Sign in to follow this  
jimos

Bennys warfare

Hello, im running a server using bennys warfare but i was wondering if there is any admin commands specific for the map to give money (not transfer money) For instance, some one buys a 10k scorcher some idiot on the team tks that scorcher , player now has little money to replace it, has a tantrum and rage quits the game. So to rememedy the server admin issues money to the victim to replay the scorcher. Does anyone know of any commands to do this or any way to create the command to do this, im not any good with designing missions, and i dont want to edit it anyway becuase it belongs to benny, but if anyone knows of a way it would be handy to have. But you should probably send me a reply in Pm so no one else can use the command if that makes sense.

Has Benny even given permission for his mission to be put onto Arma3? AFAIK he hasn't released it.

Not really what I asked. If the original author is having his work taken and put into Arma3 without his consent, you can't really expect the community to condone the action and tell you how to fix it. Yes?

It doesn't matter now. The servers are online and there are a lot of them. What are you gonna do? Sue them for using some1 else without legal protection work?

To Jimos: just check previous Bennys versions for Arma 2.

Not really what I asked. If the original author is having his work taken and put into Arma3 without his consent, you can't really expect the community to condone the action and tell you how to fix it. Yes?

Benny wrote the version thats being played in arma3 at the moment as a concept test and he tested it on the XR server. BECTI_0.9

Some people, myself included got on XR to get a copy of Bennys work to see what he was planning.

Myself I have hosted a modified version of Bennys new CTI. BUT and a big BUT I would never release it anywhere.

Because of how much respect I have for the work Benny puts into his missions.

It was the base I used to try out a player only class based highly restricted version of BECTI.

But I have seen a few morons claiming themselves as the author of his concept test on SteamWorks. Some even rename the mission because they managed to increase the money you start with or some other such petty change.

As I see it. Anyone putting someone elses work on SteamWorks as their own, Without the original authors consent Should have their SteamWorks upload ability removed.

There is only one Benny.

I have never seen him make people ask for permission to run his mission. In the many years I've played it. If it's put in the community, then it's because he hosted it publicly. If he hosted it, then it's in a user cache. Graves ran a BE warfare 'Mo money' edition of BE Warfare, he changed it so you can have 'Mo money', because pimps like mo money better than no money. He did not claim to write the mission.

I don't recall Benny complaining that someone broke into his house and stole his mission. There aren't any request in the mission scripts where Benny said "you better ask me first if you want to host my mission". Traditionally there are no mission writers who try to control who host missions with the exception of a few scumbags who pretended they wrote "Nogovo Crimes" and then tried to hijack a life mission based on all the ideas and scripts, but I'll out them some other day.

Many of Bennys scripts tell you where you should alter variables so you can change it.

Benny is not petty. That's why he is loved. Because he loves.

Benny wrote the version thats being played in arma3 at the moment as a concept test and he tested it on the XR server. BECTI_0.9

Some people, myself included got on XR to get a copy of Bennys work to see what he was planning.

So this means warfare Benny is coming???? :bounce3::bounce3::yay::yay::bounce3::bounce3:

Edited by Mosku_FIN

There is only one Benny.

I have never seen him make people ask for permission to run his mission. In the many years I've played it. If it's put in the community, then it's because he hosted it publicly. If he hosted it, then it's in a user cache. Graves ran a BE warfare 'Mo money' edition of BE Warfare, he changed it so you can have 'Mo money', because pimps like mo money better than no money. He did not claim to write the mission.

I don't recall Benny complaining that someone broke into his house and stole his mission. There aren't any request in the mission scripts where Benny said "you better ask me first if you want to host my mission". Traditionally there are no mission writers who try to control who host missions with the exception of a few scumbags who pretended they wrote "Nogovo Crimes" and then tried to hijack a life mission based on all the ideas and scripts, but I'll out them some other day.

Many of Bennys scripts tell you where you should alter variables so you can change it.

Benny is not petty. That's why he is loved. Because he loves.

Didn't realise that you KNOW Benny, and his intentions :j:. From what BL1P said it didn't sound like a release to me. Until Benny himself releases the mission I would expect the community not to be bandying about the 'test'. Perhaps it's just that I have more scruples.

In my opinion: If somebody hosts his mission public, he agrees that other people can extract this mission from cache and rehost it. Obviously this won't grant anyone the permission to alter and rerelease the mission, except the disclaimer (in pbo or script files) states otherwise. And I am not saying, that hosting a mission for testing is a missionrelease. If I don't want a mission to be hosted somewhere else, I won't host it public myself.

My conclusion:

Is Benny Warfare released for A3? No!

Can I play and host the mission? Yes!

Can I alter it and rerelease it? No, except Benny says something else!

Can I port over BeCTI from A2 to A3? Look what the readme of the A2 versions says about it!

Didn't realise that you KNOW Benny, and his intentions :j:. From what BL1P said it didn't sound like a release to me. Until Benny himself releases the mission I would expect the community not to be bandying about the 'test'. Perhaps it's just that I have more scruples.
Hey,

Hey my steam account name is ______ (display name ______), as long as the original author (me) is still present there's no problems :)

Regards,

Benny.

Hi. Your option missions CTI best and most qualitative. And Russian players in your case warfare, the most loyal to you. And as you know community arma2.ru make changes to your version, following their players. So it happens with the arma3. On this forum I saw perturbation our actions by not even you ,and other people. Therefore, I would like to know your opinion on this issue. How about the fact that we make a change,and that placed modified BECTI in the workshop steam. We are not in some case do not claim neither to the right of your mission, nor of authorship. It would be great to know your nick on steam. sorry for my English. With great respect.

Benny not against any changes, hosting, the publication of the workshop. However, it requires compliance with certain conditions. That always followed the warfare for arma 2, and in warfare for arma3

Edited by outchitel

Benny not against any changes, hosting, the publication of the workshop. However, it requires compliance with certain conditions. That always followed the warfare for arma 2, and in warfare for arma3

He does require the Author remains him. On steam your version of the test mission is classed as author YOU not HIM.

By: then your name and also CREATED BY: then your name all on steam workshop page.

Hmmmm now that is NOT the right thing to do! Also when Benny does release his mission you will have to change your thread title!

It might just be that if you submit a mission to Steamworks you cant change the author or something ?

I dunno... I just know that looking at steam it looks like other people made the mission which is wrong :(

I do know that the 0.9 ver is current but as others have said, if it's on a public server then you absolutely cannot expect people to not suddenly have copies - in any case aside from keeping it private (and why would you go to all that work to keep it to yourself; you may as well make an SP version instead), the public will get hold of it somehow.

However, I think any adaptations or modifications to it (or even a simple rehost) should still include him as Author, and definitely direct all credit to him aside from anything you've changed.

For the amount of work that I know it takes to create something like this I think it's a complete insult that the Steam workshop submission of this mission doesn't even mention Benny and his team anywhere. There has to be something that can be done to prevent things like this from happening.

It .... is ..... theft!

Considering how quickly moderators close 'dodgy' content (people porting others work etc) whoever put this onto workshop has some nerve!

I do know that the 0.9 ver is current but as others have said, if it's on a public server then you absolutely cannot expect people to not suddenly have copies - in any case aside from keeping it private (and why would you go to all that work to keep it to yourself; you may as well make an SP version instead), the public will get hold of it somehow.

However, I think any adaptations or modifications to it (or even a simple rehost) should still include him as Author, and definitely direct all credit to him aside from anything you've changed.

Yer we all know that if you release a mission as soon as its on servers it will be edited and numerous edits will appear on different servers.

But submitting an edit to SteamWorks ... wtf !

"Hey,

You can depbo the mission/edit whatever you want I have 0 problems with it (and never had any) as long as it's still called BECTI" - Benny.

@Kremotor. Go suck on your "scruples". My estimation of Bennys class act attitude toward fantastic mission making and community relationship stands. You judgment of me and my morals means nothing, and your dictation of "scruples" are sophomoric attempts to rewrite OFP/ Arma community tradition 12 years old.

The rules are. If you use a script, keep the credits in the comment //, don't claim shit that isn't yours, don't tell people how to have fun and don't claim to be an authority when you are not.

It .... is ..... theft!

Considering how quickly moderators close 'dodgy' content (people porting others work etc) whoever put this onto workshop has some nerve!

Theft? Have I missed something?

Theft? Have I missed something?

Fraud is probably a better term for theft implies the original is missing. Pirating is more when a duplicate is made (illegally), but fraudulent behaviour is occurring here - people claiming others' work is theirs.

It is not any of these things, as mod/mission authors (as far as I can tell) cannot own the copyright to their mod without the express permission of the copyright holder of the game which the mod/mission was made for.

This is clearly not happening with BI, not even with total conversion mods. They want it all to remain free, and so does everyone else.

Hosting someone else's mission when they don't want you to is RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL. As is claiming their mission is yours. This isn't the last time this issue will arise on Steam Workshop.

There is no theft or piracy, however.

It is not any of these things, as mod/mission authors (as far as I can tell) cannot own the copyright to their mod without the express permission of the copyright holder of the game which the mod/mission was made for.

This is clearly not happening with BI, not even with total conversion mods. They want it all to remain free, and so does everyone else.

Hosting someone else's mission when they don't want you to is RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL. As is claiming their mission is yours. This isn't the last time this issue will arise on Steam Workshop.

Semantics - it's still fraud. Criminal or not, fraud is basically pretending something is your own when it's not; kind of like plagiarism.

Even if you create unique content with/for proprietary software it's your intellectual property... and every original intellectual property is copyright protected in most countries

Enforcing this copyright is another story....

Apart from that... a few days after benny started up a test server with his mission (BECTI 0.9) I asked him if we can host it on our server and modify a few things if needed. He replied:" Yes, that's what it is for"

... this however doesn't give anyone the right to release his mission under someone else's name

Edited by trnapster