rip31st

31st Normandy Mod: World War II for ArmA3

Would it be to much to ask if we can see some WIP screen shots, just to see where your at if nothing else.

Edited by Yoshi

I must say I am really looking forward to this. The size of the map is revolutionary! As an avid WW2 fan and realism unit enthusiast, this will be fantastic to play!

Edited by SevRoks

i too would love to see where you guys are at if nothing else. so we all get an idea how its coming along etc etc

they should just release the map in stages of completion. if it as big as they say it is.. its going to take years to populate with foilage and towns that are well.. not rushed.

they should just release the map in stages of completion. if it as big as they say it is.. its going to take years to populate with foilage and towns that are well.. not rushed.

No, what they should do is concentrate on making their addon, in their free time, without having to answer question after question about their progress. It will be done when its done...If patience is a virtue, there are very few virtuous people in this thread.

No, what they should do is concentrate on making their addon, in their free time, without having to answer question after question about their progress. It will be done when its done...If patience is a virtue, there are very few virtuous people in this thread.

i was just saying it might be easier to do.... rather than doing the entire 1/2 scale at one time then getting load of bug reports after release about map issues..

After a few years...

PS.

You are a true optimist.

Hey, Rip, come onto our teamspeak sometime and we can talk more about helping you out with the mod development :D

I've been talking to all of my previous realism unit buddies about this and the hype is very real. Can't wait to see what you and your team have in store!

i was just saying it might be easier to do.... rather than doing the entire 1/2 scale at one time then getting load of bug reports after release about map issues..

What you don't realize is that they HAVE been doing this for years. Rip and the crew at 31st know what they're doing. Their "alpha" in ArmA 1 was more content than 2/3rds of the mods available at the time. Really, man, ya just gotta be patient. Go buy A1 for $0.50 or however much it is these days and fire up the old files and you'll get a very basic idea of the scale of this puppy. They made their first release 7 years ago. They've had some problems along the way, and real life set them back for a while, but they've been steadily pushing towards their goal. They've been populating England and France for over 7 years. Nothing has been "rushed". Paris back in A2 (before you joined these forums) looked absolutely frakking beautiful. It might take them a while to convert everything to A3, to make it all pretty and shiny, etc. etc. but it will get done.

We're talking a 150x150km terrain. I'd think, what, at least a hundred vehicles? Dozens of aircraft? God only knows how many infantry/uniforms/helmets/vests and small arms and everything else.

I understand they're doing a lot, but they haven't posted wip screenshots, nothing to back up these claims that they're working on it and from our stand point not even regular updates to show it's all coming along. It's really not much to ask for to post screen shots of what they're doing.

I understand they're doing a lot
nothing to back up these claims that they're working on it

:confused:

As darkhorse said they have been doing this for a long time now and here and here is the previous work which again took a lot of time and effort as this is I'm sure. Patience wips will be shown when rip and co are ready I'm sure :)

And even if they don't, they don't owe anything to anybody.

Indeed! It'll be along eventually, probably. Until then Yoshi, your barbershop crate is being dropped into the middle of Chernogorsk, which ought to keep your mind off things while you fight off a bunch of communists.

I don't even know you and I hate you :D

I do understand it's a lot to take on I do, but i'm the kind of person who likes to know what's going on so that I can enjoy the wait knowing that it's going to be good.

Warning: Fanboy comment.

You guys are amazing!! Been a big fan of your work in ArmA!! Keep it up! Can't wait to try this stuff out, ARMA 3 is BEEEEGGING for a proper WW2 mod :)

So it's been a little while, how goes everything RIP? Progress continues I hope :) I'm very excited to see all that's in store when the mod is ready!

huh voice acting? If there is still need of it, I could do you something, Im german with a good english pronunciation

Any news on the mod? I hope it's not dead. If you could share some progress on the mod that would be great :D

Still working on things...

EC1_zpsmpozl1wb.jpg

EC2_zpsxyxzs41q.jpg

Flew across the English Channel in the A3 version of the warthog.  Let's just say it took a bit of time to cross.  :)

• Like 2

Still working on things...

EC1_zpsmpozl1wb.jpg

EC2_zpsxyxzs41q.jpg

Flew across the English Channel in the A3 version of the warthog.  Let's just say it took a bit of time to cross.  :)

hate to ask really but im curious haha 

if you were to give a ROUGH idea how finished this map is what would you say? 

because its so big... you could get away with releasing it a bit early as there would still be a large chunk to play with :P

and you could just put a disclaimer when releasing (not finished or something) 

It's been a thought, but the guy's say no rush every time I ask.

It's been a thought, but the guy's say no rush every time I ask.

thats fair enough really. 

thanks for the reply though bud