Sign in to follow this  
EMSI

CSLA for A2:CO (with campaign '89)

Hi Mirek,

we have the serious reasons why we are not able to do it.

And please, don't ask for these reasons (some of them are serious secrets). :)

Sorry.

Oh yeah Secrets:j:

Simple "NO because we dont want to" would be enough.;)

It is incredibly sad for me to hear there wont be a second campaign and more stuff. I enjoyed the CSLA mods for years, since days of OFP and ARMA 1 (which i still play), and about no content for arma 3 i could care less, its not the right platform for this kind of mod. All the best for you guys in the future!

great mod and campaign thanks.

only one issue with mod (and also with some other mods such cold war rearmed mod!)

the commander MG on tanks rotate as gunner turns!

and another thing, I'm just stuck on one of campaign missions which must find mayor of berezino, I searched whole are such that train end line with some enemy units and parked vehicles but couldn't find him.

please give some hint where can I find him.

thanks again and sorry for my english

great mod and campaign thanks.

only one issue with mod (and also with some other mods such cold war rearmed mod!)

the commander MG on tanks rotate as gunner turns!

and another thing, I'm just stuck on one of campaign missions which must find mayor of berezino, I searched whole are such that train end line with some enemy units and parked vehicles but couldn't find him.

please give some hint where can I find him.

thanks again and sorry for my english

Mayor of berezino

Is hidden inside PUB near square with tank statue. Building is guarded by paratroopers.

Thanks I found him there but second task which was destroying ammo depots didn't end mission although I completely destroyed both ammo depots so I had to end mission using "endmission" cheat code!

Hey guys,

First off I have to say "Wow." You guys have created an incredible mod here with some amazing attention to detail and an extremely high bar set for what can be considered a high quality mod. In fact, out of all of the mods out there for ArmA 2, I have to say this one is tied for first place as my favorite with CWR2. I say its a tie only because CWR2 brings back the old campaign I grew up playing on OFP on my parents computer when I was younger. You guys take the cake when it comes to diversity and originality however, which are two things that are hard to come by with even the top mods out there for ArmA 2.

Unfortunately, I have run into a problem recently with CSLA. I've had CSLA on my PC for about a year now and things ran great for about 75% of that year. Recently, an ugly bug has reared its head. Any time I load CSLA, no matter the load order, certain assets such as tanks, helis, aircraft, and various vehicles all are spawned with various backpacks, jerry cans, machine gun mounts scattered around them in a circle. This bug unfortunately only affects CSLA objects and none of my other mods are affected. Just to clarify, any time I place an Mi-8, or an M60A3, or just about any other vehicle that comes in the pack anywhere on a map, there will certainly be scattered around the vehicle in a circle quite a few packs, machine gun mounts, jerry cans, etc. Now I am no stranger to debugging a bug. I have tried uninstalling the mod, reinstalling it, uninstalling it again, reinstalling with v2.25, messing with the load order, running ArmA 2 with all mods inactive (including BIS expansions) except for CSLA, and still, nothing seems to fix the problem. I've spent hours scouring the internet for an answer to this problem but have found no solution. Now, I feel as if I've come to my last resort to ask the devs or some other experts with this mod for some support. I only fear that this mod has been inactive for too long and my question may remain unanswered. Hopefully someone can prove me wrong :).

Hey guys,

First off I have to say "Wow." You guys have created an incredible mod here with some amazing attention to detail and an extremely high bar set for what can be considered a high quality mod. In fact, out of all of the mods out there for ArmA 2, I have to say this one is tied for first place as my favorite with CWR2. I say its a tie only because CWR2 brings back the old campaign I grew up playing on OFP on my parents computer when I was younger. You guys take the cake when it comes to diversity and originality however, which are two things that are hard to come by with even the top mods out there for ArmA 2.

Unfortunately, I have run into a problem recently with CSLA. I've had CSLA on my PC for about a year now and things ran great for about 75% of that year. Recently, an ugly bug has reared its head. Any time I load CSLA, no matter the load order, certain assets such as tanks, helis, aircraft, and various vehicles all are spawned with various backpacks, jerry cans, machine gun mounts scattered around them in a circle. This bug unfortunately only affects CSLA objects and none of my other mods are affected. Just to clarify, any time I place an Mi-8, or an M60A3, or just about any other vehicle that comes in the pack anywhere on a map, there will certainly be scattered around the vehicle in a circle quite a few packs, machine gun mounts, jerry cans, etc. Now I am no stranger to debugging a bug. I have tried uninstalling the mod, reinstalling it, uninstalling it again, reinstalling with v2.25, messing with the load order, running ArmA 2 with all mods inactive (including BIS expansions) except for CSLA, and still, nothing seems to fix the problem. I've spent hours scouring the internet for an answer to this problem but have found no solution. Now, I feel as if I've come to my last resort to ask the devs or some other experts with this mod for some support. I only fear that this mod has been inactive for too long and my question may remain unanswered. Hopefully someone can prove me wrong :).

I also noticed that there are many dropped backpacks around while using CSLA mod, maybe that is happening after arma 1.63 official update, as that update broke many mods and missions.

Hi guys,

unfortunately, I can confirm that this bug is caused by the bloody "steam-required" update 1.63.

We did the last update for the A2:CO in status where there was no requirement for Steam and all Gamespy game servers were available.

As we are personally now focused on the A3 engine, we will not to return back and try to fix all the issues which were caused by the last, but for SP missions + HUGE (and probably ever largest) SP campaign, not required update.

Sorry, but we have no resources to do that. Hope you understand.

emsi_salute.gif

Hi guys,

unfortunately, I can confirm that this bug is caused by the bloody "steam-required" update 1.63.

We did the last update for the A2:CO in status where there was no requirement for Steam and all Gamespy game servers were available.

As we are personally now focused on the A3 engine, we will not to return back and try to fix all the issues which were caused by the last, but for SP missions + HUGE (and probably ever largest) SP campaign, not required update.

Sorry, but we have no resources to do that. Hope you understand.

http://www.operacia.jantar.szm.sk/files/special/emsi_salute.gif

You brought a good and a bad news!

so CSLA is coming for arma 3? great!

any more news? pics? thx

Any idea if there is any way to undo the 1.63 steam update if you are using a steam copy of the game?

open steam

right click on arma 2 OA

click properties

go to beta tab

there you switch back to 1.62

but please can check after that and see is that issue with CSLA gone and tell us here?

thanks

open steam

right click on arma 2 OA

click properties

go to beta tab

there you switch back to 1.62

but please can check after that and see is that issue with CSLA gone and tell us here?

thanks

Wanted to let everyone know that I've reverted back to 1.62 and everything is back to normal! Thanks for the help everyone!