Sign in to follow this  
EMSI

CSLA for A2:CO (with campaign '89)

Quick question... is it safe to install over older version of CSLA or delete older version? I used Six Updater for the older CSLA version.
Just rename the new CLSA folder with anything else than the named one in WithSix (for exemple @CSLA_v2.25), so you can find it inside your local folder when you add it in WithSix, works well.

clsav225.jpg~original

Otherwise I really like the mod and the campaign so far :jump_clap:

Installer which we are using is safe and clear manually configured "unpacker" by NullSoft.

You may see everything what is extracted during the unpacking phase.

Our Mod is configured to be installed safely to the main Arma 2 folder as this folder is used for all other Mods by default.

If you don't want to use the automatic installation (copying) from any cases, just order to installation program to unpack all do files to the Desktop for example.

Then move all unpacked files manually, but keep the folder structure.

You don't need any Campaign folder for our campaign. It's packed as a standard addon - it's included in the addons directory.

The same applies for the SP missions.

I'm sure it is perfectly safe, however, I still cannot find the Campaign.

Could you tell me the Camp name I should be looking for?

Here is what I got in the CSLA Addons Folder:

csla_sp_missions

csla_sp_missions.pbo.csla

csla_mp_missions

csla_mp_missions.pbo.csla

The rest are:

afmc_air, apc, cars, men, misc, tanks, weapons

csla_afms,air, apc, artillery, cars, cfg, fia, fia_cfg, intro, men, misc, obj, ship, tanks, ui, warfare, weapons

So, as you can see, nothing about '89 nor Campaign..........:(

EDIT:

OK, unpacked the MOD to my desktop and found "csla_campaign" and "csla_campaign_pbo.csla_bisign"

BTW, truthfully, it did NOT unpack when I choose the BIS folder......I don't know why...........

Edited by Kommiekat

Quick question... is it safe to install over older version of CSLA or delete older version? I used Six Updater for the older CSLA version.
Yes, it's safe.

This release is a whole updated Mod with all previously released content.

---------- Post added at 08:33 ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 ----------

EDIT:

OK, unpacked the MOD to my desktop and found "csla_campaign" and "csla_campaign_pbo.csla_bisign"

BTW, truthfully, it did NOT unpack when I choose the BIS folder......I don't know why...........

Now it's ok.

From this reason we allowed in the installer the manual selection of destination folder.

User can follow the pre-defined address, or he will select his own and then move the files manually into their directories.

I don't know your structure of folders in Arma 2 (and how you handle with Mods), so I'm not able to write here the step-by-step manual.

Yes, it's safe.

This release is a whole updated Mod with all previously released content.

Excellent... Thank you!

@GD Mast:

No problem ;)

Just one note for the SP/MP/campaign content:

Note that some situations can require more creativity from the player's side.

I mean, sometimes is good to look into the inventory of vehicles, where can be found special backpacks.

Because some of our special features are in-game since 2008:

- driver-mechanist (vehicle repairing; since 2008)

- service backpacks (placed on the ground there are working as a repairing station; since 2010)

- medical backpacks (placed on the ground there are working as an aid station; since 2010)

- assembly of static weapons from 2-3 assigned backpacks etc.

If player will totally ignore these functionalities, he may seems that some missions are hard to play.

- addition of ammunition into infantry static weapons (MGs, GLs, ATGMs, mortars, T21) from personal inventory (take ammo from backpacks or ammo boxes and go into static weapon; since 2008)

- bandage for healing (since 2008)

---------- Post added at 07:52 ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 ----------

- and backpack with two 20l canisters refills fuel ;-) (since 2010)

Really excellent mod and campaign! The only technical problems I've encountered are with some of the cutscenes. For me some of them play a little jerky but it's not a framerate issue. I've also had occasional problems where the cutscenes become hung. They aren't freezing but occasionally whatever is supposed to happen doesn't and the scene becomes static with say a helicopter or whatever the focal point is just sitting there and the scene not ending like something didn't trigger properly. It could be an issue with some of the mods I use but aborting and restarting the mission usually fixes this so I'm not overly concerned with that. Otherwise the mod works great. I'm not that far into the campaign and so far it has been a lot of fun but I have to say that some of the missions seem overly difficult with the number of soldiers and weapons provided. I'll try not to add any spoilers by being somewhat general rather than specific but the Golova mission in particular nearly had me pulling my hair out. There were a lot of enemies to face with what I had available and it took me numerous tries to complete. Also this was a mission where failure wasn't an option. In the end after completing the first few mission objectives I had to get very creative to complete the mission successfully by taking the battle to the enemy and attacking rather than defending. It was frustrating but a lot of fun although I felt that my final actions weren't very realistic. With more resources or more time to prepare my defenses I believe that the mission could be completed more realistically. I really hope that there will be more campaigns created for this mod!

Really thanks for your opinion.

This is (your post) for us the constructive criticism which can help us to fix/change some things in whole campaign.

Really thanks for your opinion.

This is (your post) for us the constructive criticism which can help us to fix/change some things in whole campaign.

Will this release be available on 'play withsix' any time soon?

Great release, can't wait to try it out.

Edit: Six revision 10 is up - its fixed

Seems SixUpdater just updated it -great

BUT: Apart from the new missions in "mpmissions" there is a folder with some fucked up name, that contains some spoofy dlls?

Off from SU beeing unable to handle that path (2.9.7 get HTTP:500 @ "http://c1-de-4.sixmirror.com/rel/csla/.pack/mpmissions/_%C3%85%C2%A1%C3%A2%C2%82%C2%AC/advsplash.dll.gz.zsync")

There is a .bmp that seems to be from you (splash.bmp), but i guess theres something wrong with that folder name and the additional DLLS?

(@csla/mpmissions/_š€/advsplash.dll, langdll.dll, splash.bmp?)

Gave a post in SU skype group, noone online...

Will mirror the new version without that folder for the Clan for now...

looking forward to some feedback here^^

Edited by tabakhase
Six revision 10 up - its fixed

@tabakhase:

This looks like wrong update/unpacking on the SixUpdater side.

When using "clear" CSLA installer from one of the mirrors, will only contain the @CSLA Mod folder with subfolder "Addons" (with only PBOs and signs), subfolder "Keys" (with server keys) etc.

There are no DLLs and other *.bmp files except ReadMe files.

Try to contact Sickboy to clear this.

@tabakhase:

This looks like wrong update/unpacking on the SixUpdater side.

[...]

Try to contact Sickboy to clear this.

Sickboy replied in Skype, where a "manual unpacking mistake" ;D - It´s fixed! r10 thanks

Or not?, I´m getting kicked by sigcheck2, even with freshly uploaded pbo´s + keys on the server. (Own server, linux latest beta)

Happens with both, data from Six AND even you´re .exe installer - on another hand DSCheckSignatures.exe says "all fine", I´m lost...

Tried it with&without the new csla_v2.bikey installed - no difference // due without @CSLA connecting works just fine, error in here ill say.

btw. is there any NEED to make it an .exe? thats a real buff, and I guess more stopping from download then making installation easier...

Strange here. You're only one, who is reported this.

There are many "unknown variables" in the background of your problem.

Some hints:

- try to turn off all other Mods except CSLA

- try to launch Arma w/o BETA updates

- try to disable signature check (if its possible), or launch the Win server ... in the past, we disabled our private Linux server and launched Win server due to instability during longer gameplays

Anyway, our *.exe installer is nothing more than an advanced WinRAR unpacker.

Everything what's unpacked can be seen in the log window and as a proof, you can unpack the *.exe to any desktop directory.

It's clear and safe NSIS.

You don't need any DLL or EXE files to run CSLA under the A2:CO as is written in the ReadMe.

Edited by EMSI

Some hints:

- try to turn off all other Mods except CSLA

- try to launch Arma w/o BETA updates

- try to disable signature check (if its possible)

Not that ive tried these, im administering for more than a day now and work as a sysadmin ;-)

Sigcheck v1 seems ok, but as i wrote above Sigcheck v2 seems broken...

When trying the full pack and also with "nothing more than @CSLA", beta&noBeta

Funny here is "half half" cherry-picking PBOs ive got things like 'csla_ui.pbo', 'afmc_cars.pbo' or 'csla_tanks.pbo' validating just fine on v2

But for 'csla_ship.pbo', 'csla_apc.pbo', 'afmc_cfg.pbo' and many more (all that seems updated) v2 kicks me from the game on connecting...

Is that the introduction of csla_v2.bikey?

Could you consider a reSign&Pack, still I will do some more experimenting there...

Anyway, our *.exe installer is nothing more than an advanced WinRAR unpacker.

Seen that, just saying its a conversion killer for "no good reason"...

I think i found very small bug in mission Sectors. We have there 2 optional tasks: destroy T34 and 2nd Destroy AA located close to hotel. After we finish both tasks we see only half of radio messages. We don't see our part but we have message from HQ "Roger that Oktava. Good job."

I think we should also send radio message when we clear each sector in city.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

I think there is also small bug in models of soldiers from first mission (Utes). When we take Sa61 and look through ironsights (and we walk slow forward) we see some parts of model, maybe live jacket elements or something. Even if we take of that jacket there are still some elements that block our view when we move and look through ironsights. Its nothing big, i noticed that so i send feedback ;)

Thanks tom3kb.

We will look on it. ;)

Wow! A CSLA mod! I'm most impressed with the 60 missions long campaign. Thank you very much guys!

Mission Inglourious bastards. On mission start we must choose 1task from 4 in menu. When we choose Destroy fuel tanks we are "teleported" to castle ruins and our teammates stuck there, they can't move. No problems if we choose different task.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

I was also testing that "view blocking bug" if we move with Sa61 and watch through ironsights. I checked different units from CSLA,AFMC and its there, i think we see belts from uniforms. If i use m9 or m9sd i didn't see any view blocking model parts. But i think this bug is nothing big.

In the rest of missions that i played i didn't find any bugs. Awesome campaign can't stop playing.

Thanks for another reporting, but in case of campaign, please use SPOILER tags. ;)

Mission Grozovy pass.

In this mission when we clear Lopatino we can take optional task -> destroy Artillery. If we take this task HQ send to us truck with ammo, there are timebombs in this truck. If we take them they dont have icon in inventory, in backpacks they look ok. But they dont work you can put them on ground but you can't detonate them.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

1 more thing. AFMC soldiers have in inventory or in backpacks item 100g TNT. This satchel charge don't work. We have option in action menu to put that TNT on ground but we can't, they dont work. CSLA faction has working 100gTNT, AFMC units also can use CSLA's 100g TNT.

Ps: sorry for no spoilers earlier, can't change/edit this right now from my phone.