Sign in to follow this  
1para{god-father}

General Discussion on the new tools.

Apparently they'll be Steam downloads, kind of like Source Filmmaker?

Not exactly like source filmmaker, they will be in tools part of library, I guess.

Not exactly like source filmmaker, they will be in tools part of library, I guess.

Well yeah. Just downloaded off of Steam or something. I know that Fallout New Vegas put its SDK (the GECK) on tools, so it's entirely possible.

Edited by TheEvanCat

http://dev.arma3.com/sitrep-00033 More updates about the tools.

Primarily included in this first iteration are new versions of packing tools (new binarization for all the PhysX LODs e.g. / new config conversion with the new method of using arrays and all the current functionality). There also will be a new version of Oxygen 2, supporting PhysX and buoyancy LODs, together with some nice samples of models with commented configs. Visitor will not yet be added."

Gnat;2551923']I knew I was wasting time trying to get ships working for the new tools :)
In what sense?

I made a ticket for FBX support, not sure if it's on BIS's radar - I think most modders would like to see this :icon_twisted:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15917

Nice - exactly what i want :D

btw i did this ticket about buldozer http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15918 - feel free to add more things to it

In what sense?

I guess because, if you read tha siterep, they said not only that there are PhysX LOD( thing that we already knew more or less), there is also buoyancy LODs and no docu or way to work with them.

In what sense?

This :)

There also will be a new version of Oxygen 2, supporting PhysX and buoyancy LODs

As the boys above said.

Just wondering at the "wasting time" part...

Because the critical lod obviously missing ..... That's why we were all only getting very frustrated with our models.

I prefer they released some basic tools early also with bug and so on instead of use an old bugged/missing tools :p

Just wondering at the "wasting time" part...

I think he meant that he was wasting time trying to get things to work using the old tools?

I think he meant that he was wasting time trying to get things to work using the old tools?
Whereas he said "for the new tools", hence my confusion...

a proper answer would be lovely...even if that is a rough estimation

We are trying to make it as soon as possible, it makes some sense to have them still in the Adapt part, hopefully before the release of second part of campaign :icon_twisted:

We are trying to make it as soon as possible, it makes some sense to have them still in the Adapt part, hopefully before the release of second part of campaign :icon_twisted:

Loveeeeee uuuuuuuu. Thanks for a proper answer!

(SITREP #00033: ....together with some nice samples of models with commented configs.

That is exactly what i need :-)

Is there any way to tell us when it will be released?

Thanks forward !

Edited by gagagu