shark-attack

Overview picture - Dedicated server woes

Hey

I keep running into the same problem when hosting my missions on the shark dedicated server.

An error is returned each time i select any of my missions from the menu

"overview picture not found"

This only happens on my dedicated server, it dose not cause a problem with the mission and only ever happens the first time i try select the mission. If i click ok and then go back to the menu and select the same mission no error is returned.

The picture is present if i host locally or if i save to scenarios.

From description.ext

Author="shark-attack";
onLoadName="mission name";
overviewText = "do this, do that then bug out";
overviewPicture = "pictures\preview.jpg";
loadscreen =  "pictures\load.jpg";

Images are inside a folder called pictures.

I have tried with both .paa and jpeg format but i keep getting the same error.

I do not get a "not found error " with other user made mission on my server with the same setup in the description.ext

Any guidance on how to resolve this issue would be great.

Best wishes

shark !

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. When I host a client-side server (New session via in-game multiplayer browser) the picture shows perfectly, however when i start the dedicated server it says that the image was not found.

Author = "{RoC}Ficc";
onLoadName = "<mission_name>";
overviewText = "string";
OnLoadMission = "string";
loadscreen = "images\loadscreen.paa";
overviewPicture = "images\overview.paa";

Anyone with similar issues?

Am also finding the same thing. Works fine locally, dedicated server says no :(

Yeah I get this too. I guess the dedicated server just won't send any images because it might amount to several megabytes of images per client, just to view the mission listing. And sending data from the dedicated server is slow. Very slow.

I think overview picture and loading screen must be the same

overviewPicture = "overview.jpg";

overviewText = "Mission de guerilla FIA";

onLoadName = "Coop 12 - Les canons de Pyrgos";

onLoadMission="[F27] Team Arma 3<br/>FORCE27 - www.force27.com";

loadScreen = "overview.jpg";

No errors in the menu, but the overview picture is no visible in MP ( yes in SP ), and the loading screen yes for MP and SP

Have you tried using an external program to pack your missionfolder into a PBO?

I don't trust the export function, it tends to "forget" important files.

Since the mission is only downloaded after it is selected and server finishes loading it, of course you can't see the image. It's kind of a silly oversight by BIS, implementing a feature that simply can't work (or I guess it does work when you host the server non-dedicated, but who uses those for anything important? And even then, if it doesn't work for dedicated servers the interface should have been adjusted to not just give out errors and leave blank spaces).

• Like 3

mission folder are pack with CPBO ( as usual for Arma2), et we play on dedicated server

With overview picture and loading screen on the same picture, i got no error in the menu ( ex : xxx.jpg picture not found ) with overview at the MP screen on dedi server, but picture isn't visible. Overview visible otherwise

anybody found a solution to this? I have the same issue. All looks fine in preview mode but in dedicated not working

In addition to picture following parameters are also not taking affect at dedicated server

OnLoadName 

OnLoadMission

Since the mission is only downloaded after it is selected and server finishes loading it, of course you can't see the image. It's kind of a silly oversight by BIS, implementing a feature that simply can't work (or I guess it does work when you host the server non-dedicated, but who uses those for anything important? And even then, if it doesn't work for dedicated servers the interface should have been adjusted to not just give out errors and leave blank spaces).

galzohar, can you suggest a generic paa default to the game to put in place of the custom image? Just if you know about any.

Thankyou.

On 9/20/2013 at 9:52 AM, galzohar said:

galzohar has it right. if you start & then cancel the missions & then select it again you will see the "overviewPicture", as it will (if there is one) have downloaded on first selection.. Bis bug for  basic client created missions. Overview picture, jpg or paa doesn't matter, all the same problem

The DLC missions I believe already have the Overview pictures on the servers so you will see those.

There might be some complicated scripting solution, but I think as long as there is a loadscreen pic what does it matter?