Sign in to follow this  
noteat

Game running laggy or cutting creen low fps on ALTIS island

In Beta version on Stratis i have played with 1920x1080 resolution without problems with cutting screen or low fps. After full version release yesterday i had big problém with lags or maybe low fps on resolution 1300x700 and low view distance with 10fps. i was logining maybe 5 minutes to MP server with ping 23ms without success (Stuck during loading all the trys). After one succesfull connection i have been alone on the server because every player who connected was kicked with BattleEye....looks like little bit bugy or WTF is happening? Should u stay on Beta for bit longer guys to debug and tune it? Do u have same issues or is it only on my side?

It isnt just you altis is very computer hungry when it runs and makes lots of computers lag

The tricks that have netted me an extra 20+ fps:

1) load map, then alt tab out and, in task manager, set Arma 3 process to highest priority

2) reduce view distance and objects (auto-detect settings had mine at 3800 and 1750 respectively. I dropped them to 3000 and 1250)

3) set SSAO to "standard" (auto-detect had mine set to Ultra)

Mind you, this is in single player! I haven't tried mp, but it's not something I'm interested in as I've a few mods that I like to use and hate having to disable them just to pop onto a multiplayer server and find myself standing around a crate for an hour waiting for a helicopter ride to a mission that will be over by the time I arrive. LOL.

I still get the same 10-30 fps that I was getting on day 1 of alpha no matter what tweaks I try. Running a GTX-680, 32 GB RAM, AMD FX-8350 4.0 GB 8-core processor, with SSD....if I get 110 fps with BF3 on ultra and 50-60 fps in Crysis 3 on max settings, there is no reason I should be getting any less then 60-100 fps on Arma 3. ... In theory :j:

Yeah, I, too, get 100+ FPS on BF3 maxed, and was cruising along nicely in Crysis 3 in between 45-55 maxed (your card's better than mine, dammit! LOL), but neither are as complex or huge as this game. I mean, look at the biggest BF3 map; it's not even a fraction of the size of Altis. Same with Crysis 3 (as much of it's on rails, so a lot of the pretty stuff in the distance is just set dressing). There's more going on, but it's in a much more confined space, so I can understand why we won't get 100fps here, but I agree that those of us with more potent rigs SHOULD'T be getting anything less than 40fps.

Another way to gain FPS and smooth the gameplay is to give arma3 core 2-7 and deactivate core 0-1 in task manager. for me 5 xtra FPS but this with a mobile cpu and gpu.

It isnt just you altis is very computer hungry when it runs and makes lots of computers lag

Cmon, its a matter of scripting and less hardware. Well, im done with this. Uninstall this crap. Want my Money back!!!