Sign in to follow this  
giorgos

First impressions on Altis from a Lemos resident

Here's the first impression from someone who was born and raised on Limnos :)

I played the game for a few hours yesterday, just some driving around on the editor and my mind was blown. I don't have anything to say about the campaign, the weaponry etc (haven't tried it yet) but the island is so real it's scary.

Ok so I couldn't find my house, the main town is designed for gaming purposes (wider streets, houses etc) but apart from that and some other minor details i thought i was watching a youtube video of Limnos. The roads, hills, beaches, salt flats, dirt roads, rocks, football grounds everything looks better than i hoped and i've only played a couple of hours. I never thought i would be able to drive around in Arma 3 as if i was actually driving on the island itself.

All in all, I'm very impressed with the work BI put into making the island as realistic as possible, hopefully i will be impressed by the game itself too.

nice to hear. It feels real - I never was in Lemnos but holiday in those regions. Its really well amde :)

Excellent news to hear, Altis is an amazing place to explore .. I'm still finding new places to explore and discover. Its going to keep me occupied for some hours yet :)

Now that's the kind of feedback I love hearing. I have barely fired a shot in anger on Altis, I'm content just to cruise around admiring the scenery that has just been confirmed as authentic by a native!

Now that's the kind of feedback I love hearing. I have barely fired a shot in anger on Altis, I'm content just to cruise around admiring the scenery that has just been confirmed as authentic by a native!

I actually drove from the capital to my grandparents village (about 30 km) not using the main road, without a map, even though the names of the places are not the real ones. It's so easy to navigate if you know the place, because the scenery is exactly the same (minus the futuristic military stations obviously).

You'll be a popular squad member !

ef̱charistíes

cj

You'll be a popular squad member !

ef̱charistíes

cj

SCOUT FOR HIRE (lol)

You're welcome

OP: That’s great.

BIS are lacking in quite a few respects regards A3, but one of the many things they excel at, is terrains, can’t fault them on that.

:)

I don't have anything to say about the campaign

Nobody does (yet) ;)

BTW, the solar power plants, are they on Limnos and look like in A3? Can you tell us where you are from, maybe in Arma coords or where about?

Nobody does (yet) ;)

BTW, the solar power plants, are they on Limnos and look like in A3? Can you tell us where you are from, maybe in Arma coords or where about?

As I said, I've only played a couple of hours so I'll just comment on what I've seen so far.

There are solar plants but not on such a scale and without the tall buildings that i noticed in the game. It's more like small plants on pieces of land of around 15-20 solar panels. There are also some wind turbines, maybe a dozen or so, but there are plans to install more. So I guess BI got it right since the game is about 20 years from now :)

I am from Myrina (Kavala in Arma), but I left Limnos after high school and I live in Athens. My family still lives there so I go 2-3 times a year.

Quick,have a peek and tell us what are they doing in those domes.:D

Oh, I know.

But I'm not saying. :mysterious:

That's really cool!

BTW how does it feel that your born place is now a "virtual" battlefield?

Did any local Newspapers pick up the story, what are they writing about it?

Money. A lot of money. But pssssst!

I'm sure the average Limnosian is not aware of ArmA 3 battlefields.

Did any local Newspapers pick up the story, what are they writing about it?

"Last night a man entered in a bar and attacked the patrons,witnesses reports that he was screaming and trying to bite people.A local police officer alarmed by the scandal arrived at the scene and shot the aggressor 9 times before he finally collapsed."

It's always starting like this.:biggrin:

"Last night a man entered in a bar and attacked the patrons,witnesses reports that he was screaming and trying to bite people.A local police officer alarmed by the scandal arrived at the scene and shot the aggressor 9 times before he finally collapsed."

Krycek stop! It's already the second keyboard that I ruin hahaha

MistyRonin: It's quite strange, I played a lot of Arma2 and DayZ, I also played the demo on Stratis and was really looking forward to the game because I wanted to see if it would make any difference for me playing on Limnos. Well, it is very strange and very interesting at the same time. I don't think I will be able to kill any locals or fire at the buildings as easily as you guys!

Tonci87: Nationwide and local papers did pick up the story when the game was announced (as well as the incident with the arrests). Most of it was positive. Unfortunately, as far as I know, the mayor and some other people decided to criticise the game for potentially exposing military secrets. Which is obviously bollocks. Anyway I would have preferred if the mayor had invited BI to the island, maybe a press conference, a tour, anything to show that we're not some backward idiots who think games are only for children.

tortuosit: maybe not, but still there are a lot of people who know about it and will play the game

Krycek: That actually sounds a lot like an average winter Limnos night to me... :D

@giorgos: I'm paying big $$$ for information on best camp sites -no not the tent kind!

@krycek: LOL!

I think it will be quite interesting to see what local newspapers will write about this if they decide to test the game

@krycek Nice one

Excellent news to hear, Altis is an amazing place to explore .. I'm still finding new places to explore and discover. Its going to keep me occupied for some hours yet :)

I want to explore but I cant spawn the buzzard in the editor