Sign in to follow this  
Kolmain

Best Way to Identify Player

Hi everyone!

Whats the best way to identify a player via scripting? The playerID might change if the player reinstalls the game or creates a new profile. Is there a better way maybe a GUID?

Thanks!

Maybe I am missing something but isn't the player ID the steam account ID (steamID64)?

The only way to change it, is to use another steam account which owns the game. Reinstalling or making a new profile won't change the player ID.

Maybe I am missing something but isn't the player ID the steam account ID (steamID64)?

The only way to change it, is to use another steam account which owns the game. Reinstalling or making a new profile won't change the player ID.

No it still uses ARMA's PUID. If you make a new profile, you get a new PUID.

Are we not talking about the player ID in profile menu? Because that number is always the same for me and I made 3 profiles. Are you talking about battleye GUIDs?

No it still uses ARMA's PUID. If you make a new profile, you get a new PUID.

Are you sure about that?, as far as i know player UID in arma2 is asociated with your CD-Key, for sure. Haven't checked it yet on A3, but i guess it should be the same.

The major problem about the playerID its that can be easilly modified by hackers while battleye GUIDs are a lot of harder, if not imposible to spoof.

About retieving the GUI, there was an attemp by BI to create a new scripting command to retieve them but the command was never finished

Edited by columdrum