Sign in to follow this  
EMSI

CSLA for A2:CO (with campaign '89)

Is A3 campaign delayed?

Don't worry, play CSLA!

Edited by Faly

No, M163 can be locked by the planes/tanks/ATs as the standard APC/tank.

But note that, that its engine must be ON, else the icon on the radar will be gray and "unlockable" (if you refer to this situation) - it's "engine feature".

Where can i find in editor bunkers from CSLA: Lo36 and that 2nd big bunker? I was searching in Empty->Field buldings etc but i can't find them. 2nd question, can we find somewhere in editor the ambient battle/combat sounds that are used in some of the missions from CSLA campaign. Maybe in triggers->effects? Cant find them.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

I found a bug with mortars, if you destroy mortar (for example with satchel charge) you can still use Disassemble option in action menu. After you put mortar 2nd time you can shoot ;) mortar is good as new with full ammo.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Bug with LAW launcher. When i take this launcher with rocket from AFMC truck, for example M1008 or M939 i can't use this launcher. Weapon is "red", i have on screen option to reload but after reloading i can't shoot, nothing helps.

Ps: i checked and i'm not try to use "LAW used" ;)

I have the same problem with rpg75 taken from cars like with the LAW.

Where can i find in editor bunkers from CSLA: Lo36 and that 2nd big bunker? I was searching in Empty->Field buldings etc but i can't find them. 2nd question, can we find somewhere in editor the ambient battle/combat sounds that are used in some of the missions from CSLA campaign. Maybe in triggers->effects? Cant find them.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

I found a bug with mortars, if you destroy mortar (for example with satchel charge) you can still use Disassemble option in action menu. After you put mortar 2nd time you can shoot ;) mortar is good as new with full ammo.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Bug with LAW launcher. When i take this launcher with rocket from AFMC truck, for example M1008 or M939 i can't use this launcher. Weapon is "red", i have on screen option to reload but after reloading i can't shoot, nothing helps.

Ps: i checked and i'm not try to use "LAW used" ;)

Bunkers are located here:

Empty -> Warfare Buildings -> Lo vz.36

Empty -> Warfare Buildings -> Bunker (big)

The ambient sounds were assigned only to be used in a campaign. They aren't available in the editor (I wasn't looking for them anytime).

"Possible" bug with mortar not confirmed - option for disassemble is present, but you can't disassemble the collection as the mortar is already destroyed.

"Possible" bugs with LAW and RPG are not confirmed - they are working well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I assume that you have something wrong with your A2:CO (or with other Mods/Addons which you are using; modified config; beta release; cracked game ... I don't know), becase these "possible" bugs (together with "possible" Sa-61 bug) were not reported by anybody.

We consistently checked all these reported things also with other cooperating users and there are no similar issues as you reported.

Anyway, if anybody will report the same issues, we will go back to them and try to dig deeply where can be problem.

In the futurte, while reporting any bug, please, add also info about the game, used Mods/Addons etc. + any demo mission showing reported bug will be very helpful.

Edited by EMSI

I have oryginal boxed version of A2 and OA. I have tested those bugs on 2 PC, only A2CO, no other mods, no betapatch. Maybe something was wrong when i download archive/instalator. I installed CSLA from that 1 download on 2 PC. Those bugs are not gamebreaking for me but good to know that you checked them :)

When i be in home i will download CSLA from few mirrors and i will reinstall the mod.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Maybe this will help.

Also thanks for the info about bunkers.

Cheers.

Boxed version? I have 2 boxed ArmA 2:CO, 1st from 2010 and 2nd from 2012. And versions of game in this boxed ArmAs are different.

@Faly

you could have only newer version of the game on dvd from 2012. And that all. ;)

ps: in Poland there was no A2:CO on dvd. We had only A2 in 2009 (v1.02) and OA(v1.52) in 2010. There was no 2in1 edition.

Hey, all my Arma is boxed. Me so happy!

Sorry, off topic.

tom3kb, why you don't ask EMSI to be his official beta tester-team member?

@KK

I don't have to be "official" betatester and i don't think team needs such a people (they have good testers in team). And i didn't do anything for the mod so i can't be team member ;). But im always trying to help as i can. I finished the campaign and i send feedback (almost all missions, all 3 "paths" of story). I found few bugs in mod but it seems they are only on my "side". ;)

tom3kb, thanks you for your feedback.

Any your remarks we will incorporate in mod. But a lot of your bugs anybody from team can't duplicate.

@Faly

no problem, as i write earlier they don't break the game for me so it's ok i can play with them. :)

Nice. :)

I'll look on it.

tom3kb, why are not those missions packed as a few PBOs or as a pack of missions in one PBO?

Easiest way is to pack them mission by mission into the editor if you don't know how to pack them together as an addon PBO.

Yes i know how to save mission as pbo file in editor. I naver did that with my missions/campaigns. ;) Its not a problem when mission is in "folder" you play the same way as in the case when mission is saved as *.pbo. Maybe if i will release updeate of all my stuff someday i will pack all missions/campaigns to pbo files.

Yes i know how to save mission as pbo file in editor. I naver did that with my missions/campaigns. ;) Its not a problem when mission is in "folder" you play the same way as in the case when mission is saved as *.pbo. Maybe if i will release updeate of all my stuff someday i will pack all missions/campaigns to pbo files.

I like to leave my Campaigns open because...........I don't know how to do that for Camps

But also, it makes it easier for others to open up and learn from it, or more importantly, pinpoint my mistakes in the missions....

As tom3kb said, it should not matter as a problem for the player..........

Best and preferred way how to distribute your work is packed PBO(s).

The reason is clear - easy installation/launching for other users.

I - as the ordinary user - want to download the pack, place it into SPMissions/Addons directory and then find those missions in SP missions menu and select-click-play.

As is also automatically written on Armaholic:

Installation:

Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead\Missions folder.

And of course, for your knowledge is easy to store them locally unpacked (the same method we are using in CSLA - private FTP).

This is very helpful at least due to making of newer versions of your missions/scripts etc.

If anybody wants to see any programming technique inside your mission, it's not a problem to ask author about the solution or I'm sure that the advanced users are using unpacking tools to see "all the stuff inside" the PBO.

Edited by EMSI

But there is no difference if you put lets say tom3kb's CSLA SP Mission Pack folder with missions saved as .pbo and if you do this when missions are in folders. You just put them in Arma 2\missions. Installation is the same just unzip archive and/or copy-paste to arma2->missions folder. All is the same, game see missions the same way. Some people like .pbo some like folders, its not a problem ;)

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

I understand your point with .pbo standard, mission/campaign saved as 1 file etc. But I still dont see anything wrong if mission is in folder. :)

Encontered bug in Operation Dynamo SP misson. After 2 hour gameplay I made all objectives and moved to extraction point (started with B... forgot name, it was on Klem hill) and after I reached it Mi-24 arrived and hover in air forever. I tried command my only surviving team mate to board Mi and it landed and we boared. Nothing happened. Mi stayed at ground. Reloaded and changed to Adam site, this time all exactly same except after we boarded (via team mate command as before) Mi at least took off into hover and misson ended. I can imagine if I am only survivor I will not be able to board helli and on that B site I was not able to end mission at all. Something buggy is there. Its very nice mission and its not good if player cant finish it after that long play.

In Operace Venkov SP after reload save game, support menu under U key is no longer available and U key works like normal next/prev team switch :( Why it cant be activated via radio command so it will work after reload?

Edited by ataribaby

Encontered bug in Operation Dynamo SP misson. After 2 hour gameplay I made all objectives and moved to extraction point (started with B... forgot name, it was on Klem hill) and after I reached it Mi-24 arrived and hover in air forever. I tried command my only surviving team mate to board Mi and it landed and we boared. Nothing happened. Mi stayed at ground. Reloaded and changed to Adam site, this time all exactly same except after we boarded (via team mate command as before) Mi at least took off into hover and misson ended. I can imagine if I am only survivor I will not be able to board helli and on that B site I was not able to end mission at all. Something buggy is there. Its very nice mission and its not good if player cant finish it after that long play.
I don't remember the conditions for ending (it was one of the first missions made for A2 Mod) but something in the back of my head telling me that all survivors must board the chopper. I will check it.
In Operace Venkov SP after reload save game, support menu under U key is no longer available and U key works like normal next/prev team switch :( Why it cant be activated via radio command so it will work after reload?
I will check it, but this was tested before release.

Are you using other Mods/Addons or you are playing only with vanilla A2:CO + CSLA?

Edited by EMSI

In Dynamo problem is heli do not land itself and just hover in air. At Klem point it stayed on ground after I ordered my only one survived team member to board and I boarded too. On Adam it ended mission. This way its impossible to board heli if you survived alone as you do not have anyone to command to board heli to force it land.

I made already version of Venkov where I replaced debug alpha radio trigger with command to open support dialog. This works 100% even after reload. AddEventHandler seems fail after reload saved game. TBH radio command even makes more sense to me.

here is my changed mission:

http://www.prekladytextu.eu/arma/csla_operacevenkov.chernarus.zip

I deactivated debug trigger and created new one with support radio call. I moved both triggers near south sea beach so you will spot em easily.

Also changed starting pos of chutes to minimize deaths on landing.

I use vanilla ARMA 2 CO + PMC/BAF/ACR. No mods, only CSLA. Its latest official released version (1.56?). No beta patches. I can provide save for dynamo where you see heli hovering and do not come down.

OK, thanks for the report.

I will look on these issues as all the campaign fixes will be done.