Sign in to follow this  
cross888

A relaistic Modern OPFOR

So whats the crack with OPFOR?

Is any one making any OPFOR units and Vehicles that would suit a modern environment.

Ideas:

Syrian Army Regulars

Peoples liberation Army

Turkish or Greek armed forces? (Cypriot crisis going hot)

Whats the gen lads?

Would be awesome to see some BMP's and Gucci hard ware like that rolling around again :)

Its not a request I'm just asking :)

But thanks for the link Brosith.

What they said, I'm afraid, Cross888. I will add though that there's actually been a PLA Infantry mod since just over two weeks after the public alpha release. :p

there not modern? :\

I like how everyone's like "THIS IS AN ADDON REQUEST DAFUQ OMGZZ!"

Just asking a question and the question was if my orrible english wasn't clear enough.

"IS any one making some modern gear or porting modern fighting vehicles in to the game".

Not really an addon request more of a comms snafu. :)

I read somewhere that the CSAT / Iran forces are indeed only placeholders. The only reason we have them is that "something" went wrong, and BIS had to release now, so they just left them.

I hope we will see an Addon like Arrowhead, but this time it should be called "Iranian Forces" or something, and deliver a nice mix of modern Soviet and Iranian vehicles.

I read somewhere that the CSAT / Iran forces are indeed only placeholders. The only reason we have them is that "something" went wrong, and BIS had to release now, so they just left them.

I hope we will see an Addon like Arrowhead, but this time it should be called "Iranian Forces" or something, and deliver a nice mix of modern Soviet and Iranian vehicles.

Is that legit? not to sound rude but do you have a source?

Yeeea, no, Iran CSAT (Forgot that countries get hurt feelings over games now) has been in the game since it was first shown at E3 in when was it, 2011? there were a bunch of screenshots of them standing around and showing off the ragdoll.

Come to think of it, nothing has really changed about the factions since the game was first announced back in may 2011 apart from Iran becoming CSAT and the US Special forces becoming NATO and the MX replacing the Mk20 and CSATs T100's railgun being removed, otherwise all the units, vehicles, even the terrain apart from some small changes look the same model and texture wise since 2011, kinda makes me wonder what the BI 3D artists have been working on for the past 2 years excluding the AAF/FIA and their gear but that's not nearly 2 years worth of work...

Edit: Screenshots in question: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/19/arma-3-announced-releasing-summer-2012-first-screenshots/ (And laughable recommended specs)

I'm more than sure that you'll see Russian units in A3 very soon, along with weapons and vehicles. there are at least two mods in development that will cover that. unfortunately, one of them will change the game mechanics as well

There were hidden russian textures supposedly in the alpha, but I doubt theyll be changing anything.

So whats the crack with OPFOR?

Is any one making any OPFOR units and Vehicles that would suit a modern environment.

RHS is. as always

There were hidden russian textures supposedly in the alpha, but I doubt theyll be changing anything.

They actually seemed to have added more Russian stuff in the release. As well as "Military Cap(Russia)" they also seemed to have added gear in Flora (Russian camouflage), which is promising.

Yea, Russia looks to be playing as the Raven PMC.

RHS is. as always

I hear that the RHS lads aren't releasing right away although there is things modeled and textured ready I hear there just waiting for the Phys X Gen.

Al thou I'd love to see some BMP's and Russian Troops right away.

Personally I think the Russia angle has been done to death, I'd love to see somebody make some Syrians like Combat missions Shockforce or what not.

But I wouldn't complain if some of the high quality gear that comes out of RHS gets in to arma sharpish :)

I hear that the RHS lads aren't releasing right away although there is things modeled and textured ready I hear there just waiting for the Phys X Gen.

Al thou I'd love to see some BMP's and Russian Troops right away.

But I wouldn't complain if some of the high quality gear that comes out of RHS gets in to arma sharpish :)

Why would you complain for something you get for free?

Is not gonna be sharpish, we are waiting for new tools to get the vehicles ported (and i personally am waiting for the same tools to get new vehicles in).

RHS is. as always

i've looked on their website. very high quality units. it's just a shame they seem to have based the proportions off of a high school baskeball player. super scrawny.

I'm more than sure that you'll see Russian units in A3 very soon, along with weapons and vehicles. there are at least two mods in development that will cover that. unfortunately, one of them will change the game mechanics as well

There are Russian textures in the game already (CSAT Uniform, AAF camo, Russian flag) as well as a Raven Security vest (it atleast used to be Russian, might still be, or might be Greek. Not sure since the camo pattern for them and AAF is so similar. The cap is more yellowish than the AAF/Russian camo). They also have a black protector helmet (CSAT helmet but black).

Pretty much it's at least a private security contractor. Not sure what role they will have in the campaign though.

Why would you complain for something you get for free?

Is not gonna be sharpish, we are waiting for new tools to get the vehicles ported (and i personally am waiting for the same tools to get new vehicles in).

I can't see where I'm complaining could you point it out for me?

If you're referring to me saying the Russians as the "badguys" is getting old then I don't know what to say?

Its not going to be sharpish you say? I see my internet humor is wasted here.

Edited by Cross888

I can't see where I'm complaining could you point it out for me?

If you're referring to me saying the Russians as the "badguys" is getting old then I don't know what to say?

Its not going to be sharpish you say? I see my internet humor is wasted here.

I think maybe he's saying you're complaining about the futuristic 2035-era OPFOR...

And the reason people, including me, are saying this is an addon request is because you are asking if anyone is making a modern-day OPFOR mod. That also classifies as an addon request.

I think maybe he's saying you're complaining about the futuristic 2035-era OPFOR...

And the reason people, including me, are saying this is an addon request is because you are asking if anyone is making a modern-day OPFOR mod. That also classifies as an addon request.

It's nice to see there's a language barrier between the Russians - Brits - US.

When arguably two of those nationality speak the same language..

Its not an addon request if it was an addon request I'd say

"Will somebody please make some modern day OPFOR"

"could somebody make some more M4's ARMA3 doesn't quite have enough".

Those are requests.

I said:

"Is any on making some modern OPFOR?"

That's an inquiry an inquiry that one person asnwered "PUFU" with the RHS stuff.

I responded with basically saying in UK Mil Slang translation:

"Cool that should be great as the RHS stuff is usually really good, shame that PHYS X is slowing you guys down".

Muchas Gracias, I'll be here all week.

Edited by Cross888

Three pages of a thread basically being a question easily answered if one took the effort to simply browse through this forum section and check for himself? Strange new times...