Sign in to follow this  
giorgos

First impressions on Altis from a Lemos resident

we are planning to invade the island soon, this is our virtual training simulator to know the island and have some surprise advantage tactics

Dont even joke about it....

But are there windmills in the future eh ?

Well, if they are here since the beginning of the XXth century...

yeah, they did a great job replicating the solar panel..

Hey OP do you think you'll be able to post real life and in-game pictures comparison? next time you go there?

Edited by vagabond985

Here's the first impression from someone who was born and raised on Limnos :)

I played the game for a few hours yesterday, just some driving around on the editor and my mind was blown. I don't have anything to say about the campaign, the weaponry etc (haven't tried it yet) but the island is so real it's scary.

Ok so I couldn't find my house, the main town is designed for gaming purposes (wider streets, houses etc) but apart from that and some other minor details i thought i was watching a youtube video of Limnos. The roads, hills, beaches, salt flats, dirt roads, rocks, football grounds everything looks better than i hoped and i've only played a couple of hours. I never thought i would be able to drive around in Arma 3 as if i was actually driving on the island itself.

All in all, I'm very impressed with the work BI put into making the island as realistic as possible, hopefully i will be impressed by the game itself too.

Really awesome to hear.

Must be really strange to be able to play on the island you grew up on... Btw, just google Lemnos and see the google earth version, and turn on Photos too see allot of the island.

Edited by Necramonium

Hey OP do you think you'll be bale to post real life and in-game pictures comparison? next time you go there?

+1 Please, that would be really nice :)

Or maybe if he has already some photos too.

dang! maybe you right

Yeah, I think that the greek authorities doesn't have much sense of humor... :rolleyes:

Ok here are some photos from Limnos. There are some good ones on google maps as well, especially of Myrina (or Kavala according to Arma)

Anyway:

1. photo of the castle in Myrina. You can also see a small peninsula on the left which you can also see in the game. It's the beach of Aggelohori in Arma.

2vrm.th.jpg

2. Photo taken from the same place as the one before, looking to the right.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6576/69ak.jpg (130 kB)

3. Salt flats as seen from the road.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9413/56qj.jpg (123 kB)

4. Rocky beach at the south peninsula of Limnos. Near Zaros bay in Arma, area called Agios Kosmas in Arma.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5210/75cu.jpg (206 kB)

Could someone fix the thread title for me please? It's Lemnos or Limnos and i'm not a resident anymore. Maybe a Lemnos native? Thanks.

Edited by giorgos
added photo