rip31st

31st Normandy Mod: World War II for ArmA3

Time to bring Real Virtuality game engine's largest custom map to life with the next iteration of World War II for ArmA3 in the form of The 31st Normandy Mod. The map will feature all new terrain with a higher resolution satellite and height map than the previous release. It will also contain mostly custom objects with a twist and foliage not used from BIS's library. The mod will include all new infantry, weapons, armor, aircraft, and water born vessels. The mod contains a large amount of weapon systems the avid World War II savy fanatic would enjoy.

So sit back, relax, and enjoy the pics, videos, and posts to come.

And oh yeah, if you're a great voice actor English, German, or French and feel like swearing up a storm, yelling, screaming, laughing, crying some...or what ev's pm.

* disclaimer: patience is a virtue!

** This is not the only WW2 mod in the works, nor a contest to the others.

Answers to one of the most popular questions from the past: No we don't officially work with other mods because we all have our own separate interests in something we share a common interest in. We do talk and share occasionally, but that's the extent. I know, I know... seems redundant, but in the end you win. You get to pick and choose from a lot of awesome content provided to you at the cost of free!

And yes, right now we are open to the idea of new team members. So if you want to contribute in any form, feel free to pm.

I'd love to be a voice actor! I just wish I had a better mic...

:c

Cell phones tend to be quite nice to record voice (cuz of the filters they had implemented).

I'd love to be a voice actor! I just wish I had a better mic...

:c

Hey, that's what studio software and filters are for!

So here's the map area otherwise known as the "English channel" map. It can serve a variety of purposes. Map size is 153.6 km x 153.6 km.

Englishchannel1_zps9fed4e65.jpg

Edited by Rip31st
  • Like 1

Well, if you want me to try, give me some lines and some instructions! (Also, what kind of software..?)

Anywho, that looks pretty good!

Well, if you want me to try, give me some lines and some instructions! (Also, what kind of software..?)

Anywho, that looks pretty good!

All of ArmA3's radio voice's (lines) are contained in dubbing_radio_f.pbo in your ArmA3 addons folder. A lot of people use Audacity(free software) from sourceforge.net which can be found here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ I personally use FL Studio Pro which you have to pay for a license. I believe with FL studio you can obtain a trial version with most of the use of the full version. Both work well.

If you're not familiar with the ArmA3 development structure, I could teach you, or you could learn rather easily from the boards as there are many tutorials on how to setup a P:drive structure and begin modding ArmA content.

The idea is to go into the dubbing_radio_f.pbo and pick a character ( male00 through male09 ) any one of them will do, listen to, modify and replace the current radio sounds with your own version. Once you've extracted the pbo and looked at the contents, you'll see more or less what needs to be replaced for whatever character you choose.

The lines don't have to match exactly, you can tweak them however you wish, add some flare if you know what I mean, or drama to the voice, whatever you wish. :D

I can give you a set I already have extracted and you can take them and mod them as you wish, or like I said I could teach you or you can learn from the boards.

Either way, pm me if you desire to participate.

glad you're continuing this.. I can fix up some of the broken stuff like textures not applied to LODs like the me-163 or he-111 and can do config work removing script errors etc, pm me

or if you need simple models or textures done I can also get stuff in game do configs from scratch

Edited by skeligandrew

glad you're continuing this.. I can fix up some of the broken stuff like textures not applied to LODs like the me-163 or he-111 and can do config work removing script errors etc, pm me

or if you need simple models or textures done I can also get stuff in game do configs from scratch

Awesome, anything helps. Look for a pm later this afternoon.

What program should I use to open the .pbo files? I've tried a few that I've used for A2, but they don't seem to work for A3...

What program should I use to open the .pbo files? I've tried a few that I've used for A2, but they don't seem to work for A3...

I'll get with you later on pm to explain the process

Interesting. Where are you into the project? Is this the beginning, the middle, close to the end?

Interesting. Where are you into the project? Is this the beginning, the middle, close to the end?

We are in a comfortable position to release this year. The work is 3/4's done. It's been an ongoing process for a while now. We haven't updated the BIS forums for a while now, but the work never stopped given some breaks here and there.

We had pretty good success with ArmA2. We were pretty happy with the results despite our problems we ran into that were removed. I think if you check armaholic and the other sites for the game we still show right up there at the top for downloads, views, etc. World War II has been very popular here within the community. The quality of the mod has come a long way since the days of ArmA1 where we were building models overnight and having them in game the next day. We snapped together a mod that took us roughly 30 days to make back then. Now were sinking a lot of time, days on end into one model alone and having a lot of discussion about each one.

Alright, I have .pbo manager, and audacity. Just pm me with what voice files you want and I'll do my best.

Alright, I have .pbo manager, and audacity. Just pm me with what voice files you want and I'll do my best.

It's ultimately your choice which character you wish to do. When you unpack and extract it, you'll find there are several characters to choose from inside the data folder. Pick one and work on those. BTW when you unpack it, the pbo itself is huge... it may take some time to extract and the program may appear to be not responding. Just take a break and let it run. The BIS tools have a tool to convert .wss files to .wave and back.

Thought I may see you here sooner rather than later :p . Following with true curiosity, and indeed as ever help is there as ever my Emerald City dude!

Been following your mod since ArmA: Armed Assault, can't wait for release. :)

Been following your mod since ArmA: Armed Assault, can't wait for release. :)

Thanks! It will be our highest quality work yet!

Nice looking forward to see this map finally ingame. The Arma 2 pics was awesome. How might this map looking in arma 3? We will see.

Nice looking forward to see this map finally ingame. The Arma 2 pics was awesome. How might this map looking in arma 3? We will see.

A lot of improvements, not so sparse. A lot more detail.

Sounds very good! I havent looked up the mod for previous games, so not sure about your capabilities... How big is the team, and how soonish can we hope for some visual updates? :3

If you need help to bring up the quality i'm willing to mix those audio files for you when they're done.

I'm an audio engineer and running a pretty decent Pro Tools production studio here.

I've also done some foley recording and mixing so I pretty much know how to deal with that stuff :)