rip31st

31st Normandy Mod: World War II for ArmA3

Wow that is a big map... out of curiosity - have you checked for glitches, in SP& MP ? I remember that somebody a while back did some map size test and above ~200km glitches (dont remember exactly) in the right upper corner of the map started to happen as arma began to run into position precision problems or something like that

I'm liking this but I wonder when we can see a release, maybe have a group of alpha testers. 

Have them test the map for glitches and issues, that way you have a team of people looking for issues and saving you time looking your selves.

Hey, Rip, I sent you a pm about assisting with the mod development. Check it out when you have a chance, thanks!

Glitches...big map...

I mean if you're experienced in making big maps then you already know what they are. If you don't use proper calculations for your terrain grid, then there's going to be all sorts of issues.

This map however loads quickly, has high FPS, and does not have any positioning issues you're describing. I am aware of what you're referring to. It happened a long long time ago when I first started building large maps so I avoid using those variables that cause that issue.

Does that mean to say even though it's a large map that it's stable and easy on the system also?

I would expect at least small issues but I also know that small issues can be fixed.

Hey, I found a script that that would greatly increase the immersion in 31st, rip. I sent you a  PM with the details on it and maybe you can figure out how to implement the script into 31st Normandy.

In an earlier post for the Arma 2 version of FoW before you switched to A3, I saw you say something about the tanks having interiors.Do they still have interiors in Arma 3? Do you have pictures of say a Sherman or a tiger tank interior? I would love to see that.

It's a real pleasure to see the mod is still alive ...

Rip I send you a PM, I'll be  starring at my screen until you reply. I really hope I can support you guy's in some way or another, Kinda feel like I owe you ...

It's a real pleasure to see the mod is still alive ...

Rip I send you a PM, I'll be  starring at my screen until you reply. I really hope I can support you guy's in some way or another, Kinda feel like I owe you ...

I'm not sure, but I don't think they're actually working on anything, no video's, little to no pictures. 

I'm not sure, but I don't think they're actually working on anything, no video's, little to no pictures. 

Just because they don't give us constant updates doesn't mean it isn't being worked on.

Absolutely buzzing for this mod. I regularly still play the ArmA 2 version and I can't wait to try it in ArmA 3.

I am really god damn keen for this, I am ready for the Onslaught!!! :D

Still plugging away. Bit of a breakthrough in something that was holding us back on the terrain. We didn't want everything looking the same from place to place given how huge this project is. Everytime a model is worked and reworked it keeps improving! That said things are going well.

Well i really want to see some pictures :D , ill wait i guess.

Yes please, I cant wait until this mod will be released  ^_^

Pictures of your project would be really nice to see, and have you tested the map in its current state to test if it runs, and behaves the way you would want it to?

• Like 1

Awesome !!!!

If i can help with anything please let me know!! I am dutch but I can help with the voice acting. I have to speak English for school and work.

Awesome !!!!

If i can help with anything please let me know!! I am dutch but I can help with the voice acting. I have to speak English for school and work.

Dito, if you need something translated into german, i can do this if you want 

Cant wait for this to come out must be soon !! :D

I think this mod is dead buddy. Sorry :(

Its not dead.....it will be ready when its.........

it will be ready when its ready,it will be ready when its , it will be ready when its....Ready word-beamed-semiquavers.gif

Dancing banana theme tune 314175.gif

Its not dead.....it will be ready when its.........

it will be ready when its ready,it will be ready when its , it will be ready when its....Ready word-beamed-semiquavers.gif

Dancing banana theme tune 314175.gif

How do you know jeza? Mate they haven't posted anything since they started their thread.