ideas.

Hi everyone,

I'm a first-time Arma player who bought the beta a few weeks ago after becoming fed up with the Battlefield franchise. First I'd just like to mention that I really like Arma and appreciate the focus on realism and think the game is quite fun, and so far don't miss Battlefield at all.

However, I have been playing the popular Invade and Annex gametype recently, before realizing today that you are actually only playing against bots, rather than actual human players.

I really like the Invade and Annex game type, but it just isn't that fun to me to know I'm playing against AI. I'd much rather play a similar game against human players (particularly one where you can basically kit out with the ammo crate, and then go on missions like capture or destroy).

As of now I haven't seen this type of mod and I'm wondering if it exists out there, or is likely to be made if not?

In essence, I'm looking for a game type where you have Blufor and Opfor both composed of human players, carrying out strategic missions like capture the city or destroy the asset, where you can also select your own specific ammo loadout.

Does anything like that exist yet? Is it likely to?

try blitzkrieg missions by PVP scene (.kju) are close to your taste

Not ripped off, but similar ideas.

it doesn't really matter in the end, who ripped who off. which mode introduced the radio tower/camps mechanic with main objectives being towns? Evolution or Domination? maybe some other mode from OFP times? the fact remains: before being asked to rename their mission the people behind I&A had named their Arma 3 mission "Domination".

it was a deliberate attempt to deliver Domination to Arma 3 as soon as possible without speaking to Xeno first. so in my eyes everything is crystal clear.

and when you say "similar ideas" you're downplaying it really. I&A is a carbon copy of Domination and Evolution

Try warfare, even shitty commander mode in BF4 cant compare with it. (and it will be superior, if the secops -or whatever- not broken)

TvT Domination is not quite good for PvP environment, I prefer Valhalla instead.

Thanks. I've recently been playing the Becti CTI game mode and really like it. Though I wish it were a little more comprehensive and didn't have the monetary system for upgrading ... I'd really like to just select my kit at a base and then take heli or vehicle transport to the AOs ... just more fun to me and results in better and IMO more realistic gameplay ... after all, no armies really work via that monetary system unless they are a guerilla or non-state military force I think.

Is the "warfare" a mod game mode like I&A or Becti? Haven't seen it yet on the server list.

I think depending on how complicated it is I may try to build my own game mode based on what I'd like to see in the game.