Sign in to follow this  
alleycat

Server error: Player without identity - Since A3 release

This error appears since arma3 release version. Did not happen one day before on the dev branch.

Server error: Player without identity

Almost every player that tries to connect fails. Never happens for me or some buddies I play with.

Server is a clean release arma3 install. Steam is not runnign on the server box while the server is running.

How to fix that?

The rpt

Exe timestamp: 2013/09/12 13:58:10
Current time:  2013/09/13 14:31:48

Type: Public Beta
Branch: Stable
Version: 1.00.109911

Why does it say beta when the game was installed after the full version was out

Edited by alleycat

Same issue. Have tried alot of different fixes, Non have worked...If you get any info let me know. I'll do the same

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Mange to fix it with the performance settings. The Maximum Bandwidth was lower then the minimum bandwidth

I had this problem as well on my server. I was able to run the servers I had since beta fine but any new servers I created I got that error. I managed to fix it though. If you are using TADST to launch your servers and you have more than one server make sure the Steam Port and Steam Query Port are different from the other servers. Also the Steam Port and Steam Query port's last number should be the same (e.g. Steam Port: 8766; Steam Query Port: 27016) just add one for every new server you create (e.g. the next server would have Steam Port: 8767; Steam Query Port: 27017).

Hopefully this fixes the problem for you as well or at least give you an idea on what wrong.

Thanks for the suggestions but I run TADST with the default performance settings (max band is higher) and I only run one server on that box.

You can try run Steam in offline mode on the server.. Don't idea if this issue is connected to steam and steamport/query

I have had the same problem since the ArmA 3 beta and I have not been able to solve this.

If I find any solutions I will post back

You can try run Steam in offline mode on the server.. Don't idea if this issue is connected to steam and steamport/query

The server runs remote without steam running along with it.

After some testing this problem on my end seems to be caused by steam being in offline mode and trying to connect to a dedicated server

Is this a known bug

Edited by alleycat

got the same think on dedicated server 1000+ lines of identity not found each time i log in.

any update on what causes this? or is it what fredkatz here mentioned

and are these messages harmful ?

ive been having this too sence last update, has anyone posted a ticket on this issue?

Saw this appear for the first time a few days ago. Saw this message in the RPT logs for a player that is quite active on the server. After ~20 logs of this error the server crashed. The player was not in offline mode when this occurred.

dosnt seem anyone has a fix for it... and I belive it may be a steam issue , not a BIS ..

I found soming about client not found/plater without idinity ,Happens when you setPos,getPos someone (?) (Dedicated server only).

im testing this (old)

new_veh = createVehicle ["C_Quadbike_01_F", [([color="#FF0000"]getPos[/color] player select 0) + 2, ([color="#FF0000"]getPos[/color] player select 1) + 2, 0.1], [], 0, "NONE"];
waitUntil {alive _new_veh};
_new_veh [color="#FF0000"]setDir[/color] [color="#FF0000"]getDir[/color] player;

(new)

_new_veh = createVehicle ["C_Quadbike_01_F",[([color="#FF0000"]getPos[/color] player) select 0,([color="#FF0000"]getPos[/color] player) select 1], [], 0, "NONE"];
 player moveInDriver new_veh;

this will take a bit because I have a lot of code to make like the new one then repbo it and add it to server..

any help wiuld be awesome...