Jump to content
rip31st

31st Normandy Mod: World War II for ArmA3

Recommended Posts

Will you share any screenshots of the map before the "release" ?

Of course!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im interested in the channel. How long to fly a jet across that channel? How about sail a ship at 56 km/h? :P Cant wait for the map!1!111!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im interested in the channel. How long to fly a jet across that channel? How about sail a ship at 56 km/h? :P Cant wait for the map!1!111!!

What speed is your jet traveling at?

I haven't flown across it in a while. I did it once in a Hawker Hurricane and a C-47 Skytrain. I can remember it took a while. We've also shot V-1 and V-2 rockets across it. Also a test group flew Ju-87 Stukas and bombed a radio station near Dover. They departed from Calais. I recall that crossing didn't take too long. When I say too long you've got to consider the scale in nearly 1:1. :)

Boats, ships, subs. Those might take a long while!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:P 800 km/h? Cant wait man !

 

At that speed crossing the widest portion of the channel.  Roughly 14-15 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh if i could get any units and or maps. Anything you have done and working i would love you forever!! I've been looking for a good wwii mod for arma 3 since i got it. It makes me glad to see its still alive. I44 looks to have died out quite sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh if i could get any units and or maps. Anything you have done and working i would love you forever!! I've been looking for a good wwii mod for arma 3 since i got it. It makes me glad to see its still alive. I44 looks to have died out quite sadly.

While it's going to be some time before a release you can have the opportunity to work on our team and contribute by contacting me via pm or email or even on Steam. We're looking for folks that are familiar with the Eden editor and object placement. Those folks will get early access to a portion of the objects and terrain so long as they're willing to actively participate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately im no good with the editor or object placement. I wouldnt do anything but get in the way. May i make a few suggestions however for the mod as a whole?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately im no good with the editor or object placement. I wouldnt do anything but get in the way. May i make a few suggestions however for the mod as a whole?

All suggestions are welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your obsessed with massive maps Henrik  ;)

Nothing wrong with that! :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are you guys restricting yourselves to 1944 weaponry only or are you gonna add in 1945 weapons and vehicles too? might be a stupid question but its just curiosity 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, i have one question this mod is for Arma 2, or Arma 3 because I see on armaholic is for Arma 2, and the title of this discussion is for arma 3.

Because i'm like WW 2, and i search mod for play, in Arma 3 and creat scenario.

Edited by Furiousse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Furiousse said:

Hello, i have one question this mod is for Arma 2, or Arma 3 because I see on armaholic is for Arma 2, and the title of this discussion is for arma 3.

Because i'm like WW 2, and i search mod for play, in Arma 3 and creat scenario.

 

The mod has downloadable releases for ArmA and ArmA2.

 

The mod status is work in progress towards a ArmA3 release or later.   There is currently no support for bringing the prior releases into or making them compatible with ArmA3.  Nor is there permissions to do so for any entity.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2016 at 5:04 PM, rocket man said:

are you guys restricting yourselves to 1944 weaponry only or are you gonna add in 1945 weapons and vehicles too? might be a stupid question but its just curiosity 

 

It's based of 1944 and beyond. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya rip, by any chance you still need an object placer?  I can help if you want me, I can just PM you and such on the forums.  I did it before but the update happened so it got wiped.  I pay a lot of attention to detail and I'd love to help make the map as authentic as possible and include all the detail I possibly can!  Thank you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rip we are looking for a swedish guy who did work for you his name was something like troc and he gave you some assets its of the highest importance we talk to him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chas gate said:

Rip we are looking for a swedish guy who did work for you his name was something like troc and he gave you some assets its of the highest importance we talk to him

Who's "we"?. Nevertheless this is something that should be discussed in PMs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello rip31st,

I stumbled across this mod and I am REALLY amazed how you handle this big mod. Even if it has half of the content of the older versions, it would be the biggest world war two mod out there (Not that this would be important, it´s not a contest).

I like this theme and I think it fits well in the Arma series. I played almost 400 hours Arma now (not much I know) and spend almost all of that time in the Eden editor, where I build scenarios or just structures like millitary bases or checkpoints. I want to help you to build the map, if you need any help. I am very experienced with building Villages or things like that and could also offer my help as a sound actor ( I speak German and con imitate an ostfriesian accent preety good. Please respond to me or PM me. Good Luck and keep it up!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is not at this time.  I'll keep you posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2017 at 5:25 AM, EHolz said:

Hello rip31st,

I stumbled across this mod and I am REALLY amazed how you handle this big mod. Even if it has half of the content of the older versions, it would be the biggest world war two mod out there (Not that this would be important, it´s not a contest).

I like this theme and I think it fits well in the Arma series. I played almost 400 hours Arma now (not much I know) and spend almost all of that time in the Eden editor, where I build scenarios or just structures like millitary bases or checkpoints. I want to help you to build the map, if you need any help. I am very experienced with building Villages or things like that and could also offer my help as a sound actor ( I speak German and con imitate an ostfriesian accent preety good. Please respond to me or PM me. Good Luck and keep it up!

Currently working on a highly detailed object for Vierville.  When I'm done with it I'll consider it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×