Sign in to follow this  
TonyMartin

Arma 3 Retail

Is Arma 3 out in stores in Canada? I thought it came out in stores and steam on Sept 12? Well, where is it? I see it on Steam but nowhere in stores. Am I missing out on something? Will it come late or what? If someone could clarify this issue I'd be very happy. Thanks!

There is no distributor of boxed Arma 3 in Canada (well, in fact North America) at all. Unless there is someone importing European version of the game I do not think you can buy it (and very unlikely this may change anytime soon).

There is no distributor of boxed Arma 3 in Canada (well, in fact North America) at all. Unless there is someone importing European version of the game I do not think you can buy it (and very unlikely this may change anytime soon).

Hmm, Okay. Thank you for your post! :)

Hi.

There isn't much point in buying the DVD anyway as you still need to use steam for validating, updating and launching the game.

Really the DVD case will just waste a lil bit of your storage space.

Sorry I'm posting here but I can post new threads.

If I buy the retail (boxed) version and activate it on Steam, can I then download the game from Steam at a later date?

I'm just particularly worried about loosing/scratching the DVD at some point, but I would like to buy the boxed/physical version.

Thank you!

Yes, I have civ 5 boxed version and recently just rebuild/reformat my pc, reinstall steam and sure enough civ 5 is there, and reinstall directly without using the cd

Yes, I have civ 5 boxed version and recently just rebuild/reformat my pc, reinstall steam and sure enough civ 5 is there, and reinstall directly without using the cd

that is very good news as the game is £12 cheaper on amazon.co.uk than it is on steam.

I fully intend to buy the boxed version on amazon and simply activate it via steam, saving £12.

One wonders why anyone would buy it directly via steam than if they asking for £12 more ??!!

Edited by HotStuff
incorrect saving entered

Well, it is possible that they might be worried that it is not be steam-compatible, just like you or similar.

Or some who just cant be bothered to find other cheaper sources. There are times where I just do that as well though.