Sign in to follow this  
EMSI

CSLA for A2:CO (with campaign '89)

Many thanks for the update. I've had no time to play for many months due to RL issues but I'm looking forward to playing with this & other great A2/CO mods soon.

Campaign looks great, I really appreciate the huge effort in not only the mod itself but in providing so much SP content. Kudos to all involved!

:respekt:

Orc

Just another reminder ...

After the installation of the latest release of our Mod, you can find in the core directory (@CSLA) another bonus stuff.

Complete Ready-To-Print DVD cover (or its partial version - separated front and back pages) in ENG and SK localization.

CSLA_for_A2CO_complet_EN_small.jpg

I have a question or two. Do the AFMC ammo crates work for anyone? I have done a lot of tests, no other mods running, and cannot get access to an AFMC crate on the ground (infantry, airborne, or any other type). When I put down a CSLA crate, those work perfectly fine.

Related to that, none of the dressing or aid stations for either faction seem to work. Only the standard BIS aid stations work. Wondered if this was a known problem, or what's going on for me.

Strange, because everything works fine. I can confirm that, becasue we are playing our MP sessions also with AFMC faction - we are using the same and latest version of Mod as been released (v2.26).

AZCoder you are not alone ;) I have the same problem. I checked this 2 min ago. But i rember that in 2.25 i had many smal bugs that mod team could not recreate, they didnt have them.

Ps. Tested on Arma 2 CO v1.62 without betapatch. No other mods enabled only CSLA mod.

Edited by tom3kb

I can always populate any non AFMC ammo box with AFMC gear, so I can work around it in any case. Thanks for letting me know that I'm not crazy, tom3kb.

Also I should mention, in earlier versions of the mod, I had an AFMC box that would not work until after the player joined a group, then it worked fine. Hmmm. I will have to test that after work. There is also an extra line in the AFMC ammo box base class that is not present in the CSLA (or BIS) ammo box classes, it sets the side to unknown. Possibly related, don't know.

Those issues are in SP and MP too, right?

I have not tried MP. I noticed it by placing a single unit down in the regular SP editor. And I remember one of my SP missions having this issue. The player starts off alone, and after he joins a group, the ammo box works. I was going to test it with groups tonight to see if there is a correlation there. I never gave it much attention before.

OK, I have tested it out in SP. If the player is part of a group with at least 2 units, then the AFMC ammo crates, aid and dressing stations all work fine! Without the team members, none of them work.

I also tried this: put down just the player unit and ammo crates, run the game, cannot access crates. Then I spawn in a friendly unit grouped to the player. Now the crates work.

Don't know if this something you might patch or not, but I did find this in the base classes of the AFMC configs for the ammo crates, aid station and dressing station:

side = TSideUnknown;

That line is also in the CSLA aid and dressing stations, and they don't work either unless you are in a multi-unit group.

I don't honestly know if that's the problem, but it's the only thing in common I found for the non-working items.

Anyway, not really a big deal since it works in groups. But if you ever do put another patch out, maybe you could look into that :)

Good report! ... but strange situation :)

I will pass this to other guys in team to look on it. I remember that in one time there was an issue with custom crates in MP (caused by engine?), but this was already fixed.

Unfortunately for A2:CO Mod will not be released any other content as we mentioned before.

@up

This will answer your question.

unfortunately ACE is not compatible with our Mod, so you need to play CSLA w/o any version of ACE.

Your question was wrong.

The correct wording is: Is the ACE compatible with CSLA?

And the answer is: No, ACE is not compatible with our Mod as is written in quotation.

Edited by EMSI

EMSI i wanted to write the same thing. ;)

1st off, this has been the best campaign I've seen in Arma, going back to flashpoint. GREAT work. I have gotten to the Brothers In Arms - High Tide sequence and am having a extremely hard time figuring out what to do. The second part, when you are commanding 3 T-72's trying to reinforce & defend Novy Sobor is extremely difficult. I have tried multiple different approaches to stopping the 12+ M1A1's and M60A3's trying to overrun the town, and noticed it takes 10+ APFSDS-T rounds to defeat just one M1A1 (even at 50 yards or less firing at the rear and sides of the target). Unfortunately, by the time I start setting up tank obstacle and gun emplacements they are already all over us. I have tried using RPG-7 / 75's and don't have any luck with those either. I even lowed the difficulty down to recruit and it seemed to get even harder, which is weird - I know. Please let me know what needs to be done to move on as I end up dead with no tanks left and still have over 5 tanks around the town. Again, AWESOME mod, my favorite by far!

Hi Mrobertnoel,

you have answer in PM.

Anyway, in the few hours we will release a very last patch for our Mod under the Arma 2: Combined Operations.

Contents of this patch will be:

• new PBO (and signature) for the SP campaign '89
  • detailed walkthrough for campaign '89 (unfortunately only in Slovak language)
  • all overview pictures from campaign in *.PNG format
  • all loading screens from whole Mod in *.PNG format

campaignFIx.jpg

INFO:

This small patch or better say fix, contains updated PBO for our SP campaign '89 which was released in the regular full release v2.26.

So, you need to have installed this latest version of our Mod for Arma 2: Combined Operations.

INSTALLATION:

Copy all content of directory @CSLA into the same directory where you have installed Arma 2 and CSLA Mod.

Usually: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@CSLA

Confirm overwrite files.

That's all for the update.

OTHER STUFF:

If you are interested in some bonus stuff, open the folder named Bonus.

Here are three subfolders:

• CSLA_89_loading_screens (contains all loading screens from campaign in *.png file format)
  • CSLA_89_other_graphics (contains few interesting graphics used in campaign in *.png file format)
  • CSLA_89_overview_screens (contains all overview pictures of all missions from campaign in *.png file format)

The last file in this fix is named "Ako_na_SP_kampan_89.pdf".

This PDF document contains very detailed walkthrough for all the missions in the campaign '89.

Unfortunately it is written only in slovak language, because major portion of our fans is from the Czech Republic and Slovakia.

But if there will be any volunteer which will help us to translate this document into the ENG or GER language, we are able to share with him the source text.

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/csla/downloads/sla-sp-campaign-89-fix-ver-2261

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27278

Enjoy!

Edited by EMSI

Fixed campaign version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (EMSI) on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Thanks Foxhound.

Hey would it be possible to release. Czech vehicles from CSLA as standalone Addon?

Hi Mirek,

unfortunately, we have serious reasons why we are not able to do it.

And please, don't ask for these reasons (some of them are serious secrets). :)

Sorry.

Edited by EMSI