Sign in to follow this  
sahloknir

Steam Scenarios

Hey,

when i download a steam scenario, how can i edit it?

I mean, where can i find it, to edit it? ;D

Hope you know how i mean that :D

Sorry for my english, i'm german ;)

Regards

Have a look here: steam/userdata/somerandomnumber/ugc/referenced/somerandomnumber

Many thanks! :)

That helped me out :)

but another question, where can i find this presentation to edit it in the editor?

2013-09-13_00008o2s3v.jpg

Regards

You'll have to unpack the mission's PBO file and place the extracted folder into your Documents/Arma 3 missions folder before you can use it in the editor.

Mikero's "Eliteness" PBO tool has worked fine for me so far, just make sure to grab the latest "DePbo" .dll to put in the root folder of the Eliteness program files folder after you install it.

You can find them both at dev-heaven.net: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

Edited by Koukotsu

A little OT, but these missions you D/L from Steam, can they be taken out of the Steam folder, put into your Arma "missions" folder for them to show in game under "scenarios"?

Thanks in advance,

Mick. :)

Yes. All missions are basically the same setup except where they are loaded in the game.

You have 3 basic types of missions in the game:

1. Missions aka Singleplayer missions (loaded and seen on the main menu under sp will be found listed under scenarios)

2. Mpmissions - loaded under a given map in mp if you host a game.

3. Usermissions - (these can be a sp or mp mission but are basically unpacked (unpbo'd) files that are loaded in the editor: either sp, or mp editor)