Sign in to follow this  
zdowggg

AI is exstremly stupid

why is arma 3 ai so stupid not the enemy cause they seem ok but the units under your control are garbage there buged to the max

running into walls and getting stuck

telling them to go places and they just say negative

telling the mlrs or other atry vehicles to fire on targets and negative but when i get in i can do it fine

sometimes when u have 4 to 5 vehicles of ai you cant get them to disembark sometimes there is no disembark on the commands

are they going to be patched cause this is unplayable how can a realistic game have such unrealistic ai and be fun

Because you don't know how to control them, don't blame it on the AI, dude

Yeah, lets blame it on ourselfs.

then AI is A2 Was much better. imo.

I find it works best to give the ai as little orders as possible.

combat mode danger

engage at will

all I use.

When you are commanding the AI they tend to be more stupid than when they act by themselves.

The commanding structure and interface isn't great but you can work with it after some practice.

Vanilla, A3 AI beats anything else in the series.

I'm not sure but the Dev Branch pre-release had a better AI than we have now.

Using vehicles it's their peak of stupidy.

I don't understand how so many people can only be playing co-op for this reason

Because you play against them, which is good enough.

Also, who would patrol an empty site for half an hour or more in a "relaxed" way?

Because you play against them, which is good enough.

Also, who would patrol an empty site for half an hour or more in a "relaxed" way?

How about mixing two teams of real players and AI to create a much less scripted experience

i tested one of the showcases yesterday. the one called "armed assault". and i noticed something that always bugged me since ofp. it's the fact that staying inside the formation is such a high priority for the AI. to a point where i stand behind cover being suppressed watching my team mate just stand there getting slaughtered. "all will be fine as long as i keep formation". it's ridiculous. formations should be default positioning when not under fire but other than that they should have a low priority.

once i reached the road block all my squad mates were dead. and all due to moving much more retardedly than the enemy AI. they also get stuck quite a lot and have a hard time catching up, which is very annoying. the commanding system needs to be way simplified. there seems to be another layer of stuff going on when AI is lead by the player that seems to confuse them.

Like Smurf said, the AI in the dev branch was working better because of tweaks they made. Hopefully the tweaks will get patched into the stable branch in the coming weeks. Like Leon86, I mostly let the AI do its own thing in Danger mode and they're pretty good. The getting stuck issue can be counteracted by using the WW AI Menu mod.

Ai on arma 3 is better, but looks like enemy aways pawn my ai( even if I'm not in charge).

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

Like Smurf said, the AI in the dev branch was working better because of tweaks they made. Hopefully the tweaks will get patched into the stable branch in the coming weeks. Like Leon86, I mostly let the AI do its own thing in Danger mode and they're pretty good. The getting stuck issue can be counteracted by using the WW AI Menu mod.

Someone said to me put then on prone, then stand up unstuck then (don't test it yet)

If you have noticed specific problems with the AI, separated them and you're able to provide constructive feedback, please us this thread for AI feedback. Thank you! :)