Sign in to follow this  
greywolf907

Helo extract problem.

So I have the AI flying the choppers for pickup after the mission. I am using this in the waypoint dostop heli6; heli6 land "land" and this in the next for all the playble units ((!alive unit1) OR (unit1 in heli6)) AND ((!alive unit2) OR (unit2 in heli6)) AND ((!alive unit3) OR (unit3 in heli6)); it works great in the editor. The problem is when I extract it to multiplayer and play the mission the chopper lands turns of the engine like it should but when we jump in it wont leave because one of the units is not filled with a live player and it thinks he is still alive on the map somewhere even though I disabled AI before stating the mission and only the slots we filled spawn into the game. I tested it with a quick mission in the editor everything the same for the pickup try it in multiplayer and the same I can spawn in the AI unit with me and everything works perfect but if I disable the AI before the start the chopper wont leave when I get in. Does anyone know how to fix this I could really use the help thanks.

{alive _x && _x in heli6} count (playableUnits + switchableUnits) == {alive _x} count (playableUnits + switchableUnits)

So I take the x in your example is where I would add my units names? And do I have to add the whole line for every unit? If you could make a example with the units I have in the post that would be awesome. Sorry I have been messing with this thing for hours and am burnt out on trouble shooting it . Thanks

Nope, you'd replace your condition with exactly what i wrote instead of writing out every unit like you had. (playableUnits + switchableUnits) is automatically the list of all playable/player units in MP or the editor. The alive _x makes sure they exist and are alive.

So that statement says "Are all the alive players in the helicopter?" (or more technically is the count of players who are alive and in the helicopter equal to the count of players who are alive)

Thanks man your a life saver.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

So that worked like a charm but as I have 2 choppers picking up 2 different groups at one time how will it know what group belongs in what chopper? Thanks again