Sign in to follow this  
disco.modder

Photoshop .PAA plugin

Hi,

Im having difficulties trying to get some of my reskins to work in-game. It seems like Im having issues with the way the texture files are being saved.

With the plug-in found here, I have been saving it with 'Autodetect' format, generate 8 mip-map boxes and no extra effect filters.

Textures just wont load up in-game.

Anything Im doing wrong here?

you could open the file up in texview2 save it as a .tga and the open that up in PS do what you want, then resave as a .tga open that up in texview2 and the save a a .paa thats what i do simple and fast

See the many warnings elsewhere ..... Don't use the old paa plugin, it creates bugged textures.

They may look fine, but normal game engine stuff can stop working.

Thanks boys, the textures work fine now. I instead have another issue that the skins for the .p3d are not pointing to the proper directories.

Using texview2 to convert it to .tga and back to .paa seems to be the best solution for now.

Cheers.

I have been saving it with 'Autodetect' format
This works fine 4 me!
you could open the file up in texview2 save it as a .tga

The TGA 'work around' takes even more time to complete and sinds with binarized model its all you can use its so much work!

Don't use the old paa plugin
What is wrong with the Kegetys plugin i think you ment? I've been using almost every day :)
Thanks boys, the textures work fine now. I instead have another issue that the skins for the .p3d are not pointing to the proper directories.
you need to change the path to the tex. in the model (with moveobject), use hidden texture selections (via config.cpp) or replace the old org. pbo file. It all depends on what you want to do.

larsiano, can you tell me if there's a way to make .paa plug in works on 64bit OS ? I had no problems with it since I was on 32bit OS, but now I do have them. Converting textures from .paa into .tga takes me a lot of time, so I really hope that there's a solution.

Photoshop gives you both a 32bit and a 64bit installion (two programs). so if you use the 32bit version / icon and in that folder (program files (x86)) is the paa.plugin. it works fine!

Gnat;2502235']Requote

Because I've been around these forums and addon making longer than you guys ......

See the many warnings elsewhere' date=' [b']don't use the old paa plugin[/b], it creates bugged textures.

They may look fine, but other people will spot the problems and complain for sure. Normal game engine stuff will stop working. Shadows just for one .....

I tried to launch 32bit application, but it didn't work. So I removed it long time ago.

64bit has the preference yes but if not available 32 will have to do and ArmA is all i use PS for anyways. Reinstalling will only take 3 minutes!

Gnat;2502235']See the many warnings elsewhere ..... Don't use the old paa plugin' date=' it creates bugged textures.

They may look fine, but normal game engine stuff can stop working.[/quote']

So is there a working .paa plugin for Photoshop?

Sure, very easy solution. Export from PS as TGA, open with texview, save as .paa

Or, if using A3 tools, then use imagetopaa. It converts tga, png, and jpg