Sign in to follow this  
EMSI

CSLA for A2:CO (with campaign '89)

Firstly want to thank you guys for the mod and campaing, I really like it, but i have one problem.

Im playing with A.C.E. mod and i cannot use no explosive devices, a cannot use IED, TNT and others, in action menu i press "put IED" but nothing happens, in ACE action menu there are no explosions, please help me, because i really enjoying the whole campaing.(forgive my English)

Hi Vedanho,

unfortunately ACE is not compatible with our Mod, so you need to play CSLA w/o any version of ACE.

Hi Vedanho,

unfortunately ACE is not compatible with our Mod, so you need to play CSLA w/o any version of ACE.

Oh, ok then, thank you for reply, and once again, great mod and great campaign, it brings true atmosphere in Chernarus

Thanks.

We're glad that you like it. ;)

hi again, i've downloaded the mod less a month now, but i still have this bug (Brothers in arms-On the run (script missing), just asking if u already fixed it or not), also i wanted to ask, is there one campaign [CSLA] 89 or there are separate campaigns for AFMC and FIA, because i have only [CSLA] 89. I've read here that guys completed AFMC story before Brothers in arms, so how did i missed it, if i did:))

now i'm stuck on that mission (On the run) tried to get into MI-24 but then he takes me he flies away and i'm leaving operation zone so mission failed.

There is only 1 campaign but you have 3 "paths" for Fia, Afmc and Csla.

In some missions if you finish them different you will play the rest of campaign as Afmc or Fia or Csla soldiers.

Unpbo campaign file and check Extras folder, you will find there pdf file with whole campaign structure. I will know after which mission you will have "story" for each faction.

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

You can play whole campaign 3 times to see the whole story. Or use cheat campaign to jump to each "path" and to play only the new missions. First~15 missions are always the same in each campaign version.

Oh, thats interesting, thank you for reply, by the way, was playing your campaigns too, keep doing them))

And one more thing, did they released patch to fix that "script missing" you"ve also met in "on the run" mission?

There is only 1 campaign but you have 3 "paths" for Fia, Afmc and Csla.

In some missions if you finish them different you will play the rest of campaign as Afmc or Fia or Csla soldiers.

Unpbo campaign file and check Extras folder, you will find there pdf file with whole campaign structure. I will know after which mission you will have "story" for each faction.

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

You can play whole campaign 3 times to see the whole story. Or use cheat campaign to jump to each "path" and to play only the new missions. First~15 missions are always the same in each campaign version.

What's the name of the Campaign within the campaign folder?

I remember having trouble with the extractor.

Is it called "Autumn Leaves"? And goes in Camp folder or Missions folder?

@KK

CSLA campaign '89 is in @csla\addons\csla_campaign.pbo

AutumnLeaves is user made mission for Csla. Put this mission for example in arma2\missions or arma2\missions\your folder name

@KK

CSLA campaign '89 is in @csla\addons\csla_campaign.pbo

AutumnLeaves is user made mission for Csla. Put this mission for example in arma2\missions or arma2\missions\your folder name

OK, got it taken care of, thanks.

@EMSI

Slight problem. Don't know if it's just me or other players.

Mission:

Northern Sector

Problem:

Player is loaded with Sa58Pp w/bipod.

The scope for this weapon will not work in the dark nor with NV goggles.

I have to get F4 or F5 guy to trade weapons with in order to continue.

F2 and F3 guys have same weapons as player.

Cheers

@KK

im not sure if we think about the same rifle Sa58Ppb (check in editor Marksman from Paratroopers) if yes you can take off from this rifle standard scope and bipod and attach Nspu (nvg) scope.

@EMSI

when i have this weapon and i press N in night to look through Nvg's i dont have standard Nvg look, i watch through Nspu scope, can you check if its again only my problem. :) As always nothing big.

hi again, i've downloaded the mod less a month now, but i still have this bug (Brothers in arms-On the run (script missing), just asking if u already fixed it or not), also i wanted to ask, is there one campaign [CSLA] 89 or there are separate campaigns for AFMC and FIA, because i have only [CSLA] 89. I've read here that guys completed AFMC story before Brothers in arms, so how did i missed it, if i did:))

now i'm stuck on that mission (On the run) tried to get into MI-24 but then he takes me he flies away and i'm leaving operation zone so mission failed.

Hi Vedanho,

this is already fixed, but other things needs to be reapired and modified in whole campaign.

We will release the patch as soon as will be ready.

For now, please use "endmissison" cheat.

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

OK, got it taken care of, thanks.

@EMSI

Slight problem. Don't know if it's just me or other players.

Mission:

Northern Sector

Problem:

Player is loaded with Sa58Pp w/bipod.

The scope for this weapon will not work in the dark nor with NV goggles.

I have to get F4 or F5 guy to trade weapons with in order to continue.

F2 and F3 guys have same weapons as player.

Cheers

Hi Kommiekat,

all is OK.

Once you have optics on Sa-58 you are not able to look through that optics with NV. The optics wasn't designed to be used in night - reality.

For this purpose, you need to switch your opics for Sa-58 to NSPU - it's scope with NV - reality.

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

@KK

im not sure if we think about the same rifle Sa58Ppb (check in editor Marksman from Paratroopers) if yes you can take off from this rifle standard scope and bipod and attach Nspu (nvg) scope.

@EMSI

when i have this weapon and i press N in night to look through Nvg's i dont have standard Nvg look, i watch through Nspu scope, can you check if its again only my problem. :) As always nothing big.

I don't know your current "configuration of gear", but all optics for weapons (and also NSPU) can be used as binocular - once they are not mounted on weapon.

This is our another feature.

Ok, i never used cheats in Arma, could you tell me how to do it?)(endmission cheat)

Google->arma 2 cheats (the same from OFP times ;) )

Press LShift and - from Num keybord and after this write endmission. If you do all correct mission will end (there will be text Endmission Activated or something like that).

Love the mod so far. I really like how any mod i try shows how would be the game better if people in BIS gave the game at least half the love, modders do.

But still Problems:

1. Isnt ACE compatible (thats a huge problem. How em i supposed to enjoy Arma without ACE? )

2. How do i throw ÄŒSLA grenades ? i can throw normal arma grenades but ÄŒSLA nades arent selectable.

3. explosives. Same problém arma bombs work ok but IVZ and TNT just wastes gear space. ( i actualy have option "položit TNT(4zbývá)" but when i press it character just shakes a bit, and nothing happends.

4. Viev range ÄŒSLA setts my wiev range to 500m and i have to set it back to 1200 manualy in attack on ÄŒerno. (could be random Arma bug tho.)

5. How do i use konkurs missile launcher? how do i deploy it? nothing on Scroll menu and nothing on my ACE self interaction nor the interaction menu.

6. AGS 17 and UK-59T "montáž pro UK-59T" a "Montáž pro AGS-17" a "Těžká hlaveň pro UK-59T" are good for what? I put "Granátometník AGS-17","Pomocník granátometníka AGS-17", And "nosiÄ munice AGS-17" in editor then tried to figure out how to assemble AGS-17. without any succes. Tried with and without ACE, tried even to put the "montáž pro AGS-17" on the ground then approached it with all the guys, tried to deploy it with each guy, tried to put "AGS-17" on the ground and then aprroach it with all the guys and tried to deploy it, and it didnt work. Same goes with UK-59T.

Edit:

-Managed to deploy "konkurs" launcher after few reloads of the mission the option to deploy finally appeared on MMB. Still no luck with other deployable weapons.

-If UK-59 is put in deployed in editor then it is possible to disassemble it, and then assemble it again. But if i just put The soldiers with parts for assembly in editor, then still impossible to assemble it.

Edited by Mirek

Hi Mirek,

for the first, if reporting any problem, please, try to also add info about your game configuration (like: you are playing original/not original game; game version; Mod version; other used Mods/Addons).

Else my answers are ...

1. ACE isn't compatible with CSLA. Please, try to ask their creators.

2. There is no issue with hand grenades. Try to run the Mod w/o other Mods, Addons which may cause problems.

3. There is no issue with TNT and timed bombs. Try to run the Mod w/o other Mods, Addons which may cause problems.

Note that TNT is primary assigned for "cutting" of fences and barricades and timed bombs are used to blow up vehicles, bunkers etc.

4. CSLA Mod doesn't have any function or feature to change the view range in game generally.

5. You need to assembly the weapon - you need to have all required items for assembly. Try to look here:

(I belive, here you will find a lot of answers to your questions and the bonus is, that the video is in slovak/czech language)

6. Again, please try to look here:

Edited by EMSI

Hi i tried it with ACE, and then the vanila game. Grenades and TNT works with vanila game.

5. I know how to assemble the gun. I even tried to spawn already assembled gun, dissasemble it to see all pieces needed, and then assemble it again. this worked. then i just spawned the peaces, and tryed to assemble the gun, and it didnt work.

ProstÄ› pokud použiju hotovej smontovanej kvér, tak ho můžu rozebrat a složit kolikrát chci ale pokud použiju souÄásti kvéru který pÅ™edtim nebyli složený, tak to nefunguje. Testováno s modama, i v Äistý hÅ™e.

How do you spawn the parts of unassembled weapons?

They are not available in the editor. They are available only on the assigned units (various guners + assistants).

I spawn the units with the parts offcourse.

Then you need to order them to place the items on the ground.

Then take one of the items into your gear and once you will be close to the another one, you will see option in action menu - to assembly the weapon.

This is shown in already posted video - created also for these purposes.

If it's not working, try to restart/reinstall game or reinstall Mod and run the vanilla game only with CSLA Mod.

Edited by EMSI

Hello, how many missions has a camping CSLA 89? I finished camping and I played only 28 missions(expect cut-scenes), but authors of this mod promissed about 60 playable missions? Thanks.

In campaign you have 3 "paths" for Fia, Afmc and Csla.

Unpbo campaign file and check Extras folder, you will find there pdf file with whole campaign structure. You will know after which mission you play as afmc or fia or csla.

Edited by tom3kb